The Official Dating Vs. Staying Single Thread

WhiteEagle22

Hey guys and gals,

I'd thought I'd start this thread, because there's no official thread to talk about this.;) I'm willing to take the side of staying single. Here are the pros vs. cons IMHO:

Staying Single Pros Vs. Cons
Pros:
  • You have your spare time to yourself.
  • You spend less money.
  • Guys will trust you with their girlfriends, knowing you don't want to date them.
  • No chance of getting your heart broken.

Cons:
  • No way to know if you missed finding your soul mate.
  • Get annoyed more easily by girls who want to flirt with you.

I listed the pros and cons for staying single, who's willing to debate the dating side?

Dating is better because it can lead to marriage which leads to being fruitful and multiplying in a godly manner. :)

Cons :

Women drive you crazy! :suicide:

Pros :

They* are worth it though. :love:

Note :

They = a small percentage of them.

Staying single means that you get too much attention and women think that you're gay. You get no late-night recreation that you don't pay for.

Dating means that you get to choose when and how much you want to see women. You get occasional late-night recreation but it's very rare because most women will only do that with someone who's looking for a relationship.

Relationships mean that you have to give and get too much attention and women know that you're emasculated. They cost more and you get a load of drama and jealousy. You don't sleep enough because you're practicing making babies so much.

There's middle ground between never looking at people you'd mate with and having a live-in partner, you know.

[*]Guys will trust you with their girlfriends, knowing you don't want to date them.

I dare not speak for all, but I would say the opposite - a single guy would be more likely to try something with my SO than one who is dating someone. Not that that has ever been even remotely close to being an issue for me.

Pros:

1. Have a soul mate
2. Have someone to share my story everyday with.
3. Have someone that I can give my best to and make her happy so that in the process I am happy if she is happy.

Cons:

1. I have romantic dance with different girls every time I go to clubs, If I have a girlfriend I would not have this freedom anymore

Dating is good. You get companionship. You might get a more serious relationship and kids too.

Just protect your Routing Number.
Spoiler :

Married folks live longer.

Boo-ya
Not true. People who stay married live longer. People who end up divorced and alone... I don't have the data but I'd guess they don't live longer than single people (though it would depend on how long they'd been divorced).

Not true. People who stay married live longer. People who end up divorced and alone... I don't have the data but I'd guess they don't live longer than single people (though it would depend on how long they'd been divorced).

I'm pretty sure people who are divorced and stay single don't count as "married folks"

Dating\marriage is much better, yes you spend more money, yes you don't have as much free time but you have someone to share your life with. Someone to go home to every night and and someone to wake up next to and face the world.

It seriously depends on the benefits you personally get from either. Some people should stay single if it helps them study and better themselves in the short time. Some people should date if they need the experience or if they read too much philosophy.

yeah.. dating does drive people crazy. But at least you can say you did something other than I played with my Wii.

I'm pretty sure people who are divorced and stay single don't count as "married folks"
My point was that "getting married" is not necessarily going to increase your probability of a long life (since the majority of marriages end in divorce... well, not sure about in Canada actually) and so I don't think WhiteEagle should base whether to date or not on such data. IMO, what JerichoHill presented may be a good reason to stay* married but not a good reason to get married ("I read men who marry live slightly longer, lets tie the knot baby! :cool:!".

*unless you're in a bad marriage, which IIRC, kills you faster than any other state of marital relations.

Top Bottom