The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

One time I played Mali. In 1300AD I found out I failed the 1st UHV condition, demographics said that Greece had the most money. So I WB'ed a Great Spy and took a look. Guess what:
Spoiler :

:sad:

I see your 9485 gold and raise you a further 55,590. :(

Spoiler :

Not sure how I was supposed to catch them, to be honest.

Attachments

• WTF Byzantium Gold.jpg
    WTF Byzantium Gold.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,147
And I thought 9485 was a great amount, until I see yours. Not sure how they could hoard up all that money.

It is a bug, it was present in the original RFC and has been plaguing the game since.

Netherlands capitulating to Indonesia.

Spoiler :

Question: Do vassals give that +4 stability bonus when switching to Viceroyalty after vassalizing them?

Look at this picture.

Spoiler :

How did that happen? It must be a Babylon collapse because independents don't just go out and conquer people. But how could a collapse happen that early?

Jerusalem probably got them early on.

There's the Oracle in Babylon (so I can't build it again) just to confuse me more. So I guess the Babylonians were busy building the Oracle while the sneaky independents attacked.

It's strange to see them collapse with no obvious reason. Persia (me) just spawned.

Vikings/Sweden in Constantinople.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0129.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0129.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 529
^That screenie has even more 'OMG's in it.
The English and Dutch are on steroids, but that's pretty normal, I think. Less normal is Mongol empire (including Russia) at 1775 AD. And Leoreth, you definitely need to do something about everyone crushing France ;)

Leoreth, you definitely need to do something about everyone crushing France ;)
I think it's mainly because Paris (and most of France, really) has virtually no Production.

In my games AI France always have very good tech lead, but their army is always too small compared to Germany or Spain since they invest their already small Production into Wonders and Culture buildings for their UHVs.

Spain by contrast is short on Food, but they're helped by their awesome Conquistadors (both the UU and the mechanism).

Germany is great in Food and Production, and is *supposed* to lack Trade. But it doesn't really matter since they can get money and tech by beating everybody into a pulp.

RFC itself is based on CivFanatics so that would be a step in the wrong direction imo. These technical difficulties are fairly new, I hope they will be fixed soon.

On France, they definitely could use a lower unit production cost modifier. France's major problem is Germany imo, and I hope they'll do better anyway when facing a HRE with weaker modifiers instead of Germany.

Personally, I would love to see an AI France that duplicates the Napoleonic Empire. Still have yet to see that happen, though.

Agreed. It usually happens when Germany collapses, but that's rare enough in itself. Again, the HRE can probably get a different treatment stability wise than Germany.

Top Bottom