Trump to be Impeached

When chairman Mao Zedong faced opposition from inside the party and from the burgeoisie, he rallied the populace to purge his enemies through class struggle to reinstate the rule of the proletariat. That kept him in power till his death.

Hey Guys

Can we please wait until after the inauguration to take the discourse to this place?

Our politics are absolutely toxic. This thread is why. It's premise presupposes that Trump will deserve to be impeached before he's even taken office. This is exactly what the Republicans did to Obama. This speculating tilts our thinking and leads us to pre-judge not just Trump but the entire system. Then we vote for politicians that take our attitude into governance and we wind up with a system that doesn't work on basic levels.

Trump is fair game from inauguration day but can we just catch our breath before we freak out?

I also blame this thread for all the ills of mankind! Zkrib...;)...

I mean yeah, why not?

I'm pretty pissed about the whole election. I need to vent at something and this thread kind of was it for me.
Trump Triggers Me

"How?" you ask. "The Republicans control the House."
Exactly.
Republicans hate Trump because they can't control him. They love Pence.
The Senate is the same way.

Trump will give Congress plenty of reasons:
(1) His fraud trial over Trump University begins in next month.
(2) His Trump Foundation is still not registered, and Trump's been embezzling money from it to pay off court judgments, to buy things for himself, to make illegal political contributions, and to bribe the Florida AG not to prosecute him for Trump University.
(3) His tax audit must end sometime, and the truth will out. Yeah, that billion dollar loss he wrote off? Much of the loss wasn't his. He worked out a deal with this creditors whereby he "paid" them with valueless partnerships. They deducted the partnerships from their taxes, saying they were valueless. Trump wrote off the face value to the partnerships...which is tax fraud.
(4) Trump has promised to end ISIS quickly. If he chooses to use force, he'll probably neglect to get permission from Congress, which is a violation of the War Powers Act.

Expect his working class supporters to turn on him. After promising to protect Social Security, two of the four members of his SS transition team are advocates of privatization. After promising to "repeal and replace" Obamacare, he has nothing to replace it with, and so tens of millions of working class Americans will lose their health care insurance.

You're speculating on some of your points.

You're just like the biased/corrupt American Media - calling Trump racist until after election. They should look in the mirror before calling people names.

Clinton supporters, holding banners saying "Love Trumps Hate"-what a bull!, and then attacking unsuspecting Trump supporters and sucker punching them, pummeling them, including women and children. Just check out the videos on WND or Vidmax. It's terrible what those "loving" people are doing to others just for stating their political views.
Creamer was Hillary's advisor and organized several violent attacks on Trump supporters until had to quit when got exposed. We are talking about Democrats here, Democrats behaving in anti-democratic way. Don't tell me Hillary didn't know about it.

Hillary should be thoroughly investigated and charged if proven guilty over the alleged millions she accepted from foreigners (by letting them in on matters of US national security) to fund her campaign and the Clinton Foundation-an organization funding the Clintons and hardly anyone else.

Hillary's corrupt, as is her hubby. He organized bombings of Serbia in 1999, without a UN Mandate. Wasn't he impeached?

I'll admit, his tax dealings are shady and should be made public before he's sworn in.

Had America voted Hillary corruption would likely become more rampant, middle class would continue to suffer further and start disappearing, and perhaps national security would be threatened.
Hey, Hillary considered Russia America's main threat and not ISIS, who beheaded people just for being Christian and is bent on destroying the Western ways. That tells you something, and if it doesn't you're politically blind.

Hey Guys

Can we please wait until after the inauguration to take the discourse to this place?

Our politics are absolutely toxic. This thread is why. It's premise presupposes that Trump will deserve to be impeached before he's even taken office. This is exactly what the Republicans did to Obama. This speculating tilts our thinking and leads us to pre-judge not just Trump but the entire system. Then we vote for politicians that take our attitude into governance and we wind up with a system that doesn't work on basic levels.

Trump is fair game from inauguration day but can we just catch our breath before we freak out?

Why wait?

There are two possibilities:

Trump just adopts whatever the Republicans tell him are the policies. Those policies are disaster in the making and need to be fought, filibustered, stopped at all costs. Weakening Trump preemptively is a positive.

Trump turns on the Republicans and tries to enact whatever nepotistic nonsense he and his family have cobbled together so they can loot the treasury. That's certainly something that needs to be opposed starting ASAP.

I see no reason to let this turdball get rolling downhill with any momentum at all. Marching in the streets of every major city makes a clear statement that there is no governing happening here. Calls for impeachment, effigy burnings, obstructing access to Trump properties to impact his personal fortune...every tool in the toolbag plus some new ones no one has thought of yet is the prescription here.

Why wait?

There are two possibilities:

Trump just adopts whatever the Republicans tell him are the policies. Those policies are disaster in the making and need to be fought, filibustered, stopped at all costs. Weakening Trump preemptively is a positive.

Trump turns on the Republicans and tries to enact whatever nepotistic nonsense he and his family have cobbled together so they can loot the treasury. That's certainly something that needs to be opposed starting ASAP.

I see no reason to let this turdball get rolling downhill with any momentum at all. Marching in the streets of every major city makes a clear statement that there is no governing happening here. Calls for impeachment, effigy burnings, obstructing access to Trump properties to impact his personal fortune...every tool in the toolbag plus some new ones no one has thought of yet is the prescription here.
I like your fighting spirit dude. I really wanted Hillary to try and force some sort of constitutional crisis and was hurt when she didn't.

I like your fighting spirit dude. I really wanted Hillary to try and force some sort of constitutional crisis and was hurt when she didn't.

I'm kinda wondering about Obama, on the constitutional crisis point. He flat out said that Trump isn't qualified. That does make turning over the office a bit awkward.

I'm kinda wondering about Obama, on the constitutional crisis point. He flat out said that Trump isn't qualified. That does make turning over the office a bit awkward.

What crisis could they force though? According to the current rules of the system, Trump is the legitimate president effective January 20th. He meets all the criteria laid out in the Constitution for being president as well. They have no legal ground to stand on to deny him the office. If they did try to deny him the office, the military would be obligated to enter DC and remove Obama from office by force. And they would do it without question for two reasons: the oath they swore when they joined and the simple fact that Trump seems to be very popular with the soldiers right now so I don't think they'd have a problem obeying an order to remove the former president who wasn't so popular with the soldiers. Now ask yourself: Is that the spectacle you really want the world to see? Is that really how you would want Obama's presidency to end, especially knowing that moment would define his legacy?

Also, weren't you all criticizing Trump for disrespecting our democratic process when he threatened to refuse to accept the election results if he lost? Yet now you are lamenting that Hillary or Obama didn't do that very thing you criticized Trump for?

Dude. I'm accepting the results. I'm even trying to put a positive spin on it and find reasons to be upbeat.

Allow me my daydreams and blatant hypocrisy. I just chastised a whole thread for what you just called me out on. Hahaha

Dude. I'm accepting the results. I'm even trying to put a positive spin on it and find reasons to be upbeat.

Allow me my daydreams and blatant hypocrisy. I just chastised a whole thread for what you just called me out on. Hahaha

I was actually legitimately asking what Constitutional crisis you though Hillary could have forced.

None. I was just daydreaming and hoping she would do something for about two hours on Wednesday. I wanted her to fight.

None. I was just daydreaming and hoping she would do something for about two hours on Wednesday. I wanted her to fight.

I'm sure she explored every option before conceding the election. If there were something she could have done, she would have done it. Same with Obama because you know he does not want to hand the White House over to Trump.

You're speculating on some of your points.
The Great Zkribblo is predicting the future. Because the future has yet to happen, of course it's speculation.

Hillary should be thoroughly investigated...Hillary's corrupt,
Thanks, you're assertion just saved us the cost of an investigation.

Clinton Foundation-an organization funding the Clintons and hardly anyone else.
Wow, you'd think the yearly audits done by the NY AG's office, as required by law, would have uncovered that.
Gee, let's compare it to the Trump Foundation, which has been shut down because it never bother to either register or be audited. Trump's "charitable" foundation has paid legal judgments against him, has purchased him pictures of himself and sports memorabilia, has been used to make illegal political contributions, including bringing thee Florida AG's office not to investigate Trump University.

What crisis could they force though? According to the current rules of the system, Trump is the legitimate president effective January 20th. He meets all the criteria laid out in the Constitution for being president as well.

Not quite. He isn't even technically president-elect, until the electors in each state meet and submit their votes to Congress. Congress then counts the ballots, and the president and vice-president that received the most votes are then constitutionally bound to take their respective offices.

Electors aren't bound in every state, and even many that do bind their electors don't have much of a punishment for electors that go faithless. It's unclear what would actually happen to the vote of a faithless elector. My gut tells me that their vote counts regardless of what state law says.

I think it would be a terrible idea to try to get electors to switch en masse to elect Hillary instead of Trump, but this is an avenue they could pursue if they wanted to. It'd be legit under the constitution.

Hey Guys

The fact that Trump is simply turning his business over to his kids makes it extraordinarily likely that he will violate some conflicts law or corrupt foreign practices law soon after taking office. I wish people would talk about how problematic that is. The grounds for impeachment will almost certainly exist, should Congress decide to use them.

My personal opinion is that the scenarios under which Trump is worse for us than Mike Pence are, while still possible, not terribly likely. Granted some are apocalyptic, but at this point at least I'm willing to take the roll of the dice. Pence you know will just be the absolute worst.

Top Bottom