Where is Poland?

Where is Poland?

• Total voters
For somebody who loudly proclaims their philosemitism, Domen, you sure do hate Jews.

Why do you misconstrue my views?
Trust me, I don't hate no Jews.
And seeing what pure love can do,
What need I have for hatred too?

Seems appropriate.

Adam Crock said:
(in polish : Dlaczego jesteś tak bardzo nadpobudliwy na punkcie żydów ? Często wydaje mi się , że przesadzasz, coś tu jest nie tak!)

Hmm, dobre pytanie. Parafrazując Olbrychskiego - może jestem psychicznym Żydem? :)

===================================

TheLastOne36 - thanks for that link, very interesting website (dzięki za ten link, bardzo ciekawa strona!).

In the immortal words of Tekee, Polish is Russian spoken by ducks.

I have a pretty good ear for Russian. But Polish just sounds wrong to my ears. Slovak sounds like complete gibberish (this is the madviking goes to the party at the Slovak embassy story) to me. Ukrainians can understand Russians but not the other way around, I think.

Adam Crock said:
About Polish language:
I would SO love to hear You guys read this sentence :

"W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie"

... oh god... ! That would be hilarious ! Even Poles have problems saying it right so don't worry It means : In "Szczebrzeszyn" (it's a crazy town name) beetle makes a sound in reed. I know it does not make sense but the sentence is just made up to be a tongue-breaker

I realize that the Polish language is tough to master ... and probably not worth it anyway (it is probably only second to Hungarian in difficulty - Nothing quite like it in the whole world.) And I just wanted to say - comparing Polish to Russian is like comparing two completely different continents

Here "chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie" spoken by Russian woman in 1:37 (fragment of some Russian soup opera - scene with Polish Mafia in Russia):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghimYdxRjt4#t=01m37s

Link to video.

Conclusion from this video - if you don't want to get raped by Polish Mafia in Russia (lol?!), you must say to them "chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie".

================================

Some Americans (the second guy - Dawson - actually said "Chrząszcz brzmi w Szczecinie" instead of "w Szczebrzeszynie" :)):

There is huge difference between these two cities!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczecin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczebrzeszyn

Link to video.

And one American guy with Polish ancestry (you can tell by his forehead):

Spoiler :

Right.

First question to ask with any medicine: what are its effects when taken with alcohol?

Second question: can you use it in the production of something interesting?

BTW - do you know what is the origin of the "drunk as a Pole" ("saoul comme un Polonais" / "soûl comme un Polonais" / "ivre comme un Polonais") phrase?

It originated during the Napoleonic Wars. Napoleon noticed that Polish soldiers were fighting very well even after drinking, while his French guys were fighting badly after drinking. He told them "I would like all of my soldiers to be drunk as these Poles" [rather than being drunk as they are].

Top Bottom