UN suspends Gazan aid operation

That's entirely unsurprising. It was only a matter of time, as long as the Israeli offensive went on.

And of course a bunch of people here will fail to recognise the implications because they apparently don't want to know how Gaza works on the inside.

The IDF bombing and shelling people has been a mild nuisence compared to what will happen if you foul up the infrastructure, which includes the UN and other aid-agencies, since these are dependant on the UN operation in place.

At this point I'm all for an Israeli reccupation of Gaza. Afaik inside Gaza it's not even that unpopular. At least it will make the Israeli responsibility patently clear. Since Gaza exists at the mercy and on the conditions Israel sets anyway, let Israel handle it. Either they will create a nightmare, or they will have to put in what it takes to make Gaza resonably work.

It's oddly reminiscent of the UN buggering out of Iraq when the US proved unable to protect them in its role of occupier, obviously followed by US slurs, apparently oblivious to their own failure. Israel wants to take charge of Gaza, either they plan how they are going to keep the UN and other aid-agencies working under the circumstances, or they take it upon themselves.

Of course, the only people who hate the UN are nationalists of various kinds who hate the UN for not propping up their own national interests.

The UN has many failures, but they have many successes as well, you just don't hear about them because UN success doesn't make for interesting news stories.

At least the UN is trying to find and execute better ways for prevent and end conflict. What have you got to offer Ecofarm et al, other than a pile of arrogant bull?

Those who criticise those who try are the biggest cowards of them all.

But I thought Bush never admits mistakes and just lies! How can this be??

I've got a radical change idea:

Hamas gets wiped from the face of the map. Is that a radical enough change in policy for you?

Get with the program. The surge worked. Read the news or something.

When you kill the worst of the badguys, even if they use their children like dogs, things get better. Deal with it.

/Meh

So now were "allied" with sunni ex-bathist insurgents that have attacked and killed US soliders. Now that is a radical stratergy change.
Saddy though this whole first five year complete screw up could have been avoided completely had we had capable commander like Petraues in charge.

As Petraues quite blunty put it "Promote reconciliation we cannot kill our way out of this"

We'd still have Islamic Jihad, the PFLP, the Muslim Brotherhood, al-Qaeda, the clerics in Iran, RESPECT, that weirdo-lookin' Bashar Assad in Damascus, Hezbollah, the Saudi royal family, CAIR, whatever is left of the PLO, various communist/Marxist groups, and the Russians.

So it ain't over til it's over.

You forgot to mention the black government leaders in Rhodesia and South Africa.

That's so funny. The UN complains and moans that Israel will not let them into a combat zone until they finally get let in and they get hit.
Haha. Good for them.

This cheering of the death of UN workers remainds me the cheering of some people in Islamic countries on 911. Hatred and ignorence do not respect any borders.

Of course, the only people who hate the UN are nationalists of various kinds who hate the UN for not propping up their own national interests.

The UN has many failures, but they have many successes as well, you just don't hear about them because UN success doesn't make for interesting news stories.

At least the UN is trying to find and execute better ways for prevent and end conflict. What have you got to offer Ecofarm et al, other than a pile of arrogant bull?

Those who criticise those who try are the biggest cowards of them all.

Well, if I was an Israeli, I'd want my government to leave the UN and expell all its employeed from the country, since the UN is now obviously an enemy to Israel.

Really? When did this happen?

From its inception. It has failed from time to time, and has been subject to pointless rabble, but as an organisation it has always been trying.

I'd like to know of any entity in the world that has been more successful in reducing world conflict.

Well, if I was an Israeli, I'd want my government to leave the UN and expell all its employeed from the country, since the UN is now obviously an enemy to Israel.

Bringing aid to Palesinians makes them an enemy? :rolleyes:

This cheering of the death of UN workers remainds me the cheering of some people in Islamic countries on 911. Hatred and ignorence do not respect any borders.

Thats just what I was thinking reading Eco's I'm-so-shocking-look-at-me-laugh-at-the-dead routine.

As Petraues quite blunty put it "Promote reconciliation we cannot kill our way out of this"

A message that applies as much to Palastine as it does to Iraq. The same fools who blinkered themselves from a reality that did not support their dectrine then are doing so again now.

Bringing aid to Palesinians makes them an enemy? :rolleyes:
If Israel operated according to the standards Winner applies, it apprently would be. Fortunately, for Israel not least, it doesn't.

From its inception. It has failed from time to time, and has been subject to pointless rabble, but as an organisation it has always been trying.

Thats funny, so the 20 odd member states that have at various times sworn to destroy Isreal not to mention waged open war against it have been trying to find peace?

In a reality, the UN has been exacerbating problems more than solving them. Which of course is their role in most armed conflicts. Its not because they can't help, its because the chose not to in any overall meaningful way.

I'd like to know of any entity in the world that has been more successful in reducing world conflict.

I can think of several dozen nation states. Actually, it might just possible be that almost every nation state has a better record than the UN.

Bringing aid to Palesinians makes them an enemy?

If thats all they were doing you would have a point. The various videos of UN workers driving around armed terrorists in their ambulances and using their compounds for offensive attacks shows the true character of their involvement.

A message that applies as much to Palastine as it does to Iraq. The same fools who blinkered themselves from a reality that did not support their dectrine then are doing so again now.

I totally agree, Palestinians can't kill their way out of their situation. Palestinians are, of course, the only party who has failed to try anything other than violence at the moment.

Bringing aid to Palesinians makes them an enemy?

:lol:
Doctors without Borders is currently trying to recruit surgeons to go in, since the current staff is overwhelmed. It's basically an NGO declaring war on Israel and her allies, doncha know?

Doctors without Borders is currently trying to recruit surgeons to go in, since the current staff is overwhelmed. It's basically an NGO declaring war on Israel and her allies, doncha know?

DWB lets Palestinians use their tents as sniper dens (and then lies about it, repeatedly)? Oh, the comparison is totally not valid, imagine that.

DWB lets Palestinians use their tents as sniper dens (and then lies about it, repeatedly)? Oh, the comparison is totally not valid, imagine that.

If you really believe nonsense like that you're more deranged than I ever thought possible.:crazyeye:

Oh, so that wasn't a video of a militant launching mortars into Isreal from a UN school totally unmolested in 2007 that the UN still denies never happend? Gotcha.

What about the numerous videos of militants driving UN ambulances around packed with armed men? Was that photoshop?

The UN mission there is a trainwreck of their own creation.

Thats funny, so the 20 odd member states that have at various times sworn to destroy Isreal not to mention waged open war against it have been trying to find peace?

In a reality, the UN has been exacerbating problems more than solving them. Which of course is their role in most armed conflicts. Its not because they can't help, its because the chose not to in any overall meaningful way.

I can think of several dozen nation states. Actually, it might just possible be that almost every nation state has a better record than the UN.

If thats all they were doing you would have a point. The various videos of UN workers driving around armed terrorists in their ambulances and using their compounds for offensive attacks shows the true character of their involvement.

I totally agree, Palestinians can't kill their way out of their situation. Palestinians are, of course, the only party who has failed to try anything other than violence at the moment.
and the first problem it made is help founding the State of Israel back in 1948:goodjob:

Top Bottom