[RD] Trump: The First 100 Days

Disprove that we're being disappointed, you mean. The shift in attitude towards him, whether it's in his approval rating falling 8 points, or qualitative things like him being honest or a person who keeps promises, as big as we've seen in 3 months is strong. Stronger than anyone would have any right to expect this early in a presidency. Seismic, even. Of course, he's starting from such a low place that he doesn't have all that far left to fall to be in the realm of the truly ignominious presidents, but a few more months of bungling the job will bring more people along, I'm sure.

Again, not necessary. All that is needed is to watch the people who voted for him.

J

We are watching one. Shills like you show up with articles written by other shills and treat them as evidence for their own shill position. We watch this with neither surprise nor real dismay, merely a tired acknowledgement that shills like you make up the floor of support for horrific presidents like GWBush and Dingbat Don.

When his approval drops from the current 42 down into the twenties I am confident you will still be the exact same partisan shill and still have plenty of "evidence" you will be able to link for us. And like passersby at a car wreck we will all still be watching.

Trump has already polled lower than Obama's lows for his entire 2 terms. He is on the W trajectory rather than the Reagan/Obama trajectory, so his best hope is another 9/11 or Space Shuttle disaster as those are the events that temporarily salvaged W's polling.

Bombing empty airfields and sending "armadas" in the wrong direction will only work for so long.

Trump has already polled lower than Obama's lows for his entire 2 terms. He is on the W trajectory rather than the Reagan/Obama trajectory, so his best hope is another 9/11 or Space Shuttle disaster as those are the events that temporarily salvaged W's polling.

Bombing empty airfields and sending "armadas" in the wrong direction will only work for so long.

Sending armadas in the wrong direction is more effective than sending them in the 'right' direction, like W did.

Sending armadas in the wrong direction is more effective than sending them in the 'right' direction, like W did.

:lol::thumbsup: I wonder what Trump would have done if paranoid Kim had hit the "armada" with a nuclear weapon, causing it to suffer the same fate at the original armada?

:lol::thumbsup: I wonder what Trump would have done if paranoid Kim had hit the "armada" with a nuclear weapon, causing it to suffer the same fate at the original armada?

Going by past American responses to attacks on America, he would have invaded.. Poland?

As MH points out, there is a hard core that will excuse anything, just as there is a hard core that will accept nothing.
OK, then what are these sensible people who will actually apply critical thought going to accept?
Waste a' fuel, really.

At least he hasn't nuked Canada......yet. But i probably should dig myself a bomb shelter.

He is going after our dairy standards, and is trying to get us to lower them to American levels. No political party here in Canada will ever do that lest they face the wrath of the electorate.

Having said that.. if we get cheaper cheese out of the deal (we pay more for cheese than almost any other country in the world, if not the most) then I could see some people going along with it

So yeah, you heard it here first, Trump is going to bomb Canadian dairy farms

Hillary Clinton is the obvious much-worse scenario.

J

Worse than the current chaotic administration? I somewhat doubt that.

Sometimes I wonder if Trump isn't just a dedicated chaos monkey to test how resilient american political institutions and society are.

That it could be a lot worse.

J

So they won't judge Trump on his own merits? I don't think that's reasonable at all.

You can't in one thread say that candidates matter, and then in this one say that reasonable people won't account for how Trump does his job. There is no hypothetical alternative any more, and that's not a reasonable standard of judgment. Reasonable people will see this, even if you do not.

I said it:

As far as I can tell, the only argument that *********** have left when defending their president is that Hillary would have been worse. Of course, since that is a matter of speculation, I am satisfied that they are unable to defend the administration such as it is.

That's an argument with an extremely limited shelf life.

Even J must realize that if the only thing the Republicans can come up with in 2018 as to why they should retain total power is, "We're not Hillary Clinton," they are going to have an extremely difficult time of it. That also stands as an extraordinarily poor accomplishment to be touting for the first 100 days. Literally everyone on the planet besides Hillary Clinton could have achieved that. I think maybe we should set the bar a little higher.

Even J must realize that if the only thing the Republicans can come up with in 2018 as to why they should retain total power is, "We're not Hillary Clinton," they are going to have an extremely difficult time of it. That also stands as an extraordinarily poor accomplishment to be touting for the first 100 days. Literally everyone on the planet besides Hillary Clinton could have achieved that. I think maybe we should set the bar a little higher.

Democrats lost last year with "we're not Trump."

Top Bottom