1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Looks like you have to choose either represent Ethiopia as Aksumite kingdom or as the modern Ethiopia :)

Trying to combine both is pretty tedious, IMO.

2. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Spoiler :

How did an Indian revolt happen in Nanjing?

3. I3aizey

I3aizey Chieftain

Here comes my OMG's
    also to all you aint looking in the corner i played as Romans :)
    First; Vikings trying to raid in the 19'th century??
    Spoiler :

Second; Incas planing on invading the middel east :O?... and they actually went on and invaded Masquat xD
    Spoiler :

Third; Ireland, been Viking trought the ENTIRE game :D (and england/vikings has had alot of wars)
    Spoiler :

Fourth; Kingdom of Denmark-Norway... where Denmark is part of german xD
    Spoiler :

Last; Never seen new zealand being colonist... and even by the french xD
    Spoiler :

also something i sadly aint got a photo of, First World War! breaking out in 1906, dang close to the real one. Italy(me), Germany(my vassel), Spain (vassels: inca and indonesia), England (vassels: USA, France and i think mughal) Versus Russia (vassels: Turkey and Iran) China(vassels:?) and Japan (pretty darn weak nation in my game) :3
    worst part is that it all started with japan going in war against me... and we were buddies :( (kinda, we had like +2 in relation)

Ekstra stuff, so i made a new world after playing the roman to the end. I choose Netherlands and when i finaly popped up at 1500... "where teh heck are germany??"
    WB inlighted me :3... Germany got pwned by Eastern Roman Empire, vikings helped them. also inca got pwned by barbarians, turks has 1 single town in russia and both france and spain got colonize... the last one idk if its special? just pretty darn early.
    but on the light side, France has done crusade on sur and done history a favor :D
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

4. BenZL43

A medieval infrastructure that even the most sophisticated civilization now unable to replicate

Looks like the Chinese have found where Nirvana is. The terrain make it looks like you're walking in the clouds, isn't it? :goodjob:

5. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

Spoiler :

:lol: That is a pretty great shot.

Spoiler :

Not so OMG, but furthermore, why on earth would you send one of your starting exploring Warriors east?
    You're in a prime position to grab almost every hut if you send 2-3 guys fanning out across the west.

6. BenZL43

Because I had seen via WB that almost every hut in the West but Africa is already taken by Greek :(
    And, I was curious what is in the east :p

7. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Germany, 3000 BC start.

Uh, interesting new way of representing the Mamluk Sultanate, I guess? And what is the Spiral Minaret doing in Tell-Hisn :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Europe is also looking a bit weird. Nothing unusual, but it's just a lot of not completely normal things stacked together. Viking Dublin, France controlling a vertical patch of ground in Eastern Europe, Vikings deciding they should not expand into the north of their peninsula, strange English city placement, Russian Turkey, Austrian Greece, Spanish Italy.

Attached Files:

8. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

^ The Viking AI now has the strange and nasty habit of founding Malmo instead of expanding towards the northern half of Scandinavia. This drags both Viking and Germany down. It gets even worse when they both convert to Protestantism but still remain at war against each other (and the rest of Europe).

Seriously, while Ragnar was one of my favorite AIs before, now I just want sock him in his stupid face every time I see him.

Leoreth, you may want to edit out the Temple of Solomon in the 600 CE start, or:

9. morff

morff Chieftain

I agree the Vikings for some reason doesn't go for north Scandinavia very often, leaving for example space for Lulea (good city if the crazy ai doesn't remove "all" forests) - which can by easily "exploited" by Germany or Russia. Also i have this feeling in case i build Lulea as Germany (not really making sense now with UHV changes in SVN), Ragnar almost never declare war.

10. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

That's the Hanging Gardens.

11. OrcWarrior

OrcWarrior Chieftain

Vikings had a good idea of expanding into Italy and the Balkans, instead of the rest of Scandinavia :rolleyes:

12. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

For some people the screenshots shows way way way nicer terrain graphics. My settings are turned to max detail yet mine looks nothing like that - what mod are you folks using?

13. iOnlySignIn

iOnlySignIn Prince$s

14. FirstThunder

FirstThunder Chieftain

@killerkebab: that would be the blue marble terrain graphics, just look in the first post of the main thread

15. OrcWarrior

OrcWarrior Chieftain

Also do you guys know how I can make my screenshots less blurry? When I do FN+PRTSC the image looks a little blurry when I paste it to paint and save it.

16. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

You know you can get them in a folder?

17. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Print screen already saves your screenshots in My Games\Beyond the Sword\Screenshots.

18. BenZL43

Dear deer, thirsty?

OMG! The ninjas float the silk weavers!

So, they built temples inside the pig's territory...

Umm.. where's Moscow?

19. OrcWarrior

OrcWarrior Chieftain

The holy romans must of attacked them and decided to raze moscow? :confused:
    And also, where is Constantinople?

20. Sarius1997

Sarius1997 Chieftain

I think its a 3000 BC start, and the barbarians have razed Constantinople.