The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Like one between Mali and other Islamic civs.
Exactly. The Trans-Saharan Trade.

Currently Mali is mostly about Cottage spam and leveraging their UP (aside from the Spiral Minaret gambit). I'd much rather see them as more Trade oriented - as they were historically.

They could also use a new and bolstered UP. For example they could start with Free Market.

The problem with a road in Africa is that the barbs will just come and burn it.

No, barbs don't pillage outside cultural borders.

I don't have a screen by in my last game somehow Hinduism spread into independent Rom before 1500, it was kind of wtf, but i appreciate it, because i could build Hinduism wonders :)

I don't have a screen by in my last game somehow Hinduism spread into independent Rom before 1500, it was kind of wtf, but i appreciate it, because i could build Hinduism wonders :)

That happens quite often. Hinduism, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism are frequent visitors there.

Arabia really needs some nerfing:

I guess this really tells us more about the english AI...

The English aren't even able to take down Dublin when it's defended by warriors, so I don't see how they could defeat a ferocious lion.

And how did Arabia stay that stable? In my games, they always collapse when the Mongols/Seljuks come around.

And how did Arabia stay that stable? In my games, they always collapse when the Mongols/Seljuks come around.
Notice the Colossus in the Gulf of Suez?

It must be a super wonder spam Egypt that later got flipped by Arabia.

Damn. I wish I'd have played as that Arabia.

Arabia really needs some nerfing:

I guess this really tells us more about the english AI...

Most of the time the Arabs just die under Seljuk attack and Egypt respawn, and they are not even 1st in score in your game, I don't see why they need any nerfing.

England on the other hand, if is not really crippled by Viking attack early on, will see a rapid development after it beelines Economics. The Trading Company will give them control of the Indian subcontinent, and the Free Market civic is really going to make them the tech leader for quite a long time. (Although in my one game as Russia, British Raj was the tech leader at a time, followed by Great Britain. Quite rare to see a vassal being more technologically advanced than its master.)

Edit: And I don't see Prussia in your screenshot. Is Russia Orthodox?

Most of the time the Arabs just die under Seljuk attack and Egypt respawn, and they are not even 1st in score in your game, I don't see why they need any nerfing.

Dude they completed the Manhattan Project in 1799...

Rhye made the Arabs beeline Fission for whatever reason, I think this needs to be rectified.

The Arabs are quite advanced in tech indeed, but most of the time they just die very soon. I personally have never seen Arabia survive that long. So maybe some nerf on its tech rate is in order, in case of the rare occasion that they do survive.

Edit: They are only 2nd in score so I guess it wouldn't matter that much.

I was going to take a screenshot of 11 people online together at DoC forum but alas, too late --"

It was an OMG, imo. I never seen so many simultaneously...

Spoiler :

=

Spoiler :

?

By the way, the first picture is one from Odoacer, the German who deposed the last Roman emperor. Apparently he was Genghis' idol :lol:

Did you not settle your capital at Sur?

Edit: We have Orthodox France again! Was Orthodoxy founded in Paris?

Top Bottom