The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Yeah, Buddhism is not guaranteed to have been founded by the time Korea or even Japan spawn. (I've had a start as Japan where I was Buddhist before it was founded. I think I didn't get a starting missionary, only my state religion was set, and I reverted to Shinto since one never gets to play as Shinto Japan.)

There is a mechanic in DoC where, even if you get the tech for it, you cannot found a religion if you don't own a city in its core.
Now, i wanna ask something: Why does Islam's core extends all the way to Dunhuang ????

There is a mechanic in DoC where, even if you get the tech for it, you cannot found a religion if you don't own a city in its core.
Now, i wanna ask something: Why does Islam's core extends all the way to Dunhuang ????

Isn't what you call the "core" area simply the area in which the religion spreads automatically if founded? Either way, Dunhuang should have an Islamic presence, but having it being the holy city is a bit much, gotta agree :lol:

In my Mayan game Rebublic of Rhomania never collapsed
Civ4ScreenShot0139.JPG

Germans were also doing quite well.
Civ4ScreenShot0140.JPG

My capital, Lakamha: Civ4ScreenShot0141.JPG

A few months ago when I was thinking about changing the Yucatan peninsula, I was considering removing the rainforest and adding a source of stones, I decided against it and placed the stone elsewhere. This has convinced me that my original idea was for the best.

Khmers in Central America is a new one for me

Attachments

• 29343018_605806246451223_3565745955821060096_o.jpg
    29343018_605806246451223_3565745955821060096_o.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 320
Back in the old days, it sometimes happened that Greece or another Classical Mediterranean civilization would discover Mathematics before China, and thus found Confucianism. Now, of course, religions can only be founded in their native area, and Confucian Greece or Rome are a thing of the past.

Or so I thought.
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0037.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0038.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0039.JPG

I'm not sure how they managed to spread the wisdom of Confucius across the Mediterranean—probably an event, or maybe a Great Prophet.

Last edited:
But Luoyang is the holy city. So it's more likely that China founded it and then it spread to Z<worker standing there so I can't see the full name>du.

My guess is that the Greeks were exploring, found a poorly defended (and possibly Barbarian) Zhongdu, captured it, and immediately converted since it was their first city with a religion. Then maybe they got the event where you get to spread your state religion to some of your cities and some of a neighboring civ's cities.

I think religions tend to spread quickly on your cities when it's your state religion

My poor Himalayan sheepfold is about to be wrecked.

Kushan Asvakas? Really? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aśvaka - "As-" is for assa (horse)). And yes, they come in fours.

The creme of the jest is that I called the city that the sheepfold serves (you can see a rooftop at bottom right) Bucephala. I thought it was safe - tucked away in the back end of nowhere, with impassable peaks to the north, friendly India to the east and Alexandreia Arachoton defending the passes to the west.

Kushan Asvaka.jpg

I think religions tend to spread quickly on your cities when it's your state religion
Pfft, I wish. In my current Russia game I had to constantly navigate around the 3 Missionaries limit in order to get Orthodoxy to the farthest reaches of Siberia.

Religion spread is largely driven by distance to cities that already have the religion. So if your Siberian cities are spread far apart, it will take additional time for religions to naturally spread there.

Huh, good to know. That might explain why it didn't spread naturally at all at first but after I sent missionaries to spread out central Siberian cities with good production some cities in their vicinity did get it naturally.

Top Bottom