• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

The World Turned Upside Down

@ you!!!!
Aggg! Just sent orders!

EQ? 1 Public to Italy there, the olympics shall wait. THIS IS A LOAN DO YOU HEAR ME? (total:3)

You can't spend Public Spending or send it to others. It's Public, meaning its internal for your own people, so you can only use it for internal projects and such (Welfare, Social Security, that kinda stuff.)

You can't spend Public Spending or send it to others. It's Public, meaning its internal for your own people, so you can only use it for internal projects and such (Welfare, Social Security, that kinda stuff.)

Lurker's Comment: Well, you could technically shift it and send it over...

But the way Charles worded it is the key. He said to use Public not to switch it over to private/military and use it. Way two different things.

Dublin wouldnt mind hosting the games... Nice and radiation free over here :D

Actually, I will allow the using of Public Spending to help rebuild Europe as a task like that would likely not fall under Military Spending. However be warned, if you're not in Europe, of the consequences of raising taxes (admittedly though that could be avoided with the great press of helping the Europeans out.)

Also this is the 12ish hour warning until the update.

Orders coming soonish!

EDIT:
Orders of Epic proportions sent!!!

Actually, I will allow the using of Public Spending to help rebuild Europe as a task like that would likely not fall under Military Spending. However be warned, if you're not in Europe, of the consequences of raising taxes (admittedly though that could be avoided with the great press of helping the Europeans out.)

How is using the IC you currently have only putting more into the public budget raising taxes?

Shifting from Private Enterprise to anything else qualifies as nationalization, raising taxes, and so forth. Those things occasionally make people unhappy in some nations.

Great to have word-of-god confirmation on what I've been believing for so long. There is much sense (at least for the setting) in this ruleset, IMHO.

I will now blather on about my opinions. I am entitled to them and I don't want to change anything. ;)

I really don't think Private IC should be usable in research (as I've said so many pages ago), nor should primarily historically private-done technologies be attainable through research (I'ven't been keeping track of this NES's tech tree, though, but I've seen the tech sets of other variation-NESes), but I think civilian technology should be tackled by trading bloc -- a network of nations trading (in a completely free market world, that would be everyone).

That is to say, a nation with high private IC should be the civilian tech leader of a trading bloc (except those with specific controls on technologies and high-tech items, or with generally high protectionism etc), while the others lag behind but not by much and the total ICs of everyone determining the general tech level of the trading bloc. Of course, this would only apply not only to free market trading blocs, but to communist trading blocs as well; just replace "private enterprise" with "public spending" (but just the public spending that's not directed to some great project; the "general-use," unspent public spending).

Blah blah blah, and blah blah blah. :crazyeye:

orders being written up now.

and h-s, its a go.

Orders shall be sent in 1 hour.

I hope that I wasn't misled by certain people.

EDIT: Orders Sent. We'll see how this goes- eh?

Orders are being written as I type this.

EDIT: They are sent!

You wouldn't be planning what I think you are planning would you be?

Well seeing as I dont know what you think we are planning I would not be able to say.

Perhaps steps to bring Africa closer together?

We are in an alliance what more do we need?

Roads, economic pact, A WAR, ect...

Top Bottom