Toilet lid.

Toilet lid, not in use, should be

• Total voters
I wonder if people living in super clean environments have a weaker immune response. Someone call our resident experts to weigh in.

It's possible I suppose. But then the logical corollary would be that we should all live in the sewers.

Worried about cholera? That's just being OCD about hygiene, my friend.

I think there's a middle ground between germ counting and living in sewers. Maybe I'm just lucky with my own immune system. Flu waves seem to pass me by, year after year.

No. Those are the only two options, I'm afraid: sewers or total sterility.

Now that sounds like another Young Adult dystopian novel.

Boomshakalaka.

Near as I can tell, the world is coated in a fine mist of feces. Mine and otherwise. I breathe it and eat it and lick it and love it. So long as I don't actively bite off chunks of it, things work out fine. Now, this bothers some people. And they very much attempt to rectalfy the situation. What they seem to mostly accomplish is increasing the risk that the next generation is going to be allergic to everything.
:thumbsup:

What about all of the household cleaning chemicals you're spraying everywhere? That stuff's actually toxic, yet people are more concerned about poop molecules escaping the toilet.
Exactly. I'd rather my own poop molecules than all those other terrible poisons floating about my house. Pesticides, herbicides, cleaning chemicals, air fresheners, etc. are all much worse. You cannot escape germs.

Have any of you lid-up people ever dropped something in the toilet that you didn't want to put in the toilet?

:thumbsup:

Exactly. I'd rather my own poop molecules than all those other terrible poisons floating about my house. Pesticides, herbicides, cleaning chemicals, air fresheners, etc. are all much worse. You cannot escape germs.

It is possible to limit both...and convincing people not to spray disinfectants around is usually easier when you keep the toilet from spraying the poop around...by closing the lid.

Besides, what else is it for?

I sit on it to put my socks on in the morning.

Have you lid down people ever dropped anything on the lid that you intended to drop in the toilet?

I will admit that back in my drinking days I was a lid and seat in their upright position guy...just in case I had an urgent offering for the porcelain goddess and no time for fumbling.

I will admit that back in my drinking days I was a lid and seat in their upright position guy...just in case I had an urgent offering for the porcelain goddess and no time for fumbling.

Man you must have been a pretty sloppy drunk.

I've never had that problem and I've taken my fair share of pilgrimages.

Man you must have been a pretty sloppy drunk.

I've never had that problem and I've taken my fair share of pilgrimages.

I never had that problem because I planned ahead. Whether I would have had that problem without planning ahead we will never know.

I never had that problem because I planned ahead. Whether I would have had that problem without planning ahead we will never know.

And what, pray, is wrong with spewing all over a toilet lid in the down position?

A real aficionado of projectile vomiting can cheerfully pebble-dash six - or seven - neighbouring houses, both inside and out.

Have any of you lid-up people ever dropped something in the toilet that you didn't want to put in the toilet?

I have a small child in the house so it's usually down. My checkbook fell out of my back pocket as I was standing up the couple months ago. I didn't particularly want it in there.

As a small boy, I dropped a shiny sixpence down the toilet immediately after having taken a dump. (No, not deliberately, I hasten to add.)

I remember debating with myself whether or not to delve amongst the turds for my pocket money.

Spoiler :
I decided to flush the toilet - sorrowfully accepting that I would never be in possession of that particular sixpence again.

Spoiler :
Gravity being what it is, though, my sixpence remained in the pan - not content to join its erstwhile turdy brethren in their subterranean adventures.

I retrieved my sixpence. What joy! And all the better for being unexpected.

Ill put it down in principal if not always in practice. But do people who close the lid to flush then open the lid to check the, ahh, effectiveness of the flush and then put it back down again? Are the plume fearers leaving skids on the bowl? Since there is basically no chance of significant plume on the micro wee-flush, and nothing awful to plume, that seems a non-issue to me. For more anything requiring the big flush button I like to check the hygiene of the bowl and then, probably, put the lid down.

Whatever the position of the lid is trivial compared to a failure to utilise the loobrush if it was required.

Top Bottom