The great CFC chain letter: around the world in 80 days!

I've been conditioned to say, "I'm from the US, originally" or "I'm from the States, originally" over "I'm an American"

What about words that describe specific groups? Like African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Italian Americans, blahablah. Would you call a black person in Canada, African Canadian or African American? If you don't like calling blacks in the US African Americans would you just say US Africans?

I think the first part of the hyphen-American drops when you're talking to non Americans... except perhaps in the case of African-Americans as that's a pretty distinct group of people.

What about words that describe specific groups? Like African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Italian Americans, blahablah. Would you call a black person in Canada, African Canadian or African American? If you don't like calling blacks in the US African Americans would you just say US Africans?
If they don't call themselves Canadians, they probably hyphenate which country they/their ancestors are from, ie. Sudanese-Canadian.

BTW, the camera and notebook are now on their way to Zelig. So please don't ask me for risky cougar pictures, 'cuz I don't have the camera anymore.

BTW, the camera and notebook are now on their way to Zelig. So please don't ask me for risky cougar pictures, 'cuz I don't have the camera anymore.

So we'll just assume this would have been the shot:

:)

Maybe Zelig will take a picture of a coyote (they often come into the city, looking for food). Or maybe a deer or moose. There must be somebody around who has fermented crabapples lying within temptation's reach...

'Course, there's always the dinosaur section of the zoo...

EDIT: IglooDude, that's not a cougar...

EDIT: IglooDude, that's not a cougar...

I know; I'm not zoologically confused, I'm just lazy, and happened to see the pic in thechive this morning. :dunno:

Whomp is going to dangle me off the side of Trump Tower while I hold the camera to get the perfect non-flying-machine aerial picture.

I know; I'm not zoologically confused, I'm just lazy, and happened to see the pic in thechive this morning. :dunno:
Well, when you speculate about a picture of me and a cougar, but post one of a lion, I did wonder... :mischief:

Don't worry guys, I'll take a picture of a cougar for ya.

Spoiler :
in the wild :groucho:

Oh man, I wish I lived in a place where there were cougar spottings...

Edit: LOL, just read that again, I guess there are plenty of cougars after men on a night out..

Looking for an update!

Incompetence? :confused:

BTW, just curious - how long did it take to get from Red Deer to Calgary?

Considering that you had to wait on me while I recovered from my illness, I'm hardly blaming you for anything. I was just curious to know if Canada Post was as efficient as they promised they would be. :)

I predict that the camera will get back to contre on

Spoiler :
5th January 2013

Anyone else care to make a prediction:)

Top Bottom