What has Obama done for the economy?

I was talking about confidence and feelings of power and security. You're the one whose mind jumped to the male member.

You should have worded it differently. Yeah owning a gun gives me a warm sense security as well as a fun hobby.

I'd say the problem is that everyone thinks that way over there. so, yes, fundamentally, it is wrong. Possibly understandable, if you live in an area where you are likely to need one, but thats the problem.

What about for hunting, sporting purposes, Russian invasions and not necessarily just for personal defense?

Well, it must be pretty bad if people need guns to defend themselves. If the threat to their lives is that extreme then it must be at least worse than London.

I lived nearly 30 years in London. Burgled (once by 2 14yr. olds - they were caught). Never mugged. Couple of bar fights though, mostly my fault. Never saw any other violence other than a punch-up or two. And I lived in a tough area (Finsbury Park, near Arsenal stadium). At no time would having a gun been any use to me at all.

BTW Gooners (Arsenal fans) are wussies. You should have seen West Ham or Millwall vs. anybody in the 80's. Those were the days.:lol:

You should have worded it differently. Yeah owning a gun gives me a warm sense security as well as a fun hobby.

But I like the phrase I used. It's from the Simpsons. It's not my fault you've got penis on the brain!

But I like the phrase I used. It's from the Simpsons. It's not my fault you've got penis on the brain!

Hey, I'm a young man. If I'm not thinking about my gun then I'm thinking about my gun.;)

*golf clap*

whats droolings?

Involuntary emission of liquids from the corner of one's mouth while talking aimlessly.
Often experienced in inebriated people of a Gaelic persuasion.:lol:

I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Can you guess what I'm talking about? Can you?!?!

How many city-dwelling gun owners do you think have them for that purpose?

In the US? Plenty.

Is it as fundamentally wrong to want a gun for all of the above (hunting, target shooting, collecting, ect) than it is to want one for self-defense? Be you an urbanite or redneck? Is it fundamentally wrong to want a gun at all?

Involuntary emission of liquids from the corner of one's mouth while talking aimlessly.
Often experienced in inebriated people of a Gaelic persuasion.:lol:

It's never aimless; we always have a very good point, its just that we forget halfway throught the sentence...

What would life be without drink? We never would have got the courage to expel the Brits if we hadnt drunk for 800 years to get the courage up

In the US? Plenty of people.

Is it as fundamentally wrong to want a gun for all of the above (hunting, target shooting, collecting, ect) than it is to want one for self-defense? Be you an Urbanite or redneck? Is it fundamentally wrong to want a gun at all?

Yes, it is, if the ownership of them causes your country to have a massive murder rate with no corresponding benefit

Top Bottom