v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is it worked and then it didn't. Very annoying to try to diagnosis. As usually when something goes wrong you first look for what has changed and nothing has changed in the PC setup.

It went away after I loaded up the save game.

Did you get a screen shot and post a save game showing problem? Koshling, AIANdy, and others will need that to see the problem. Give details on what to do to replicate.

JosEPh

Had a catastrophic CTD when someone declared war on me for the first time in my current game. V27. Rebooted my computer.

Had a catastrophic CTD when someone declared war on me for the first time in my current game. V27. Rebooted my computer.

Pls follow what is posted in the 1st post, thx.

1) The Unit Haast's Eagle looks way to big.

2) While the normal Lighthouse needs Bricks OR Marble OR Stone OR Cement, the Great Lighthouse requires nothing. A bit strange I think.

3)The Ishtar Gates says: "Build to add Commerce and a +1 Traderoute". I think this should be in the Civpedia discription rather than the building itself?

4) Medic has lower stats than the Sourgeon but is an more advanced unit. Also, the late-Game Medic Helicopter don't reduce diseases.

5)Seafaring and Scriptures both has a different audio Quote than the written Quote.

6)Currency and Trade use the same quote.

7)Fermentation, Orchards and Oil Lamps uses the same quote.

8)Plogh and at least agriculture use the same quote.

Still getting my promotions deleted when i upgrade from Arsonist to Flamethrower??

Since Hydro and ls612 have not decided that the flamethrower should be able to get those promotions, its acting exactly as it should. It is giving you the ability to select new promotions to replace them, isn't it? (just checking)

My official suggestion is to now declare a Fire Wielding Combat Class and determine the appropriate promotions they should have access to and assign that combat class as at least a sub-combat of the Arsonist->Flamethrower->etc... line of units.

1) The Unit Haast's Eagle looks way to big.

Haast's Eagle were the largest known true raptors, slightly larger even than the largest living vultures. Female eagles are significantly larger than males. Females of the Haast species are believed to have weighed 10–15 kg (22–33 lb) and males 9–12 kg (20–26 lb). They had a relatively short wingspan, measuring roughly 2.6–3 m (8 ft 6 in–9 ft 10 in). This wingspan is similar to that of some extant eagles (the wingspan now reported in large specimens of Golden Eagles and Steller's Sea Eagles). Even the largest extant eagles, however, are about forty percent smaller in body size than the size of Haast's Eagles.

So yeah they were HUGE. I mean they ate moa for goodness sakes. And they were big as well.

I'm using DH's food merchant mod with these WoC modifications (so not with direct editing):

Spoiler :
Code:
                <UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_EARLY_FOOD_MERCHANT_C2C</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_EARLY_FOOD_MERCHANT_C2C</Type>
			<iCost>40</iCost>
			<iBaseFoodChange>8</iBaseFoodChange>
		</UnitInfo>
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_FOOD_CARAVAN</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_FOOD_CARAVAN</Type>
			<bFood>1</bFood>
			<iCost>120</iCost>
			<iBaseFoodChange>25</iBaseFoodChange>
		</UnitInfo>
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_FOOD_SUPPLY_TRAIN</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_FOOD_SUPPLY_TRAIN</Type>
			<bFood>1</bFood>
			<iCost>460</iCost>
			<iBaseFoodChange>88</iBaseFoodChange>
		</UnitInfo>
		<UnitInfo>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_FOOD_FREIGHT</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_FOOD_FREIGHT</Type>
			<bFood>1</bFood>
			<iCost>800</iCost>
			<iBaseFoodChange>160</iBaseFoodChange>
		</UnitInfo>
They work fine, but the hover does not show the actual amount of food being added to the city. (It shows either 0 if it does not fill the whole storage, or it shows it will fully stock the food supply of the city.

I also noticed that the base schema does not contain the
<ElementType name="iBaseFoodChange" content="textOnly" dt:type="int"/>
<element type="iBaseFoodChange" minOccurs="0"/>
(lines 916 and 1334 in Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\Food_Merchants\DC2C_CIV4UnitSchema.xml)
tags that the food mearchants mod uses. Could that be the cause?

Attaching screenshots and savegame. (Add more food merchants in WB, and don't forget to use Food_Merchants <bLoad>1</bLoad> in Modules\DancingHoskuld\Custom_Units\MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml to test it.)

Attachments

• 0food.jpg
    0food.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 54
  • stockfood.jpg
    stockfood.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 81
  • foodmerchant.CivBeyondSwordSave
    444.9 KB · Views: 30
Black Tile Solution

Maybe need to look into the Pakbuilds ... are some of them old and unchanged? Maybe redo them all may solve the problem.

So yeah they were HUGE. I mean they ate moa for goodness sakes. And they were big as well.

Yeah I know they were big, but definitely not bigger than elefants or modern battleships.
The "wrong" scale of units isn't the thing I want to point out. The eagle is just slightly bigger than a tile. It just looks weird.

Does anyone else think that the 3 trait system is very unbalanced at it's present state?
Eg.
- Arrogant is a "bad" trait by name, but in effect is is a very good one. Max 6 turns of anarchy is a very good thing especially with slower speeds.
- Some good traits also have bad effects, eg. Agressive causes crime, so some leaders have "more bad than good". Eg. with Genghis Khan or Geronimo the AI or player will suffer very heavyly. Aggressive: +30 crime PER TURN if crime rate is above 150 AND + 40 crime PER TURN if city is bigger than 15.
Also some bad traits have good things too, Cruel + wonder prod, and espionage, etc.
- Henry VIII, Hirohito: Protective and Cruel, -2 crime if crime is bigger than pop ×10, and +2 crime is crime is bigger than pop x15 (-2 kicks in earlier, so with other crime factors they will only cancel each other out)
- Ivan IV: Aressive/cruel also much crime.
- Churchill: Charismatic, foreign, +1 happiness, -1 happiness.
- Macdonald: Expansive, Excessive, +4 health, -2 health.
And so on

I know is is hard to design good traits, and balance them, but I think the traits now are in very early alpha state (I almost hate choosing leaders). Is anyone working on them to improve it?

Does anyone else think that the 3 trait system is very unbalanced at it's present state?
Eg.
- Arrogant is a "bad" trait by name, but in effect is is a very good one. Max 6 turns of anarchy is a very good thing especially with slower speeds.
- Some good traits also have bad effects, eg. Agressive causes crime, so some leaders have "more bad than good". Eg. with Genghis Khan or Geronimo the AI or player will suffer very heavyly. Aggressive: +30 crime PER TURN if crime rate is above 150 AND + 40 crime PER TURN if city is bigger than 15.
Also some bad traits have good things too, Cruel + wonder prod, and espionage, etc.
- Henry VIII, Hirohito: Protective and Cruel, -2 crime if crime is bigger than pop ×10, and +2 crime is crime is bigger than pop x15 (-2 kicks in earlier, so with other crime factors they will only cancel each other out)
- Ivan IV: Aressive/cruel also much crime.
- Churchill: Charismatic, foreign, +1 happiness, -1 happiness.
- Macdonald: Expansive, Excessive, +4 health, -2 health.
And so on

I know is is hard to design good traits, and balance them, but I think the traits now are in very early alpha state (I almost hate choosing leaders). Is anyone working on them to improve it?

Can you do me a favor and post this in the TRAITS thread, thx.

Had it been reported?
Im on v27 download ver, using landmark and name cities for the nearby landmark and it was working.
My city was automatically named in reference to the bay next tile to it.
I haven't try to make a new city yet but right now the landmark name is stop displaying (noticed this when the bay name, next to my new city, disappear and im sure i made no change in the option before).

Edit

Found out a landmark on the next few turns. Settle there and the naming was right. But the bay name (next to my previous city) is still not displaying :/. Having trouble to take a screenshot btw, printscreen + alt is keep taking my browser picture eventhough i printscreen-alted it on my activ CIV window..

Black Tile Solution

Maybe need to look into the Pakbuilds ... are some of them old and unchanged? Maybe redo them all may solve the problem.

Well, the suggestion has been mentioned in the past. Maybe this time something will be done about it...:mischief:
Seriously, I know that what was done was to try to reduce loading times, but adding a few minutes to the load times is FAR better than some arcane ritual each time you try to start the mod, and then not having it work anyway.

Iron Works wonder is no longer a wonder, but buildable in multiple cities. WAD?

The Biodome wonder doesnt seem to create any animals...

Black Tile Solution

Hope you posted this in the Black Tile thread too. It needs to be kept from getting drowned out in everything else that hits this thread.

JosEPh

Had it been reported?
Im on v27 download ver, using landmark and name cities for the nearby landmark and it was working.
My city was automatically named in reference to the bay next tile to it.
I haven't try to make a new city yet but right now the landmark name is stop displaying (noticed this when the bay name, next to my new city, disappear and im sure i made no change in the option before).

Edit

Found out a landmark on the next few turns. Settle there and the naming was right. But the bay name (next to my previous city) is still not displaying :/. Having trouble to take a screenshot btw, printscreen + alt is keep taking my browser picture eventhough i printscreen-alted it on my activ CIV window..

Same bug. Sometimes, landmark disappear. But if I reload, they will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom