v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Works wonder is no longer a wonder, but buildable in multiple cities. WAD?

The Iron Works natural wonder was designed for people who did not have the requirements for Steel Mills so that they could get steel and build railways. Don't know why this has changed. It should not be available in every city.

The Biodome wonder doesnt seem to create any animals...

does for me, but only bears, wolves, panthers and lions

This one works for some people and not for others. Don't know why. So far I have only defined those 4 units, they came with the mod I converted. I can do more.

V27 Vanilla, Giant PW3 World, Deity, Snail:

1) I was able to upgrade a War Gally to a Decan...triere (?) (6 str, starts with Navi I, available at Shiipbuilding) literally at the other end of the world. I thought this would be only possible inside my cultural boarders and only if the nearest city had a Shipwright?

2) Combat odds are calculated wrong if you are more than 1 tile away from the target you check. City defence or rivers aren't shown in the combat odds than.

3) The AI seems to LOVE the garbage Dock - even if the city has >50% Water tiles. Maybe this needs some tweaking.

4) The Menagerie (and many other) Buildings say: "+2 local stability in every city". Is this correct or a display bug? I can't see why it should city 1 in Spain if it's build in city 2 in Greece.

5) Scotland Yard says: "only buildable with modern offices or Skyscrapers (I think). Anyway, I was still able to build it in the Ancient era with no problems.

6) You can't build a mine on peat bog, but you can build stone workshop. Same with Farms and Grain Gatherer. Is this meant to be?

7) AI pays a lot for quite cheap techs. For a "2 turn to research" Tech I got a little bit cheaper tech PLUS: Pig, 20 gold per turn, 10 Gallys, 5 Battle Ram etc. Maybe the AI strategy is to cripple my economy with unit-costs? ;)

8) Same as 7: The AI offered me for my Grain Ressource Tea, Tabacco and Cows.

9) In my cities there is "-1 unhappyness: "We enjoy our freedom from the oppresson of slavery"" Why in this - unhappy and not + Happy?

Not sure if this is a bug or I have clicked something to make it happen not but this has happened twice now.

All production stops and you have to go to city screen to choose a new production
All research stops and you have to click on the research bar to select new research.
In both cases when the research/production finishes you have to manually start again
When you move a unit it moves but its track stays visible
new units are starting with out any orders and appearing as available for orders
Really weird.

Its a bit like a semi freeze/manual mode.

Saved the current game out and reloaded it.
It then sort of caught up with it self and produced all the units and research and carried on as normal. Even weirder.

The Iron Works natural wonder was designed for people who did not have the requirements for Steel Mills so that they could get steel and build railways. Don't know why this has changed. It should not be available in every city.

Ironworks is messed up in Project Hades. Praetyre has in the Civ4BuildingClassInfos.xml file:
Code:
<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>

which is the code for a generic building.

Can't reproduce the CTD I had earlier on the declaration of war against me.

Something is wrong with the (or some) promotions. (SVN 4227)

- Hunter I promotion should give 50% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter II promotion should give 100% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter III promotion should give 125% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter IV (great) promotion should give 150% vs. animal and sea animal
- Loose formation promotion should give +15% vs. mounted and archer
- Forward observers promotion should give +15% vs. mounted and recon

It seems the <UnitCombatMods> tags are ignored for some reason. Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• hunter1.jpg
    hunter1.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 59
  • hunter2.jpg
    hunter2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 103
  • hunter3.jpg
    hunter3.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 111
  • hunter4.jpg
    hunter4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 61
  • looseformation.jpg
    looseformation.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 130
  • forwardobservers.jpg
    forwardobservers.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 84

It seems the <UnitCombatMods> tags are ignored for some reason. Anyone else getting this?

Yes this has been noted. Same thing happens with promotions such as Bamboo armor, Poison arrows, etc.
TB is on it, I think. :p

- Hunter I promotion should give 50% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter II promotion should give 100% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter III promotion should give 125% vs. animal and sea animal
- Hunter IV (great) promotion should give 150% vs. animal and sea animal
- Loose formation promotion should give +15% vs. mounted and archer
- Forward observers promotion should give +15% vs. mounted and recon

Yes this has been noted. Same thing happens with promotions such as Bamboo armor, Poison arrows, etc.
TB is on it, I think. :p

Been working to death this week and crashed out early last night BUT I was hoping someone else would come forward to offer some more info on this to narrow down what the problem was. This helps a lot so I'll go to take a look at it this evening and should have a fix pretty quickly from there. Thanks for pointing these out.

Sevopedia - No small Icon for Pearson - Canadian Empire Screen, It makes all other leaders invisible.

Thx fixed in the SVN now.
I'll focus on V27 release Sevopedia errors for the time being. I'm a bit of perfectionist, which you will see when the WWII scenario comes out likely this year. ;)

4) The Menagerie (and many other) Buildings say: "+2 local stability in every city". Is this correct or a display bug? I can't see why it should city 1 in Spain if it's build in city 2 in Greece.

I am using the iRevolutionIndexModifier tag. the only documentation I have for it says "How much the building modifies the revolution index of the city" which is what I thought I wanted, ie only local to the city. Anyone know what tag I should be using if this is not the correct tag. Otherwise the text for the tag is wrong somewhere.

Fossils seem to be broken somehow. I have Paleontology, I have a fossil dig site on a fossil resource, m cities show one fossil resource in their resources, yet I cannot build a paleontology lab. The pedia entry (when I hover over the required resource) says I have 0 fossils, despite what all my cities show. I notice that the fossil resource in the my cities appears to have a different icon to the fossil resource the lab claims to need - is it defined twice and one is provided but the other requires or something?

On researching Civil Engineering all my cities were suddenly able to build carpenter's workshops again.

Question, is it normal for the CvPlayer::countOwnedBonuses to take ten percent of a turn? Because I profiled my Classical Era save that was taking a minute per turn and found that that was happening.

On researching Civil Engineering all my cities were suddenly able to build carpenter's workshops again.

Did you have Carpenter's Guild? Carpenter's Guild provides free Carpenter's Workshops, and Carpenter's Guild goes obsolete at Civil Engineering, so the free Workshops would disappear when you got Civil Engineering, and then you can build them again.

I'm thinking maybe we need to merge Carpenter's Workshop, Surveyor's Office, and Construction Firm together into a building line so you don't see a building that ancient in the Industrial Era.

1) The "Show only buildings that ... (add Production, add Food, etc) in the city Screen is broken. If I want it to show me all food enhancing buildings it don't lists Irrigation Cannals for example. Or Stable as a building that gives military advantages.

2) Servan'ts Guild gives me free Servant's Quarter in every city, but the hover-over says that Servant's Quarter needs palace, Forbidden Palace or Versailles...

3) Bath House has a "Wonder-Movie" and I have no clue why. I think this happens with Walls to. I don't think normal Buildings should have those.

4) The AI "sacrifices" his troops when it trys to attack my permafrost city. It runs trough the permafrost with a large stack of units in which the most units don't have any arctic promotion, reduces the def of my city to 0% and then trys to run away when it's unit are at 50% health. But the way back to save terrain takes 4 turns, resulting in 60% damage. It does this 2 or 3 times now. (I also have a savegame)

@faustmouse

Post save please and say where is that city that you spoke on point 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom