What films have you been watching? (XII/IB) - CFC's Dirty Dozen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely Anything was trite and not very funny. Simon Pegg gets god powers from aliens to see if the human race was redeemable and save it from destruction. He does stupid stuff along with everyone else involved and the movie stepped all over its own rules for the god power on several major plot points. It was one of Robin Williams final performances and it was surprisingly tame for the role he played (a talking dog) and missed all of his legendary improvisational skills.

I hate movies that are inconsistent with the rules of their universe.

#1000 has been reached (though double-posting to do that is not the done thing). In 15 hours, the honours will pass to Hobbs instead.

So we get a new thread?

There's a new movie on netflix called The Last Laugh. It's really funny, somewhat light hearted despite having some serious material about aging. It has a way over the hill chevy chase and richard dreyfus as retired comedians who decide to break out of the retirement home and go on tour. Pretty good stuff. Not quite as goofy or idiosyncratic as curb your enthusiasm but in the same vein in a lot of ways. Dreyfus hasn't aged well. I was surprised his real life age is only 71. He looks 15 years older. Chevy chase doesn't look that old, just chubbier.

#1000 has been reached (though double-posting to do that is not the done thing). In 15 hours, the honours will pass to Hobbs instead.
Technically it should go to hobbs anyway because it's already been established (by you) that if the last two posts are done by the same person it then goes to whomever made post #1001.
@hobbsyoyo go!

Well Hobbs had both #998 and #1001, so he's the appointed successor anyway. @hobbsyoyo You have eight hours left to start the new thread.

I'd give him more leeway. After all, #997 is this guy <---

Space Jam is on!

Solo.

Not that good. For all the money Star Wars makes, and all the effort put into the productions, why is it not possible for them to hire a writer?

Moderator Action: New thread created, this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom