[RD] Toronto van attack

Yes, trap is a term they (and other groups) use for transgender people (and especially trans women), since, as many people see it, 1)we are still men and 2)we make ourselves look like women to trap them in to having sex with men and thus further destroy their masculinity.

So in order for a trans female to be a "trap" they'd have to actually pass as female.

Well... i suppose it would be easier if they'd just tell the other person that they were born male/biologically male. I mean no one likes finding this sort of thing in the last possible moment ^_^

Believe me, coming out is never a simple solution.

For some reason, my first association was a voice of ambushed battlecruiser in SC2: "It's a trap!" :)

Yes, trap is a term they (and other groups) use for transgender people (and especially trans women), since, as many people see it, 1)we are still men and 2)we make ourselves look like women to trap them in to having sex with men and thus further destroy their masculinity.
But yeah, the idea that people would change their gender to destroy someone else's "masculinity" is beyond crazy.

And we may put ourselves in actual danger if we do tell. There's a very damned if you do, damned if you don't, nature to telling people you're trans.

And even in non-sexual relations, people who are trans have not received much of the benefit of the acceptance of gay and lesbian individuals in society. I used to work in a very progressive environment with at least one person who is trans and it was somewhat common to hear people (who did not know the person) talk derogatorily about the 'tranny' even though they wouldn't talk that way about their gay/lesbian coworkers.

People talk in derogatory way about others without there being the added element of being trans, so that isn't surprising at all. People can be very cruel, as i am sure everyone knows.
Obviously it is going to be a lot harder for anyone who is trans.

Hm. Well, that was interesting.
I do wonder just why no girl approached him, though. Obviously his views were crazy, but it's not like that has tended to keep girls from approaching other guys. Maybe he just came across as way too creepy and others thought he was looking down on them (he was; but apparently not 'hot girls').
Anyway, a sad story, with a violent ending.

Rodgers had a history of anti-social behaviour. He wasn't a normal guy who just snapped, he was a violently paranoid weirdo. Is it hard to believe that women might have picked up those vibes?

Yes, i suppose so. It is just sad that he couldn't identify that the issue was the 'vibe' he had, being so busy theorizing other reasons. A very sad story.

Hm. Well, that was interesting.
I do wonder just why no girl approached him, though. Obviously his views were crazy, but it's not like that has tended to keep girls from approaching other guys. Maybe he just came across as way too creepy and others thought he was looking down on them (he was; but apparently not 'hot girls').
Anyway, a sad story, with a violent ending.

As mentioned above he was pretty crazy. Women tend to pick up on that. If you are anything outside of normal, it's extremely hard to find any date. I know this first hand as I'm outside of normal and I make no attempt to fit in.

That said I have huge problems with this INCEL movement. The involuntary thing is bullcrap. (can't say the other word). They just don't want to put forth the effort. People who are entitled think they are owed something and don't have to put forth any effort to get anything in life. Even in case of myself, even though I'm currently celibate, it's not involuntary. I'm just not motivated to find anyone and I'm still in love with my ex. I have like 0 motivation. I'd rather play computer games. If someone tells you they are Incel, I wouldn't believe them. The guy above may be an exception. Women do tend to avoid crazy people who would put them or their kids life in danger. Doesn't always work since women like to gravitate towards gang bangers. Gang bangers are a little different in that while they are violent, they are seen as normal in poor neighborhoods.

Yeah some of us went well into our 30's. Not that that's me or anything. I'm just speaking of a friend.

Yes, it is true, of course, that one can very easily stand out - without picking it up at all - due to body language/being overly anxious etc.
I was mostly surprised that - apparently - there wasn't even one case of a girl approaching him. I mean, in my case, despite being very awkward in the university years, i still had girls hitting on me.
Maybe he just was behaving in so weird and threatening a manner, that it was impossible.

I mean, in my case, despite being very awkward in the university years, i still had girls hitting on me.
Guess you weren't awkward enough. Girls usually just expect to be approached or approach in a subtle way, so that some guys don't recognize it or cannot believe somebody is attracted to them.
I had a few situations at the university when a girl was expecting me to take initiative, but this only developed into a friendly conversation because I didn't know what to do.

There's a subtle difference between being awkward and being vaguely threatening as well. Rodgers was at his peak radicalization in that video, of course, but women learn quickly how to detect 'predators' since they often have no realistic defense against them. The latest Incel attack (yay, another one!) had a woman who rejected the attacker several times and got murdered for it.

If you exist solely in your own world, and your world revolves around a conspiracy against you, it's not surprising if you have no luck on the romance front.

Guess you weren't awkward enough. Girls usually just expect to be approached or approach in a subtle way, so that some guys don't recognize it or cannot believe somebody is attracted to them.
I had a few situations at the university when a girl was expecting me to take initiative, but this only developed into a friendly conversation because I didn't know what to do.

Well, in my case, i was rather very non-subtly approached/hit upon*, in the first year at uni. But i still had doubts it was genuine, and had other issues.
That was England, though. Moreso... it was Essex ^_^

If one has psychological issues, often repressed, it often won't matter even if the girl offers herself to them. Still, that is very different from never being approached at all, as this Rodgers guy claims happened in his case, but yes, maybe he was behaving in a very hostile manner without realizing it. I was mostly closed to myself, and timid.

*I still regret what happened/what was lost. She was actually a very hot girl. :) In the end i broke it off, rather impolitely (due to various reasons; i was just 18 anyway), and she even chose to lose the course she had in common with me...

Last edited:
*I still regret what happened/what was lost. She was actually a very hot girl. :) In the end i broke it off, rather impolitely (due to various reasons; i was just 18 anyway), and she even chose to lose the course she had in common with me...
Yes, the biggest regrets are not about lack of opportunities, but about the very good ones which you managed to screw up.

Yes, the biggest regrets are not about lack of opportunities, but about the very good ones which you managed to screw up.

Indeed. Moreso at such an age. I do think that various things would have developed differently, if that affair had materialized. It surely would have helped massively.

Maybe when this life is repeated, i will take the other route ^_^

And we may put ourselves in actual danger if we do tell. There's a very damned if you do, damned if you don't, nature to telling people you're trans.

I think trans people have life tougher than most.

Years back I was horrified to hear a friend of a relative in a bar called a trans person 'it' as a gender pronoun and proclaimed even being touched on the shoulder would trigger an extremely violent assault.

That level of dehumanization is beyond sick.

This van killer is more of the same.
Thinks women are objects for pleasure and pedestrians getting mowed down is a good idea.

Once we get brain scan tech up to snuff, we should bolt down every male over the age of 14 to a chair, show them pictures of a diverse group of people, and make sure the part of their brain labeled "Human #&#%@!× Being" lights up every time.
If not, we can re-educate them until their brains work properly.

It should really cut down on the racists, bigots, sexists, nazis, and assorted mass murderers.

Top Bottom