Trouble in the Gulf: Ties to Qatar cut

Meanwhle in Syria...

Caliphate is collapsing.
Yep, in the coming months we can expect thousands of former Isis fighters to return to Europe, which for some bizarre reason does not treat them as traitors and terrorists.

no , you won't be expecting thousands . Ones or twos , maybe dozens , but they will all -perhaps slowly but surely change affiliation to Nusra , move themsleves to Idlip and form the core of an Arab insurgency in Turkey where they will be driven to in time .

and while the ambiguity goes on , the Russians offer a million different explanations to million people . Hard ? Why , in Turkey they all talk about the great future . In English speaking world they talk of it's just temporary and they don't want to break NATO and all that . Take Shangai trade thing . Turkey not joining it ? Voice of Russia im Turkey has an average of two segments to claim it's the best . It's only in strange parts that they swear on the Kuran that they will field S-500s before they sent 400s here and it's not that they , too , are supporting the Counter-Revolution . It's extremely concise , if you will ...

spoiler : the entire post of 22th September 2017 brought here due to space limitations .

Spoiler :

this post will be simpler if one assumes for the duration of the post that

a) everybody knows what's happening in New Turkey but the numerically bigger component of the voter base loves the good life

b) where's no need for any qualification except loyalty to the Party

c) a situation that will go on forever , justified by a cultural racism that assumes the rest is condemned to "slavery" for eternity

d) the fake economy is fake and it's Qatar that makes the wheels turn by timely injection of funds , actually tiny amounts but Qatar does massive propaganda to that end for the last 4 or 5 years

e) hence they are future masters and the like ... So :

finally the greatest awesomest day is upon us , on Monday the North Iraqi bunch is to vote for independence ; Turkish stock market and all the experts expect awesomely smart Barzani postpone it , right today , right on the brink , but some guy has to pay something .

now that Kurdish region was the best of Iraq when America kept "order" in the country . Stability through no fighting and Iraqi oil proceeds flowing in , because America was selling and distributing it in "order" in the North because they all knew America was building the heaven on earth fr them , while to the South , meaning the rest of the country it was everyman for himself . This relates immensely to Qatar , because our heroic Qatari brothers somehow and very strangely they haven't yet paid our heroic Barzanist brothers ... Yeah , 2014 comes and with ISIL , the Kurds grab Iraqi oil and start selling it ; to Israel first naturally . You know , to keep themselves out of trouble . ISIL gets knocked out , practically and the Kurds are starving or something ! Not because the New Turkey has the mental agility to see Kurds could mimic Qatar and to use their hydrocarbon wealth to purchase leverage . No , Barzani sees his shiny uniforms running helter skelter in front of the beardies in Sincar , discovering his power is of the ice cream cone in the desert , if that comes to that . Barzani knows America created New Turkey to establish a Kurdish nation state , no New Turkey , no Barzaniland hence gives too big a percentage ; 'cause the Shia are worthless , the ISIL heroic and allies in the fall of Musul , Saudis and Qataris and all the rich Arabs just on the verge of getting into a full blown sectarian Armaggeddon with Iran and he will just walk in and claim more oil wells . Serves him all right , ı guess ...

ı must be really boring but it happens to be "true" . Qatar does not want to replace the Saudis as the "rulers" of the Arabs and Muslims and stuff , they would love to but the recent experience underlines America would not allow them hence Doha would be really content to rule whatever remains of this country . So they are like allies with the Kurds and why aren't they paying ? Like in everything America supposes them to share everything ...

such as the dumbing of the country but let's keep it spoilered . Not that it's a personal rant but it would become a wall of text .

Spoiler :

qataris and Barzanists are apparently not exactly aware of the extent of the genocidal affairs to take place against the Turkish "Race" and as such they keep playing in the mud , and stick to "reforms" to keep a rebellion down when they totally destroy the Republic of 1923 . And this is not some silly conspiracy theory . Barzanists plan to take so much of this country , Qatar is to run whatever remains and millions who are not expected to live in "proper" American planning would grumble so much . So , Qataris take the lead and Kurds are merely watching from the sides as the future of the youth is wrecked apart .

observing the Turkish scene these days is an health hazard , you would have a stroke if you were to read the whole spectrum of Turkish newspapers for a week ; ı intently avoid Part Media throughly . Leads to mistakes on part of people . If you were to ask any single guy randomly picked on the street the reason of the recent "reform" in the Education System and if he is really brave enough he would say the country wide tests prove Imam Hatips are not up to task and their graduates trail badly in scores and the PM abolishes country wide tests so that his programme to convert all schools to Imam hatips can go on . The single guy would be wrong . It's all about the Kurdish referandum ; the almost Racists are essential to the Counter-Revolution in Turkey as the "spare wheel to the car of A-K-P" and being kinda racists they are fuelled by all sorts of hate against the Kurds . They have to oppose , Ankara has no real intent to do so , simply can not dare and all and such a far reaching "reform" fills the media output to a maximum possible . The party structure of the almost racists are real shaky with opponents about to start a new Center Right movement . Numbers are all important , and election frauds might really fail , too . One of these days ... Take the hazelnut issue . Turkey has 75% of the global output , essential part of the local culture , you can2t be true son or daughter of the Blacksea Region without it . And mind you , these guys are so ready to defend their honour even when you say nothing that relates to their honour . But hazelnut is also an important ingredient of global sweets business and some Italian company has a monopoly in Turkey . See , Goverment claims a minimum price of 10 Turkish liras , before the referandum naturally . When the vote is safely in , that 10 liras becomes the maximum . If that was done by the Leftists there would be an armed rebellion in the Blacksea , with those people heroically massacring people , burning whole towns , too . Nothing happens , despite the grumbling and a few internet videos on why the Goverment does this and why it's so unfair . Main Opposition organizes a march and , yeah , immediate response , promises of 10,5 ı believe . And how many people marched ? Not 3 million , that would be too much but considering the rebellion thing , 300 000 ? No , just 3 000 . ı don't know but ı think ı saw offers of 12.5 before it started ; in case 30 000 walked . Because the Counter-Revolution loves to insult and millions were once brought up with the narrative that Atatürk loved Turkey and acted accordingly . A-K-P fears America will betray them and they will loose any vote and it will be a "tradition" ; and we mortals certainly do not know many corruption cases might be opened for any single A-K-P official . Despite their fear of courts , they can't stop now that their attempts to secure the justice system works on 1984ish things , they would find themselves in deep trouble in any attempt . Any attempt to challenge that the whole state is being re-organized a compoany that only serves the A-K-P , that is . WWI histories show the Ottoman Turkish soldier lived in misery , with a stomach for food German advisors would not feed to their dogs and yet an insistent demand for good quality water . The city of Bursa was regarded to have some of the best tap water in the entire country , especially by people who missed it elsewhere . It's currently undescribable , with some alleging the municipality bottles the good and serves artesian to the city instead . Others claim city center has the usual but poor quality variety goes to the suburbs that do not vote for the Party . They are all wrong . Some Party TV read a Party edict that all municipalities run by A-K-P would pay attention to health care . Especially water . Obviously some Party "Muslim" has a factory that produces chlorine or florine or whatever that white substance is and taxpayer must be thankful for this . ı have no doubts artesian can be served to justify it . Fill your glass and it will clear in a minute or two , you can hear the hiss and see the gas rising into the air ...

"honour" bubbles to the surface , given time . Despite Stalin's bloody activities over the years the Soviets produced some essentially right men and women . Even Nazis would see SS officials objecting to gas chambers , possibly by 1960 when they started on the Chinese . Hell , even America has good honourable people . This is the why of the non-stop education reforms in Turkey , creating a mass of non qualifieds in anything . As repeatedly said ı have nothing against the existance of Imam Hatips . Practising Islam or not , you will need properly educated leaders of people . Those who fear Allah . Especially in this jihadist times the oil rich Arabs fund any possible provocation . And what happens in Turkey ? The religious agency happily runs all the mosques and so many other offices in the country with 120 000 people , right ? There are now likely 1 500 000 students in Imam Hatips . Not just brainwashing young generations but as a vocational school that creates an Arabic speaking servants class when our Qatari and similar masters move their palaces to this country . Wrong ? Of course wrong . The language abilities of the graduates are apparently on par with that English Lord's English : "Me Tarzan, you jane." Jane apparently didn't have much trouble with the possibility of becoming Lady Graystoke . So , it becomes apparent that all those sects are taking over the State and now that people are indoctrinated in one direction and spending so much time in that they create more schools to pay more salaries to their people ...

is this elitist ? Let me see , ı grew up in the suburbs and was the only one in my primary school to win the Anatolian High . My school number suggests ı was 45th or so in maybe 200 students taken that year , am pretty sure ı was the only one to walk in that direction when school ended for the day and everybody left for home , at least 3 or 4 years . A very large percentage was from a center-of-the-city school that specialized in raising kids that could win the entrance exams and ı didn't feel that ı could fit in . ı would top that with some depression and stuff , hated some and was hated by some . ı have the odd feeling that some school teacher of mine waited to the end of my days as a museum guide to see the idiot prowling the basement for the last laugh , days after the one that took pity in me . Yet returning 15 years back in time to 1990 this newly assigned school principal used his entirely legal rights to get me extra marks so that ı would be a student in the very first class of Industrial Engineering in the local university . He owed me nothing , he had never taught me in that 7 years but an educator is meant to create opportunities for the student so that the student can serve the society to his / her best when the time comes . When ı failed and felt taking a new direction in my life years had passed and a former teacher of mine had become the new Principal . He had had no particular reason to like me . ı have no doubts that he would generally approve what has happened to Turkey since then and the official paper ı needed to enter the exams was really limited in numbers . He still gave me one ; because being an Islamist in those days did not exactly mean that the person was unlikely to be just .

ı had a chance to do good with my life ; ı failed on my own . ı had the potential even if ı was never a "Science High" material , that State school for 9-11th grades . Many in my 8th grade class took the exam for and not many could win . Yet ı still could have won aircraft engineering had ı managed to put my back to it ; you know , getting out of the depression and properly studying and all that . Education reforms eradicated the differences between all those schools . In the name of equality . ı once found a job as an Anatolian High graduate even only for the first day , because ı was trusted to know English to become a translator for some quite important factory . It's said for the last 10 years nobody is teaching foreign languages in schools , as some Minister of Education declared there was no need . One particularly important aspect of schools nowadays is their locations . Overheard it on the train this week , the schools opens and the kid phones his friend or parents that his school does not even have desks . Because his former school is one of those declared unfit to survive an earthquake and to be demolished . Declared in September mind you , because the construction companies of those "Muslims" were no doubt busy in June . One of the most famous schools of Bursa lies in a place where they want to build hotels for the Arabs , they will also tear down an hospital and some military recreational facility , because rich Arabs might be put off by thousands of Turks getting off the bus each day as they enjoy the early morning calm in those coffee houses to come . My late father had some tests in the hospital , ı know of the view from those hills .

schools were meant to be available for all . Lower rungs available for all and better ones for those who could win relevant exams . Only because the Turkish State of old had limited means and could concentrate on the wlling to increase the speed of improving the country . Turkey's first Nobel is won by a guy from the East , who kinda broke the heart of his seperatist politician cousin who is ( ı think ) a professor himself . Thankful that the State gave him an opportunity to study and go as far as he could . The latest reforms is readily reported to put a brake to such affairs . Because state-run universal exams put all the kids of the country to the same venue and while so many of poor can not compete due to the lack of oppurtunities , some prove their mettle beyond doubt . Some sheepherder's kid from some mountaintop last year , almost the first in the country and now boarding at a top school in Istanbul . Hopefully , in 10 years he will graduate from some university with honours , inspiring so many cousins , maybe lecturing a couple , too . And 20 years later will donate some fortune to build some real good school in his province so that more shepherds' kids will do it . Extremely undesirable in that when a country is made dumber , sheepherders' sons must also learn they are remain herding their herds . Except of course if some Qatari company wants to monopolize sheep herds . Goverment would deny , they are bringing in province wide exams apparently but it's widely reported that there's still chaos in the Education Ministry . Guys were just about "reforming" the entire exams so that "desirable" kids would score better . When two kids compete with marking the correct answer amongst the options A to E , it's real hard though there were brilliant examples of the ingeniuty and inventiveness of the "Muslims" ; they were just about to introduce "open ended" questions where you write the answer and you can always jot down 5 to the answer the question of 2+2=? as long as the "right" guy reads the exam papers .

ah , the equal opportunity Qataris and the things that happen with their petrodollars , but then even r16 has a limit to what he can type in a night ... Hopefully the continuation will involve stuff on why the Kurdish nation state to come never much liked Turkish schools anyhow . And yes , not a single word on paying Kurds , too .

Last edited:
Yep, in the coming months we can expect thousands of former Isis fighters to return to Europe, which for some bizarre reason does not treat them as traitors and terrorists.
Europe's problem is that it is accepting lots of refugees, some of which are not real refugees and there is no good way to verify them. They will be returning to Middle Asian countries and Russia too. Russia's attitude is less liberal comparing to EU, but they are still able to sneak in as workers or family members, etc. It's a common problem.

no , you won't be expecting thousands . Ones or twos , maybe dozens , but they will all -perhaps slowly but surely change affiliation to Nusra , move themsleves to Idlip and form the core of an Arab insurgency in Turkey where they will be driven to in time .
Yes, they will be driven out of Idlib too, unless America declares them as freedom fighters again and send them more weapons. Which is not improbable at all. Otherwise, since Assad has continuous Russian air support, it will ensure that casualties ratio will be favorable to Syria government. It may still take a year or two to liberate remaining Nusra enclaves and will also depend on diplomacy between Assad and SDF.

Europe's problem is that it is accepting lots of refugees, some of which are not real refugees and there is no good way to verify them. They will be returning to Middle Asian countries and Russia too. Russia's attitude is less liberal comparing to EU, but they are still able to sneak in as workers or family members, etc. It's a common problem.
The phony refugees are certainly a massive problem, even more so because it's so easy for terrorists to sneak in with the uncontrolled flux.

But I was rather talking about the thousands of European citizens of Muslim origin who went to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS, and are now returning to the EU. Several hundreds have already returned, and thousands are expected. What shocks me is citizens that voluntarily migrate and fight for a terrorist organization which is at war with their countries are not treated as traitors and terrorists. They should receive the exact same treatment as British or American citizens who chose to fight for the Nazis in WW2.

Last edited:
But I was rather taking about the thousands of European citizens of Muslim origin who went to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS, and are now returning to the EU. Several hundreds have already returned, and thousands are expected. What shocks me is citizens that voluntarily migrate and fight for a terrorist organization which is at war with their countries are not treated as traitors and terrorists. They should receive the exact same treatment as British or American citizens who chose to fight for the Nazis in WW2.
I agree, this is a problem too. Fighting on ISIS side is not punishable in Europe? I thought the only issue was to prove they actually joined terrorist organization. In Russia it is a criminal offense - a few years ago we had a controversial case when a 20 year old girl was brainwashed through social networks and tried to escape in Syria, to marry a man she saw only on Skype. She was detained in Turkey when she tried to cross Syria border, and eventually sentenced to 4.5 years in prison.

I agree, this is a problem too. Fighting on ISIS side is not punishable in Europe? I thought the only issue was to prove they actually joined terrorist organization. In Russia it is a criminal offense - a few years ago we had a controversial case when a 20 year old girl was brainwashed through social networks and tried to escape in Syria, to marry a man she saw only on Skype. She was detained in Turkey when she tried to cross Syria border, and eventually sentenced to 4.5 years in prison.
No, bizarrely to the best of my knowledge European countries will only punish ISIS fighters if they are shown to have committed a terrorist attack, or joined Isis with the intent of committing a terrorist attack.

Which is bizarre, because all European countries claim to be at war with Isis and label it a terrorist group. I would expect that when a citizen of a country willingly joins a terrorist group which is waging war against his own country, he is treated as a traitor, just like in any conflict.

Of course I'm not talking about brainwashed teenage girls. But 20-somethings European nationals who willingly took up arms for ISIS? They should get the John Amery treatment.

Last edited:
They should get the John Amery treatment.

Here below the list from Wiki for all traitors convicted in the US and the UK for treason in modern history.
As you can see, John Amery was the only British citizen convicted for treason in WW2.
The US list for WW2 is also very short.
Many western countries have high constitutional hurdles to convict for treason and most of them are not going to change their often centuries old constitution for some minor incidents in history. After all some people joining ISIS is just that.

United Kingdom[edit]
For those before 1 January 1801, see England, Scotland, and Great Britain.
United States[edit]
  • Philip Vigol and John Mitchell, convicted of treason and sentenced to hanging; pardoned by George Washington; see Whiskey Rebellion.
  • John Fries, the leader of Fries' Rebellion, convicted of treason in 1800 along with two accomplices, and pardoned that same year by John Adams.
  • Governor Thomas Dorr 1844, convicted of treason against the state of Rhode Island; see Dorr Rebellion; released in 1845; civil rights restored in 1851; verdict annulled in 1854.
  • John Brown, convicted of treason against the Commonwealth of Virginia in 1859 and executed for attempting to organize armed resistance to slavery.
  • Aaron Dwight Stevens, took part in John Brown's raid and was executed in 1860 for treason against Virginia.
  • William Bruce Mumford, convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.
  • Walter Allen was convicted of treason on September 16, 1922 for taking part in the 1921 Miner's March with the coal companies and the US Army on Blair Mountain, West Virginia. He was sentenced to 10 years and fined. During his appeal to the Supreme Court he disappeared while out on bail. United Mineworkers of America leader William Blizzard was acquitted of the charge of treason by the jury on May 25, 1922.[11]
  • Martin James Monti, United States Army Air Forces pilot, convicted of treason for defecting to the Waffen SS in 1944. He was paroled in 1960.
  • Robert Henry Best, convicted of treason on April 16, 1948 and served a life sentence.
  • Iva Toguri D'Aquino, who is frequently identified by the name "Tokyo Rose," convicted 1949. Subsequently, pardoned by President Gerald Ford.
  • Mildred Gillars, also known as "Axis Sally", convicted of treason on March 8, 1949; served 12 years of a 10- to 30-year prison sentence.
  • Tomoya Kawakita, sentenced to death for treason in 1952, but eventually released by President John F. Kennedy to be deported to Japan.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_convicted_of_treason

In my country they are treated as criminals. Get arrested when in our or friendly territory and are convicted for their crimes. If they have two nationalities, it is likely that the Dutch nationality will be withdrawn.

There are few convictions for treason, because, you know, very few citizens of western countries have willingly decided to fight for the enemy in modern times. A lot of the people in your list, like those sentenced for the Easter Rising, are far less traitors than European Isis fighters. We are talking about people who not only took arms to fight for the enemy, but for a group that engages in genocide, slavery and mass rape, to name a few of their crimes. They certainly deserve the John Amery treatment.

In many European countries, former Isis fighters are not even treated as criminals, unless they are shown to be involved in terrorist acts. Which is a travesty and a disgrace.

Last edited:
a group that engages in genocide, slavery and mass rape, to name a few of their crimes.
The Easter Rising could be considered to be against one of the largest perpetrators of such crimes at the time.

Of course I'm not talking about brainwashed teenage girls. But 20-somethings European nationals who willingly took up arms for ISIS? They should get the John Amery treatment.
On the other hand, teenage girls were used as suicide bombers several times in Moscow and other places. In my opinion, if there is a law which criminalizes participation in a terrorist organization, it should be applicable to everybody.

On the other hand, teenage girls were used as suicide bombers several times in Moscow and other places. In my opinion, if there is a law which criminalizes participation in a terrorist organization, it should be applicable to everybody.
I agree, but there are mitigating factors due to age and circumstances. So a couple years in jail might be appropriate in her case, while adult fighters would merit a much harsher punishment - arguably the supreme one.

35 km to Deir-Ez-Zor remaining. Russia actively uses helicopters for air support. Effective but dangerous.

It goes on really fast. Siege of Deir-Ez-Zor is broken, after about 3 years of blockade.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...y-breaks-years-long-isis-siege-on-deir-ez-zor

It will probably take time to liberate whole city, though. ISIS reportedly has significant forces in the city and their fighters are quite resilient in urban combat. Another thing is that air support will be much less effective there, comparing to open desert areas.

But I was rather talking about the thousands of European citizens of Muslim origin who went to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS, and are now returning to the EU. Several hundreds have already returned, and thousands are expected. What shocks me is citizens that voluntarily migrate and fight for a terrorist organization which is at war with their countries are not treated as traitors and terrorists. They should receive the exact same treatment as British or American citizens who chose to fight for the Nazis in WW2.

Those went to Syria to join various rebel (terrorist, whatever) groups, with the complicity of the intelligence services of some european states. And fought with weapons financed by those states and sold by the central european states that now absolutely refuse to have any refugees in their territory.
I don't thin that the governments of those states want too much attention put on those people... thus they're trying to pretend nothing deserving of attention ever happened.

just saw a tv ad - Qatar wants "us"a to help lift the blockade... They showed a bunch of girls/women schooling and working.

the last time I remember ads from the middle east it was Kuwait wanting our help

Yes, berzerker, but that time it was a local power, whom the US and others had armed in order to counter one of their enemies, who just overstepped their boundaries and attacked a much smaller neighbour. This time it's totally different.

due to forum software limitations that only allow 30 000 words per post and like nobody has yet posted after mine what was here goes to post 282 in this page in the spoiler section .

the idea being Qatar funds and directly controls or something that Counter-Revoultion in Turkey in a bid to create a civil war and gas chambers and stuff to cost tens of millions of deaths ; with so much Kurdish stuff directly related .

Spoiler :

dissolution of the Turkish State is a long running theme of mine , but it happens to be a constant of the world politics and much relevant as of today ; for while it seems so much against the flow of history and what must happen in the the interests of all mankind , yours idiotly has a point . That there will be no 'stan , not simply because there isn't but the Kurdish "Feodalism" and whatnot has no place and no calls of "injustice" on it . No need to accomodate the clan structure as well , now that it's the single constant in the bloody disasters of the last decades of the Republic as well .

disjointed it will seem , but take any single Turkish TV series about the "East" . It will unvariably involve an "Ağa" , some clan leader that owns a mini palace , a few villages to support the kinda opulent life style and some beautiful love interest , a noble daughter or maybe some poor villager detested by her mother-in-law for her lack of ancestry . Or most usually a blonde from the West of the country and they fell in love in university or a similarly modern set-up because the ağa is a most modern guy however trapped he might be in the traditions of yore . Kemal's Republic broke most of the such stuff in the rest of the country ; many would love a return to such but none of the wanna be feodals have the clout of the Kurds . Because , let me see , if they are hurt somehow , they might rebel ... Enter TV series that only aim to popularize them , because their real life counterparts tend to be dudes who like to show off their chest hair as they walk their oxygenized blondes to the jewelry shops . Sunglasses , a pistol at the back of the trousers and huge anger at his blonde and you as she finds you extremely laughable , a freakshow in the streets and this hurts the dude's code of "honour" : A woman that laughs in the streets is a wh_re . Or at least without his permission . Expect a mighty hit by the shoulder as he passes by ; especially in some Grand Bazaar where he is known as the local drug dealer . Of course not every single person born into such a world are criminals or basically bad people and all that . But the New Turkey needs them loved and that results in a string of popular shows . One of the sets , a grand house becomes famous , bus tours begin . And at least one case of people clustering at the bus terminal of the area , liking some "tourist" teenager and offering the current equivalent 70 000 odd US dollars to the family on the spot . They will leave the girl there and will not contact her ever again ... (Now that she would attempt to raise trouble when her "husband" replaced her in 5 years time .)

ı have had almost 10 years here ; ı trust people will not see this as mere propaganda on some stuff . Because it pertains to the general trend of the country where the "Westerners" themselves want to be become feodals -after the total fall of the Republic ; so , it's not entirely the fault of the "Easterners" ... However dysfunctional Turkish Parliaments may be , they never fail to increase the salaries of MPs and there was this proposal to allow weapon permits to the extented families of election winners and naturally diplomatic passports to raise them above the masses ; ı think that took a foreign intervention as it was too "early" . The foreign control is at times spectacular . The Ağa figure is long a staple of Turkish film industry ; back in the days when there was a "chance" that Left could win elections , it was either totally bad or sweetly ridiculed . With all movie people being Leftist and stuff , with the Saudis being still in the Stone Age and preferring their proxies shun the "idolatry" of pictures of all kind . Hence the village owner becomes a proper target . You know , the Right Wing Goverments buying the vote real cheap ; if his authority is weakened the Ağa might vote whatever he want but plurality would go to Left ... Some of the best of such lampooning belongs toŞener Şen who has also played the first "humanization" of such a character in "Züğürt Ağa" - as far as ı know . A tragic figure if you will , born noble despite his father is a senile nymphomaniac , actually tries to care for his villagers and gets robbed by them , tries to work honestly and gets robbed by the Westerners and so on , with a comedy that rarely fails . Filmed in the 80s and ı sincerely doubt it could be done today with a suggestion that a "Sheik" , (the religious opinion leader of the area) could refuse to lead the prayers for rain . Because the money offered by the Ağa was not good enough . But forced by the blackmail of the Ağa that the Sheik and the senile nymphomaniac used to rape village girls together in their youth . This former singer of Kurdish origins has done so indeed , striking against the sheiks recently ; but he is Kurdish in a country that aims to eradicate "Turk" out of anything . Kinda doesn't count when America needs to prove despite all the failings the future belongs to some people , while some other people did not even bother to resist . K is good , T is bad , if too confusing . Still , the singer has been given some hell .

now that we are not to doubt the "Muslimness" of the Kurdish feodals . The historical narrative now says Anatolia became Turkish as a coalition effort of the Selçuks, Arabs and Kurds . The art / science of History requires evidence and all the trappings of Civilization that developed over the last 5000 years . My word against established "facts" ? That r16 said so will be scientific proof of something happening that way ; as soon as the first starship arrives in orbit and starts the orbital bombardment ; but it's entirely BS ... That it wasn't 50 000 Turks but an alliance of 40 000 reinforced by 10 000 Kurds and Arabs . "That Turkified Anatolia" . As per the Roman tradition Byzantium would depend on the wealth of the East to reinforce its West , but Arabs like Halid bin Velid had cut off the best from the rule of Konstantinoplis , for 3 centuries . Through the Christian Middle East opting to side with their ethnic cousins from Mekke . If Arabs and Kurds were that great "Muslims" they would have done it on their own . Not for the lack of trying , too , now that some guy who physically saw the Prophet when young is buried in Istanbul , where he died during some siege in his old age ...

the answer is in that Turks were not that great "Muslims" ... Any Arab historian will give you a long elaborate rant on how how the Arab Greatness ended with the employment of Turkic mercenaries who corrupted the rule ; Qatar's Al Crusading has a 4 hours long documentary on it . With not a single reference to how the entire pre-Islam Arab world as it is now embraced the idea that the Roman rule was a good thing but by now the Romans were simply impostors who had betrayed the Christian ideals and Allah Had Chosen Muhammed to bring back the Truth . And that was why in less than a Century "Islam" had reached to Spain and breached into India and yet got stuck at the fringes of Anatolia and forced back from Poitiers and did not even attempt a rematch with the Chinese . Order of the law in all three cases : Franks claiming to be the heir to the Western Rome , Byzantium being the very Eastern and Chinese would possibly dismiss Rome all together ; in the good old days of CFC this is where there would be the chorus of Zheng He ! Al Crusading also entirely dismisses how the Arab Golden Age's military machine was fueled by plunder , even if this was valid for everybody back then and Arabs like spent a century to pacify pagan Turkic states , with kinda no honour , reducing the peoples to vassals just like many other empires had done to many other peoples for millennia by then . Like denying an Islamic identity to avoid seeing them as equals , but enforcing it all the same . Not even the toppling of the Umeyyads was any help ; utterly sharpening the Arab "intelligentsia" by 1070 , when the Selçuks had "unjustly" had themselves crowned as Sultans for about 15 years and intolerably using Turkish to conduct the affairs of the State . Real history books make a point of Arab conquerors remaining Arabs instead of adapting the local languages and become "locals" just as Mongols were to transform themselves much later .

this is how that Roman Diyojen forced a war on the Alparslan , one the Sultan didn't want , practically begged not to . Byzantium's victory was assured : The hated Turkic rule would crumble , Christian Arabs would certainly meet their Liberators with flowers . While the Arab intelligentsia was expecting a return to glory days , Iranians were already promised independence from Islam and in an era when the amount of foodstuff really determined the power of a country , all the Muslims in Mesopotamia would be given a 1258 . The Greek and Armenian Churches never duke it out in the open , but it was especially tough on the smarter Arabs : That epic fail that has few parallels in human history ... ı doubt they ever teach it to all those thousands of Arab Princes .

ah yes , it wasn't the Kurds but the Armenians that "Turkified" Anatolia . As Selçuks took advantage of a war they hadn't seeked in the first place by following the advice of the "Iranian" visier to Alparslan . That the Selçuks were bringing back the Roman rule , you know , also adopting the phrase "Rumi" . That there wasn't much of a difference and ı use that as very "lightly" . It can can be gauged by the almost 800 years that didn't see much of an Armenian issue . Those guys had held the East for Byzantium for so long , they could have rebelled against Muslims , let alone not opposing in the first place throughout the 1070s . Did so only at the projected demise of the Turks with the ever imminent fall of the Ottomans at late 19th Century . It was naturally horrifying : The "tsunami" of the 7th Century could be explained by the "racial inferiority" of the subjects of Byzantium in the Middle East . It was now "Whites" surrendering to those horsebandits who were even despised by the Arabs . The first Global response ; naturally ending with the bloodbath of Kudüs 1096ish . Western Europeans killing all sorts of Middle Easterners because the return of Christian control to those lands would naturally benefit Byzantium , while no King in those days could be a real King without declaring himself as the true heir to Rome ... See , in 50 years Turkic pagans newly converted becoming the shield and sword . Article of Faith in Islam that Allah Will Protect His Religion , but no clarification of how , right ? Horsebandits finding a void to put up a state , gaining justication defending an entire region and expanding and expanding on the very same notions . Tell that to the Arab schemer of 1070s that it would take 6 centuries for the godless to be stopped and yet Islam would be a global phenomenon long after that and he would f_rt laughing , let alone wetting himself .

oh yes , Kurds didn't take the Ottomans to Vienna either . Nor did they ensure the victory of Sunni ideals over the Shia . As we have been told since 2011 or so , when the war to South , the Irresuction , looked like the assured destruction of the Syrian State , the liberation of "Kurdish" territories ( yellow in the current fashion of the day ) meaning pipelines to the Mediterrenean to be combined with oilfields to stolen from the Shia Iraq , guaranteed by American directed conspiracies against the now extinct Turkish Armed Forces . Which started , you know , like 4 years before the "unexpected" Arab Spring . And while it looks a sparkling human history , with a "nation" oppressed for thousand of years looking on the verge of freedom , some of the biggest shames of Turkish history invariably involves the very same Kurdish feodals . It's like shocking to discover the Kemalist Turkey was ever ready to talk of percentages : That once we were not entirely of Turkish stock , DNA , RNA and whatever passes "scientifically" . Indeed , with my blue eyes (which are insisted to be green by some) ı would never qualify to be Turkish in 1071 ; but the thing is who were Armenians becoming as they converted ? Or are we to believe the Kurds as staunchest ever defenders of Islam were like totally living in their "ancestral" lands and tolerated by the evilly Christian Byzantians for centuries ? Especially the mountains above the plains of the border areas ? Kurdish "Islamists" never fail to mention the seperatists are all Armenians , especially when Turks are around . Remember 800 years ? The Germans took over the Enverland after the leave of the Allies by November 1914 and could they live 8 months with the Armenians ? Apparently all that the New Turkey can find for the incessant attacks of the tribes in the East on the deported is a band of thieves that robbed the intellectuals arrested in Istanbul in the train station of Eskişehir ; and by the looks of it it was arranged to happen by the nembers of Ittihad - the party in charge at the time . To demoralize the Armenians on their way to exile in Syria as a standart prison brutality thing . ı don't know whether any of the intellectuals were murdered or raped or thrown off a cliff . Indeed , the coming of "real" Democracy to Turkey has been proven by Easterners bragging on TV that the evil Western missionaries taught arts and stuff to Armenians who then forgot their place , spoiled and all that . It was coming to them afterall . There is yet to be a single "brave" Kurdish , or for that matter Turkish historian to declare the single reason the East joined the Turkish War of Liberation was the fear that the "Ingilizler" (namely the victorious British) would investigate the heroic actions of 1915 .

oh yeah , there is the former ideologue of the almost racists who last week had a documentary and he did stress the war started as a defence against the Armenians but he is a fan of Kazım Karabekir . Do not expect to hear , at least any time soon , that Kemal obliged but drove a "hard" bargain . Multi-party , multi-ethnic democracy and 100% at that . With no allowance for Ağas to rape village girls , though logic dictated their wealth would give them an headstart in the Capitalism that would guide the country , with some serious tariffs and stuff to avoid the mistakes of Ottomans . And some assurances that the sons and daughters of the feodals given the best education possible to keep them "up and front" . It became multi-party , multi-ethnic Republic when the Circassians attempted to steal the Rebellion . Well , not exactly a fault of Kurdish Feodals but it kinda harks back to times past with this Circassion hero , second only to Kemal in the narrative of the day , refuses to join the Regular Army , because he was but a non-com in the Ottoman Army and even if if the Parliament could have made him a Colonel he would still be one of the bunch , while the Sultan could always "forgive" and make him a Pasha . The rank of Marshall to follow if he supressed the entire War of Liberation . The New Turkey strives hard to make him a hero of 1919-22 , despite the fact that he ended up wearing Greek Army uniforms . Thus Sultanate being planned to be abolished , disregarding whatever Kemal might have been thinking . He saw himself only as the commander of the Army and he had already a tough task ahead . Especially after accepting feodal demands that their kinsmen also covered for . Might have added a year to the struggle . Nobody actually cared for the Armenians (especially the civilized Christian countries) but the upheaval of the Great War was yet to settle and Kurdish chieftains feared "Peace" . Thus the stated aims of the War of Liberation included Musul . Despite the feeling that the British would have made love to each and every oil well if it wouldn't look so out of place . If it hadn't been so declared , the British might have been as willing to negotiate and enforce a Peace to Venizelos as the French were after the Arab Rebellions of 1920 . In 1922 Kemal was still not expecting the enlightened despot role when they abolished the Sultanate and kept the Caliphate ; Musul was still out of the borders and believe me , nobody had ever expected Kemal pull it out or coming this far ... It was reasonably the best to expect a negotiated peace , perhaps the Sevres allowances doubled and some presence in Istanbul . That's when the stuff began , practically everybody coveting a signal from the "Caliph" to get rid of Kemal or siding with Kemal if the signal looked unlikely to come . Despite the assurances and extensive explanations that he could be a great historic person in consideration of the possibility of checks and balances , the guy preferred to be a "Sultan" . Disregarding the resulting crisis might have reduced Turkey to the size of Byzantium of 1450 within a couple of years . Led Kemal to the Presidency and you are free not to believe what ı have told you just now . Musul was still there and right on time , those very people who were afraid of British rebelled in the name of Islam and weakened the legal case by 1926 . Could have taken some 5 years to hang every single feodal above the age of 15 , a decade or two to convince the villagers it was for the better . Kemal chose not to . 1923 like happens to be the 240th anniversary of Vienna and those years were practically never good , nor Kemal was an adrenaline freak or fighter for the sake of war . The 250th year was of course a little pompous here in Turkey only because it was the 10th Anniversary of the Republic . And it was one of hope . And not a single reference to 1683 , because the Nazis were starting to evict people and some of those professors who were convinced to come here were really good ...

oh , just hear the Kurds on how they were betrayed by the Kemalist stuff . They were not questioned on how many scalps they took from the deported , they were not asked to return the lands they took , only supposed to give up the captives if alive and let them go anywhere they wished . You know , because without Armenians there would be no Turkey to fight over . Promised citizenship and stuff , equality , whatever "Science" offered . Trains to schools to Medicine . Raping village girls was a "bonus" , a privilidge Man had abandoned long ago anyhow . Ankara could have taken Musul , by bayonet if necessary , because the fear of the Commies paralysed the Colonialist West , let alone a crisis of any sorts making way for a resurgent Germany and all those Kurds who rant every night on TV on how they were let down by Ankara over the years could each be some oil tycoon right now , if the grandfathers of their grandfathers had not preferred a tiny pouch of British gold back in the day . You can ever hear them on how they are superior to anyone because they heroically saved a couple of Armenians as the Ottomans were evilly genociding a whole race . They will not remember it at all , that they were pushing just 2 or 3 years ago . How the Arabs were worthless and pushovers and all the oilwells of Middle East awaited as the now extinct Turkish Army asked for permission to enter towns feverishly being fortified in 2014 or so . Ah , ı was so surprised at the time , ı was thinking Arabs were our brothers ? Casualties might have been 10 fold , but who cares ?

now that the seperatist fight has long benefitted the feodals anyhow . It can be exasperating at times to see the seperatist claims that Turkish schools failed to assimilate them . Right , because their grandfathers did every possible thing to avoid the existance of those schools and made it imperative that no justification could ever be given to "Centrifugal" stuff they brag they defeated evil Turkish schemes to make forget their culture and whatnot . You know instead of letting them to rot in the mountains with no nothing and their feodals would have actually preferred that to happen . No , they heroically discovered themselves , even if it was the idiotic Turkish Left that insisted they were really a 'ing seperate race , oppressed by the 'ing Turkish State so they should all go and vote Communist so that the otherwise utterly voteless Radical Left could establish a Workers' Paradise in the country . Nor one should ever forget the ever glorious the so called national intelligence service which went and established an armed seperatist organization under American supervision so that bloodshd would unite the majority of the country to never vote Communist so that the "Profits" would never be at risk . And never forget now extinct Turkish Armed Forces that in its last years of life supported an anti-war epic . Where the sexually impotent loudmouthed coward ethnically Turkish officer justifies all with racist theories between torturing the wounded Kurdish girl (the freedom fighter that could be captured only because the coward sniped at her) and trading curses on the wireless with her lover (the Doctor who heroically left university to join the righteous fight against Oppression) . In case you wonder , the cowardly Turkish officer gets it right at the end , the Kurdish hero is then shot in the back by the treacherous Turkish soldier hiding in the dark , we have some great shots about the idolatry of Atatürk and how the peoples of Anatolia are all brothers with their brown eyes , while the impotent coward naturally has an European complexion . And the pro-Turkish feelings of the audience are like covered by the shadow of the gun of the Kurdish hero , which is an M16 ... This proves it's all fault of America ... With like millions watching and proud of the country and Army and stuff ! Am pretty sure it would have blown George Orwell off his seat in the movie theater .

ah , the curse of us ; that there has never been a cap on the number of smarties . The Kurdish commoner of 1960s had no particular thing against the State . Despite the 101% readiness to be American puppets the Democrat Party years of 1950s were mostly a success story , especially in economy . While the commoner's father would be a conscript in the Army of 1940s where "writers" , those who could keep up with documentation the Military (inevitably produced mountains of) were comparatively rare and hence "valued" . The father would do anything necessary for the son to read and "save" at least himself . What happened ? The Left insisted the son was a "Kurd" while he was quite ready to accept "Turk" as an upper identity , becoming part of the larger society , perhaps becoming a State Official , perhaps a little store in the nearest town back at home : He knew he was a Kurd , you know , through being a Kurd . Why ? Because the Soviet Union was respecting the Minorities to build the Soviet Man ; insulting people as cavemen had not helped people to become good Communists afterall ! Living in ivory towers of their own , this of course didn't appear obvious to the Turkish Leftists . That the Kurdish commoner was more than willing to be part of society and the "introduction" could be skipped entirely . The son didn't need to hear that he lived in the dirt , he knew that already but there would be no let up in the "Enlightment" . In the heated and divided 60s this left the commoner at odds . Big cities have the schools the commoner needs to attend to save himself and they are lonely places . With Right with its barely disguised racists and the early versions of "Muslims" as the only alternative . As the Left gained power in accordance with the global trends , some brilliant too well read theoricians finally decided they had to have a guerilla war , you know , only because it was a fashionable thing to do and descended on the East . Che was still alive , ı think ... The fathers took one glance at the city boys and took their sons aside and asked what was going on . Then tried to reason with the city boys that they wanted no quarrel with the State , which was finally giving a chance for the commoners to save themselves . The city boys discovered the mountains were full of reactionaries .

Last edited:
Top Bottom