The very many questions-not-worth-their-own-thread question thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on how you draw mammary-endowed Thor, it might just be an attempt to keep the interest of the core audience.

I thought that too, but I thought there was always a large-breasted sidekick hovering around, amirite?

Yes. But this one goes to 11.

And speaking about such delicate issues, Marvel want to make Thor (their own cheap comic-book version) be a woman. Is that political correctness Gone Wild, or just a shameless attempt to make girls buy their comics?

I don't know, but regardless, I've found gender-flipping characters to be a very interesting intellectual exercise. Makes you think about gender roles or the characters' personalities or whatever a lot.

Rule 63 and all thwt.

Somebody counted, and Thor has been a women like six times already. It's just that in all previous instances it was temporary- either Thor was transformed into a woman by majicks or a woman was assumed Thor's role for a bit- so people could put it into their mental "Doesn't Count" box.

What I don't get about it is that I thought Thor was his name and not some kind of specific title assigned to whoever wielded the hammer. I have no objection to having a strong female superhero protagonist in a Viking mythological setting, but it's a bit confusing to name her Thor.

At least the lady Thor above was wearing full upper-body armor and not a chainmail bikini. Could use some poleyns or greaves, though.

And speaking about such delicate issues, Marvel want to make Thor (their own cheap comic-book version) be a woman. Is that political correctness Gone Wild, or just a shameless attempt to make girls buy their comics?

Their target market is still horndogs. We'll talk political correctness when a heroine is flat chested and not a pre-teen.

FWIW, I would happily be her little Midgard plaything.

Deuteronomy 7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God. 26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Well... thing is, she's really just a grey alien with incredible holographics, so no need to go all biblical on her. ;)

Say hi, Thor!

You put out several comic books a month for umpteen years, your writers run out of ideas. And so do something new. In other news, the new Captain America is going to be black. :p

Well, yes, but then Captain America's always been whatever skin colour the President was at the time.

what kind of self-respecting 45 year old parents do not listen to hall and oates?

Hail is bad for oats. Hope your crop insurance is adequate.

Well, yes, but then Captain America's always been whatever skin colour the President was at the time.

That's not saying much. He's also always been the same sex as the serving President.

Exactly! Captain America is about who is captaining 'Merica.

Do Americans actually clap and cheer when they go to the cinema? Quite often when I'm reading film reviews I see things like "the whole theatre erupted in cheers!" or "we all clapped at the ending credits." ...what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom