The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Did you not settle your capital at Sur?

Edit: We have Orthodox France again! Was Orthodoxy founded in Paris?

Nope, I didn't feel like having to fight off the Persians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabians, Seljuks and Turks :lol:
My capital is on Crete. It wanted to flip a few times, but I just refused and the AI failed to take the island city.

And yup, Orthodoxy founded in Paris. It's a bug, I already reported it.

By the way, Carthaginian UP + GLighthouse + Carthaginian UB + Free Market + San Marco Basilica + Trading company is a LOT of trade route income :D I got Electricity in 1600 AD.
Is this me or is the trade route amount capped at 8? Because if you count carefully, Carthage should have 12 TRs, but it only had 8...

By the way, Carthaginian UP + GLighthouse + Carthaginian UB + Free Market + San Marco Basilica + Trading company is a LOT of trade route income :D I got Electricity in 1600 AD.
Is this me or is the trade route amount capped at 8? Because if you count carefully, Carthage should have 12 TRs, but it only had 8...

Basic + Currency + UB (what's its name?) + Corporation + Free Market + San Marco Basilica + Trading Company= 1+1+1+1+1+2+3=10. GLH will be obsolete when you get Corporation, if you don't, you should get 11 trade routes. I don't really know if there's a cap or not.

You only need Economics for the TC, so I should have had 11 trade routes, but only had 8.

Nope, I didn't feel like having to fight off the Persians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabians, Seljuks and Turks :lol:
My capital is on Crete. It wanted to flip a few times, but I just refused and the AI failed to take the island city.

And yup, Orthodoxy founded in Paris. It's a bug, I already reported it.

There is a cap and it is apparently a PITA to change

rofl
Looks like Mansa had urge to add more cities when exploring new routes in the Russian while coming back from Mecca :p

Well, uh, you can wonderspam everywhere, I guess :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0547.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0547.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 841
I'm talking about the Pantheon and the Great Library, not the palace :p

I'm talking about the Pantheon and the Great Library, not the palace :p
1 Horse, 1 Copper, 3 Flood Plains, 5 Hills, Coastal. It's as good a Wonder spam city as any!

:crazyeye:

Not to mention 1 Gold + 1 Incense. Inform Leoreth. We have discovered the African version of Amiens.

1 Horse, 1 Copper, 3 Flood Plains, 5 Hills, Coastal. It's as good a Wonder spam city as any!

:crazyeye:

Not to mention 1 Gold + 1 Incense. Inform Leoreth. We have discovered the African version of Amiens.
You mean people didn't know about that location earlier?

It lacks food. I used to settle 1N of Aksum in previous versions but now it's always in Egyptian border.

I tried to play Ethiopia once.

To tell the god honest truth, I couldn't stomach it.

Not because the gameplay was boring but
because their border colors are quite vomit-inducing.

I've played Ethiopia quite a few times, though only finished once on Viceroy (1910 is too late in game). I settle cities according to the food resources. They lack food and commerce (trade is ok, usually I can get the GLH and build only coastal cities, but there's no place to cottage), and have to deal with constant barbarian-native harassment with no countering units (before finally getting the iron in South Africa). But the problem is really the historical goal: no European colonies in East and Subequatorial Africa. To achieve the goal, you'd need to settle cities along the coast and build up some culture to cover all the tiles that could attract settlement, and the majority of these areas are out of Ethiopia's historical border, which results in significant stability penalty (since their economy sucks). It's kind of dumb to play past 1500 AD since there's nothing much to do than to wait until 1910 AD. It's just like playing Indonesia at the end, even worse is that you don't have the stability to expand to NA. Maybe a collapse will solve the problem, but rebuilding the cities would be a drain on their already bad economy.

I've played Ethiopia quite a few times, though only finished once on Viceroy (1910 is too late in game). I settle cities according to the food resources. They lack food and commerce (trade is ok, usually I can get the GLH and build only coastal cities, but there's no place to cottage), and have to deal with constant barbarian-native harassment with no countering units (before finally getting the iron in South Africa). But the problem is really the historical goal: no European colonies in East and Subequatorial Africa. To achieve the goal, you'd need to settle cities along the coast and build up some culture to cover all the tiles that could attract settlement, and the majority of these areas are out of Ethiopia's historical border, which results in significant stability penalty (since their economy sucks). It's kind of dumb to play past 1500 AD since there's nothing much to do than to wait until 1910 AD. It's just like playing Indonesia at the end, even worse is that you don't have the stability to expand to NA. Maybe a collapse will solve the problem, but rebuilding the cities would be a drain on their already bad economy.
AFAIK the rules on stability have been updated, only the first 21 tiles of a city can count against you.

Yes, I guess their stability would suffer less now, assuming the change is really working.

Ethiopia would be a good opportunity to test that.

Top Bottom