v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

It's right smuggler's shanty dont ask for coast?

Yeah. They originally were not linked to units. However later the Pirate type sea units were added they needed a building, so this was picked. In short you can make the building anywhere but only the sea units on the coast. Since you can obviously smuggle things on land too.

Rev 4351:
After answering the two diplomacy messages the game immediately CTDs. This is an autosave from the start of the turn.

Looking at a Ship of the Line (with xp points to assign promotions) in the previous turn shows that nearly all promotions are not available and it can't be given any orders except move. The buttons are there but do not respond (shortcuts seem to work). Since another SotL is due the turn the game crashes I think there might be a problem there. Other ships like Frigates do not show this problem.

Edit: I managed to get another turn out of the game because the diplomacy messages were different. The game crashes after I decline Right of Passage and Change of Civics by other nations. Still CTD after declining those two.

Minidump and Savegame attached.

View attachment 336937

Rev 4351:
After answering the two diplomacy messages the game immediately CTDs. This is an autosave from the start of the turn.

Looking at a Ship of the Line (with xp points to assign promotions) in the previous turn shows that nearly all promotions are not available and it can't be given any orders except move. The buttons are there but do not respond (shortcuts seem to work). Since another SotL is due the turn the game crashes I think there might be a problem there. Other ships like Frigates do not show this problem.

Edit: I managed to get another turn out of the game because the diplomacy messages were different. The game crashes after I decline Right of Passage and Change of Civics by other nations. Still CTD after declining those two.

Minidump and Savegame attached.

View attachment 336937

Is that with Rev On by any chance??

V27

Last night while playing, I received the Ship Building tech and was promoting some old galleys (where I had saved their XP/promotions). I was able to promote them with: Transporter I & Transporter II, but was not able to promote to Transporter III.

The pedia makes no mention of additional requirements for Transporter III (i.e. the only requirement is Transporter II). So either the 'pedia needs to be updated, or the promotion needs to be fixed/removed.

What on earth?? That looks a bit extreme for REV. I've attached a save as well.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0040.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 74
SVN 4357: Something is broken in the Sevopedia units listing. No unit is listed after the Great Bombard.

View attachment 337000View attachment 337001

According to the v27 release that's being used for the large multiplayer game, the next unit is the Great Captain, unless someone put in a new unit between the Great Bombard and the Great Captain.

View attachment 337002

Also: Mousing over any Hero unit in the Civilopedia causes an immediate crash.

After starting a random location GEM map, I moved all of the Civs to their accurate positions and unrevealed all of the territory so that they couldn't see inside the original position. Nimi apparently started by Mongolia (I can see the terrain revealed there) but when I click the unreveal button, nothing happens. I experimented a bit and found that nothing changed when I tried to reveal or unreveal any tiles; it simply ignored me. Did it work and am I just not seeing it? Or is there something I forgot about?

And yes, it did work for other Civs, just not for Congo.

Holy cow that's a long ways in... just loading alone is going to take forever on a debug dll! Anyhow, thanks! I'll see if I can find the issue. Shouldn't be too tough I hope.

Holy cow that's a long ways in... just loading alone is going to take forever on a debug dll! Anyhow, thanks! I'll see if I can find the issue. Shouldn't be too tough I hope.

ahahahaa, your lucky i didnt give you the one i gave Koshling to look at, its three times bigger :lol::p

Ok, so far this is running just fine on my machine.

Do me a favor and test this. I suspect the change may have been something tough for the caching to have accounted for. Try deleting the cache file and see if it loads for you. (It loaded just fine for me but is taking some time during the recalculate...)

Flat out not getting any trouble here. I wonder if there's something amiss about your SVN version copy...

Koshling: Any theories as to what could be going on here? Try his savegame and let me know what you find out. I suspect if you're running with the same dll I am, which will be available on the svn now, you won't have any issues loading it. So how could one person using the same rev version of the SVN and the same savegame be having trouble loading it while another with the same does not?

SVN 4357: Something is broken in the Sevopedia units listing. No unit is listed after the Great Bombard.

I substituted in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml from the commit before the latest and it still gives this error, but it worked before I updated today. So it has to be some recent change. I am stumped on which file is causing it.

EDIT: Aviation mod is not the cause either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom