The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

WTF! Lucky you!

Kind of, but it happened in the wrong game... I was going for the UHV, which I won seven turns later, and did not need that extra commerce or happiness at all ;)

Spoiler :
London wants to return to their motherland, when I founded it!

Is that Korean conquerors I spot?

Spoiler :

Didn't expect to see you here.
(They also founded cities in Aethiopia and Arabia later on. Toku had clearly not enough to do on Honshu.)

Spoiler :

I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near the Mongols :twitch: (Check the city list. And the date.)

Spoiler :

I know you want that gold source, but you also have to send a settler there...

Spoiler :

No, Willem, it's Great Merchants, not Engineers.

Spoiler :

Why do those two cities have 4 food in their central tile?

For the same reason why the cottages have :)

Is that someone in Iceland?

India in Israel.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0125.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0125.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 434
Just had an oddly historical America start.

It begins with Napoleon offering a military alliance with the American revolutionaries:
Spoiler :

The same French, by the way, hold Louisiana already:
Spoiler :

... and Napoleon's been busy in Europe, too. He shares a border with Russia now :mischief:
Spoiler :

Though Ireland is independent, Britain has an appropriate city placement and some Redcoats ready to intervene on the continent:
Spoiler :

One of the games where the East India Company has actually been successful, in their historical area to boot. The French are also there, as well as the Marathas:
Spoiler :

Historical rivalry between Iran and the Ottomans:
Spoiler :

France also holds North Africa:
Spoiler :

Also, I've rarely seen Mali collapse by then (forgot to take a screenshot).

^Those are quite accurate borders for Tang Dynasty & Goguryeo in East Asia,
both of which haven't seemed to have died out in your game.
Tang China even appears to still have Transoxiana,
which historically was lost at least a millennium before your current time period.

Had a rather 'interesting' encounter with the Mongols as the Germans.

The Ilkhanate got a bit bloated and absorbed most of the Mashreq and Levant. This left them with a continuous empire from the borders of Korea to those of Egypt, which is pretty ridiculously awesome.

They also managed to stomp Russia in the nards in no more than one turn, leaving me to nervously stack troops in Kiev. Luckily, the Mongols (for the next two-hundred years in which they survived) didn't attack me, and in fact provided me with contact and trade with China and Korea.

One time I played Mali. In 1300AD I found out I failed the 1st UHV condition, demographics said that Greece had the most money. So I WB'ed a Great Spy and took a look. Guess what:
Spoiler :

:sad:

There you go. Independent conquerors.

Spoiler :

I wonder if someday they will win a victory.

Yes they do. But they are much weaker than normal conquerors. Maybe it's because they inherited caravels but do not have tech for knights and cannons?

I've never seen this before.

I was looking around in the WB when this guy caught my eye. What is he doing??? Building an underground bunker?!

Or maybe this is actually RFC:DoC:THE MUMMY RETURNS and he's trying to animate the dead... the area and dates are pretty correct for it (it is about 1925)

(the weirdest part is that he is in between tiles at the junction of 4!

Attachments

• weird.jpg
    weird.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 577
From 2 different games.

1) Wonderful AI's Angkor. Never encountered it anymore..

2) A technological breakthrough that even the modern nation now can't reproduce ;)

Top Bottom