What Video Games Have You Been Playing XVII: REMAIN INDOORS!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
The music in both games is great.

"The Long Dark Main Theme" (I see it called "Wintermute" sometimes too)

"Crash Site"

Someone posted some stolen footage from The Last of Us II and there's been a lot of controversy around it. I've had to avoid most of it because of how spoiler-y it is but from the little information I've been able to gather, it appears people are butthurt that the game has an LGBTQ protagonist. But we already knew Ellie was gay from the first one so idk.

The music in both games is great.

"The Long Dark Main Theme" (I see it called "Wintermute" sometimes too)

"Crash Site"

Yes I think that the original theme is called "Wintermute" and the current theme is called "Crossroads Elegy", both named after the Episodes of the story they correspond to.

I will also say that I don't love the Star Wars-poster-like overlay splash that they are using for Crossroads Elegy. I mean it disappears after a while to just let you see the Community House landscape, but its cheezy and immersion breaking for me... especially since its basically an ad for Episode 3. I mean I can understand them using it around the time of the Episode 3 release, but enough already. It certainly should have gone away once I bought Episode 3. I also wish that there was an option to choose which opening theme you wanted to use, so I could switch back to Wintermute.

Civ 4 had an option like that... you could use any of the expansion opening music for the menu or the original "Baba Yetu" from vanilla, which is of course one of the most epic and iconic videogame themes of all time. I actually used to go with the Warlords theme "Al Nada" because it got me in the mood for conquering... of course Ironically, Al Nada is actually a love song, and it only sounds violent because of how they composed it.

Last edited:
The Long Dark just released a small update for Survival Mode: "Fearless Navigator"

Someone posted some stolen footage from The Last of Us II and there's been a lot of controversy around it. I've had to avoid most of it because of how spoiler-y it is but from the little information I've been able to gather, it appears people are butthurt that the game has an LGBTQ protagonist. But we already knew Ellie was gay from the first one so idk.
People who get upset about a queer character in a video game clearly aren't smart enough to remember the first game, so that tracks. :lol:

Civ 4 had an option like that... you could use any of the expansion opening music for the menu or the original "Baba Yet" from vanilla, which is of course one of the most epic and iconic videogame themes of all time. I actually used to go with the Warlords theme "Al Nada" because it got me in the mood for conquering... of course Ironically, Al Nada is actually a love song, and it only sounds violent because of how they composed it.

Baba Yet for life

I did a thing in hoi4:
upload_2020-5-20_14-42-47.png

South Africa underwent a peaceful revolution transferring power to the communists, leaving the Commonwealth and has led the struggle to liberate Africa from occupation by Fascist Italy and Vichy France.

I trust that you'll be trouncing the Iberian Union soon and have the northernmost of the Pillars of Hercules renamed as Gibralex?

Baba Yetu is the GOAT. But I must admit Sogno di Volare from Civ 6 is fantastic as well.

Agreed. Songo di Volare is indeed an epic theme and fits the franchise perfectly. Its fortunate that its so good because the loading time for Civ 6 is so goddamned long that you have to listen to the whole thing everytime you want to play :lol:

It is a real treat to see it performed by the orchestra and choir:

I trust that you'll be trouncing the Iberian Union soon and have the northernmost of the Pillars of Hercules renamed as Gibralex?

I attacked Portugal to liberate Angola and Mozambique, and then fascist Portugal for whatever reason declared war on Nationalist Spain, who had won the Spanish civil war, and were promptly annihilated, which was convenient for me because it let me annex the territory I'd occupied. Now Portugal is my Communist puppet state whose capital is Goa in India (the previous capital was Macau but I think that was captured by the Japanese at some point).

Anyway, the struggle ahead is going to be difficult. The Germans and Italians have each been boosted by 1 level of strength because they are weak as hell in this patch, and I needed the Italians to clear the British out of Africa completely so I could attack them from my original territory in South Africa, as otherwise any expansion would have required war against the Allies which isn't fun at this point in the game.

The Americans recently made a failed landing in northern Spain, and I expect more landings to come in Europe as the Soviets continue to bleed the Germans and I keep bleeding the Italians (and less importantly the French). Unlike in the real war, the Allied landing in Europe could be decisive this time because the Eastern Front is a bloody stalemate, with neither side making much progress. The Germans have advanced a little and only a few days after that screenshot they finally captured Kiev.

edit: we also liberated Palestine and Jordan from Italian occupation, and caught the Syrian border undefended by Vichy when they were brought into the war by Italy.

The really big challenge ahead (even bigger than the actual war) is going to be the fact that an Allied victory against the Axis will erase nearly all my territorial gains in Africa, with virtually everything being handed back to the British, French, and Belgians.

The Long Dark just released a small update for Survival Mode: "Fearless Navigator"

Have you tried it yet? :eek: The spraypaint is awesome!... so useful. And the new elevation dependent mapping is also nice. I've been wishing for exactly these features for some time :D.

I'm currently still in Milton and with all the buildings and cars, especially the ones where you can't lift the hood, the spraypaint is fantastic for remembering which ones you've already checked. It's also great for remembering which houses you've already looted. This is a great update/addition.

About the Milton wolves... I'm finding that's its easier to just stand your ground and stab/knife them to death. Its murder on your clothes and you have to spend a ton of time healing in between fights, as well as sewing your clothes back up. But you can actually survive, barely as long as you mash that mouse button like mad and only take on one wolf every couple of days. Most importantly, once you've killed off all the wolf patrols you can loot and hunt in relative peace for several days. Plus the wolf coat is a must so you're going to have to kill wolves at some point... might as well get started.

Agreed. Songo di Volare is indeed an epic theme and fits the franchise perfectly. Its fortunate that its so good because the loading time for Civ 6 is so goddamned long that you have to listen to the whole thing everytime you want to play :lol:

It is a real treat to see it performed by the orchestra and choir:

The Storm Driven Sea would have made a great song for the Vikings.

I somehow hadn't heard that song of his before. I am intrigued.

The theme for Australia in Civ 6 is so good that I listened to it out of the game for months after playing. :lol:

The Storm Driven Sea would have made a great song for the Vikings.
This reminds me of the "dark" opening for the Star Trek ENT alternate universe episodes "Into a Mirror Darkly" I and II... which incidentally, were easily the very best episodes of the series.

^ hasnt unlocked for me yet but if its CIv 6 I might as well sign up for stupid Epic games store. Its just too good to pass up

Been playing some Galaxy Reavers 2
Not bad little arena style game, major grip I have is that it uses the energy mechanic and I need to reached lvl 31 before Iam able to craft weapons that I want. So my fleet is just a total hodge podge of what ever purple and blue weapon, components the game gave me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tbreavers.galaxy&hl=en_AU

Last edited:
Whatever Civ VI downloaded today seems to be clashing with my huge pile o' mods. I neither want to go through the mods one-by-one, nor play Civ VI unmodded, so I guess I have to wait a while. I don't even know what the download was. Oh well. I guess I could, like, go outside or somethin'. :crazyeye:

The new season pass patch. Check the general forum if you care. I found the new patch really disappointing and the new content to just be mostly fluff. I do like Gran Colombia so that's something.

Is it a free update? The term "season pass" made me think that they were turning Civ into a subscription service to suck more money out of us ala my kids' Fortnite game.

In any case, I looked at some of the trailers and the first thing that struck me was the "Lady Six Sky" of Maya is just a shameless re-skin of Amanitore of Nubia, complete with staff/scepter, exact same body, and same movements. I hope they're not charging us for that.

EDIT: Ugh:cringe: I just checked... It's 40 bucks :rolleyes:

Obviously I'm going to buy it anyway because I'm a sucker for Civ, but what a pain :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom