What are you watching on YouTube now ?

The magic of the digital world.

That makes my brain bleed.
What an incredible effort!

Definitely sped up the video playing Minecraft in Minecraft at 1 hertz.
The players on the controller are just a blur. :lol:

Probably the best possible achievement for Minecraft I'd say. (for computer scientists)

Sorry that i have to laugh ;)
Watching some random guy talking 2 hours about why you should stop playing games, ofc not a bigger waste of time than playing something. Totally not.
Investing two hours to overcome an addiction that can steal 2000 hours could be helpful.

I thought his tier system (the best and worst games was thought provoking too)

It typically recommends things based on your likes, subscriptions and last 1000 views. I don't know how using a VPN might skew that.
I know it’s going to take a while for YouTube to notice that “no, I don’t want to see The Quarterling”. I just end up binging on wholesome history, Be Amazed, and City Skyline videos.

You can also click on videos to tell YT that you're not interested and delete them from your feed. Often, you can blacklist whole channels this way.

You can also click on videos to tell YT that you're not interested and delete them from your feed. Often, you can blacklist whole channels this way.
I'm going to have to look into that since I've been binging on City Skylines let's play videos to purge my viewing history :crazyeye:

You can also delete videos in your viewing history directly. :)

I am not sure the t shirts are so bad, but it is a funny story from the outside.

Less high-fructose corn syrup, for one thing.

It's impossible to know how much is hyperbole and how much is a reflection of what their internal models are saying. But he is the assigned global expert on the topic, it's worth listening to. There are a few factoids in there that I found quite useful and worthy of fact checking

An interesting look back, for me. When I first got online (1997), I was a heavy user of Yahoo chat, usually through CheetahChat -- but in the early 2000s I discovered forums (3DO, CFC, etc) and switched to them. At some point YahooChat disappeared and I never noticed..

It's impossible to know how much is hyperbole and how much is a reflection of what their internal models are saying. But he is the assigned global expert on the topic, it's worth listening to. There are a few factoids in there that I found quite useful and worthy of fact checking
Just for your tracking enjoyment, booking 2023 inputs in the US, which will outbid many global competitors-- seed corn(evilcorps) up 33% over 2022. Pesticides/herbicides dry fertilizers up 50-66%. Nitrogen up 100%.

This wasn't how I wanted the trade war slump to go away. Trump's 1930s Dole was better. If this stays quiet, people will die unnecessarily. Direct food assistance needs to be on the menu. Now.

Which is fertilizer. Like he said. Miss the window, and it's closed.

I'm considering gambling on heavy storage. It's probably worth at least a hedge. Who knows what the pent-up Ukrainian stores are at, maybe they'll unleash? Those can keep the better part of a decade, whereas work windows for growing crops are usually a week to two weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks @Farm Boy .

Yeah, for me food prices are just going to go up. In regions with less infrastructure or development, it's going to become impossible. As you note, I can always just outbid everybody else when it comes to how much I get to eat. It's horrifying

Top Bottom