v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sevopedia Errors:

3D Modelling has 3D Printing Strategy
Adhesives has Weaving Strategy
Advanced Environment has Space Colonies Strategy
Advanced Molecular Biology has Neuro Technology strategy and description.

I will continue to update this post with errors I find. No need to acknowledge each one, just note this post.

Did you have Carpenter's Guild? Carpenter's Guild provides free Carpenter's Workshops, and Carpenter's Guild goes obsolete at Civil Engineering, so the free Workshops would disappear when you got Civil Engineering, and then you can build them again.

I'm thinking maybe we need to merge Carpenter's Workshop, Surveyor's Office, and Construction Firm together into a building line so you don't see a building that ancient in the Industrial Era.

I do. That'll be it. Seems to me that carpenter's workshop should obsolete at the same time as carpenter's guild (or visa versa) really.

I do. That'll be it. Seems to me that carpenter's workshop should obsolete at the same time as carpenter's guild (or visa versa) really.

Probably, or as I said make a building line out of it. The problem is that there are a lot of other buildings that are dependent on the Carpenter's Workshop, so we would need to make sure that losing the Workshop doesn't lead to major issues.

Turns are hangin. Updated SVN at 9pm GMT yesterday. Its the secound turn in from this saved game.

Attachments

• Michael BC-1119.rar
    8.1 MB · Views: 41
Turns are hangin. Updated SVN at 9pm GMT yesterday. Its the secound turn in from this saved game.

If you look in BtS' main directory where the BtS exe lives ther should be a file called MiniDump.dmp. If you find one there that corresponds to your turn hangs times, zip or rar it and upload it too please. Gives indications of where to look for Koshling and AIAndy.

Also just a suggestion, check the Bug threads before you update from the SVN. Sometime you can catch that there is a problem and hold off on Updating till it's fixed. Unless of course you are Play testing all updates for Bugs vs just Playing.

Thanks
JosEPh

If you look in BtS' main directory where the BtS exe lives ther should be a file called MiniDump.dmp. If you find one there that corresponds to your turn hangs times, zip or rar it and upload it too please. Gives indications of where to look for Koshling and AIAndy.
The MiniDump is only generated when there is a CTD which I assume is not the case here (at least I interpret "hangin" as very very slow turn times or even an endless loop).

The MiniDump is only generated when there is a CTD which I assume is not the case here (at least I interpret "hangin" as very very slow turn times or even an endless loop).

Hts is what happen when Hydro put all those NEW schema's in at once, it hangs for some time before the compatibility takes effect again, if thats what he is talking about, if it while he's going from turn to turn, yes it hangs some alot MORE lately than a month ago.(inbetween turns that is)

@AIAndy,
I kind of interpreted it as a WfoC. So that's why I posted it that way. Sorry.

JosEPh

@AIAndy,
I kind of interpreted it as a WfoC. So that's why I posted it that way. Sorry.

JosEPh
I interpreted it as a WfoC as well (that is what I described in other words) but that means no crash to desktop and therefore no Minidump.
To analyze a WfoC a savegame that reproduces the WfoC is needed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Question: <iUpkeepModifier>-40<iUpkeepModifier vs <iUpkeepModifier>60<iUpkeepModifier>

Which one increases the modifier and which decreases. I thought the -X decreases and the X increases.

JosEPh

More info about my animal problem : only my part of the world is void of animals :'(

Look like nothing can spawn in an oceanian tundra... (I m totally in South East of the map, with lot of tundra)

1) The "Show only buildings that ... (add Production, add Food, etc) in the city Screen is broken. If I want it to show me all food enhancing buildings it don't lists Irrigation Cannals for example. Or Stable as a building that gives military advantages.

Also the Tanner does not show up in the :hammers: list.

3) Bath House has a "Wonder-Movie" and I have no clue why. I think this happens with Walls to. I don't think normal Buildings should have those.

Someone decided it would be cool for the first time those buildings were built then a movie would be played. It's sort of like an achievement in other games.

More info about my animal problem : only my part of the world is void of animals :'(

Look like nothing can spawn in an oceanian tundra... (I m totally in South East of the map, with lot of tundra)

The whole southern hemisphere only has penguins and seals as spawning in those regions. Most of that part of the Earth is water and our model is based on Earth :(

Do you have a save that hangs immediately when you load and say yes to modifier updates?

The save I posted hangs either on the first or secound turn. 50/50 chance of either but will never get past the 2nd turn. Dont know what you mean about the secound bit?
I updated the SVN and agreed to update the save game 5 turns back.

I think the fire property level/event triggers need rebalancing. I'm nearing the end of prehistoric and have gotten 4 fire events in my capital over the past 15 turns. And all I've built is a fire pit, smokehouse and a sweat lodge.

V27
Ran into a CTD during world creation.

All I did was reduce the world size from Giant to Huge, picked Ceaser as my leader and turned on Lock Modified Assets.

Restarted the computer and ran into the same result.
*Also didn't see any error file.

When I picked a different leader I at least found out why... as it didn't CTD but instead gave me a pop up XML Error message Tag: LEADER. I got to the world screen but there were XML Error pop-ups add infinitum. One for every leader then it started in on the units. I had Task Manager the game to death.

Turned off Lock Modified Assets and world creation went without a problem.

(If it matters) I was using PM3 with PM3 Climate system. I can provide additional settings if desired.

Had a catastrophic CTD that rebooted my computer when one of my units attacked an animal. Cannot be reproduced.

Had a catastrophic CTD that rebooted my computer when one of my units attacked an animal. Cannot be reproduced.

Anything that catastrophic is a driver bug, or hardware issue (over-heating causes that for me occasionally also, and long Civ sessions are usually the cause)

The save I posted hangs either on the first or secound turn. 50/50 chance of either but will never get past the 2nd turn. Dont know what you mean about the secound bit?
I updated the SVN and agreed to update the save game 5 turns back.

I am unable to reproduce a hang. On my first attempt I just loaded your save, did a modifier recalc when prompted to, and immediately ended the turn. On the next turn I selected the recommended building in each city that asked, and ended turn without moving any units. On the next turn I did the same again. After three turns it crashed with no minidump, which is a sure sign of running out of memory.

I then enabled viewports and loaded the save again. This time, after the modifier recalc, I set it on autoplay for 10 turns. It completed the 10 turns without any problems.

I therefore suspect that the root of your problems is that it is exhausting your memory (most likely video memory), since using viewports seemed to cure it for me. However, I never saw a hang as such (a crash instead), so I'm not total certain.

Try enabling viewports and see if that allows you to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom