Which Christmas Do You Celebrate?

Which Christmas do you celebrate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for my wife, does it count?

For me, frigging money-grabbing season of the Whole Retail-business.

Better take the chance when it's uncovered...

My enthusiasm for the Steam Holiday Sale would indicate the former.

Commercial/Secular Christmas. It's mainly about hanging out with family and friends, getting a few days off work, and grossly overeating.

It looks like this year, I will be celebrating fossil fuels and their ability to keep my generator running.

Winter solstice plus family Xmas.
I don't like the comertial thing that Xmas are currently, I just "order" presents for my nephews and nieces

How on earth could anyone celebrate the commercial Christmas? Wallow in it, perhaps, but celebrate?

I celebrate Christmas, though I care as much about the birth of Jesus as I do the birth of Muhammad; what I'm celebrating is the mythical meaning of Christmas, the peace on earth/good will toward men spirit, as well as the actual meaning of the Solstice -- the promise of spring, the victory of light and life over darkness. I do go to church on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, because I like the idea of keeping faith with ancestors.

I also did it so I can urge protestants to keep the Mass in Christ's Mass if I hear one whinge about keeping Christ in Christmas. I've never had the opportunity, but it would be fun. ;)

Christmas didn't begin that way. It started as just a day to celebrate the day Jesus came to Earth, then later the mass came into in, but not at the beginning.

Just a simple holiday poll to see which Christmas (if you even celebrate it at all) you observe. Basically, here in the US we really have two types of Christmas: Commercial Christmas and Religious Christmas.

Neither, I celebrate semi-secular Polish Christmas. Couldn't & didn't vote.

That is why the others really need an airing of grievances.

Was wondering when someone would mention Festivus. My first thought upon seeing the thread title.

That actually only took until the eighth post.

Ahh I missed it.

I guess it's commercial for me. But I don't like that poll option. In reality it's about spending time with family. Yes we exchange presents, but to me, the most special part is the family being together like it was when I was a kid. There should be a poll option for this. I was raised with Christian values, but I am not Christian.

Non-religious winter solstice celebration.
Since I don't spent a lot of money, I wouldn't call it "commercial".

In fact, today I heard the term "romantic christmas" about the cozy non-religious family gathering. I think it fits very well.

I celebrate religious christimas primarily, but since I live in the west, I'm not gonna fool anybody and say that the commercial aspect isn't a part of it as well. We give gifts, I bought something nice for my wife and other family members, but being together as a family (and eating a ton of TERRIBLE food) is the most important part.

Why do you eat terrible food? :(

He's saying his wife doesn't cook so good. :D

JK

Oooh. Can I come too? That's more like it, imo.

Though if you don't mind, I'll not be singing. You'll be grateful for that, I'm sure. If you've ever heard me sing before.

Yea, sure, you could. However, being a follower of Celtic faith also means a natural adoration for Nature, earth spirits, appreciation for the shelter Woods provide from overwhelming industrialization of our age, etc.

Although dancing around bonefire with some friendly people isn't hard to do :D

Unfortunately, it seems we all celebrate "cultural christmas" because "that bright star" in the story wasn't overhead in December, or even January or February of "that year", so it's all wrong, so whatever.

Yea, sure, you could. However, being a follower of Celtic faith also means a natural adoration for Nature, earth spirits, appreciation for the shelter Woods provide from overwhelming industrialization of our age, etc.

Although dancing around bonefire with some friendly people isn't hard to do

This is totally my sort of thing. Though I tend to the Anglo-saxon Wyrd as much as anything.

Voted on "commercial" because I'm not a hypocrite and I can't say that I'm celebrating religious this year - I used to in the past but not this year ;) Just because I've clicked "commercial" does not mean I got "shopping frenzy" and/or "decorating frenzy" - nothing like that - Above all I celebrate peacful Christmas - You know just relax, take it easy, eat the pie, be happy and just enjoy the time ;)

You know something like Valka D'Ur described ^^ Way to go Ms. Valka ^^

Top Bottom