Which movies have you watched? XVI - This title not included in your subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Sir, as a gentleman I must advise you that I find your observation to be unacceptable.

Bale's Batman was blank slatey enough to let his villians shine. Which was metagood, but not really good as such.

"ooooh, I'm a growly ninja, rwarrrrrrr."

The White Tiger on Netflix. Excellent even if not very flattering about India.

The book was great. Read the book. I'm considering adding it to my queue.

mel Gibson in the Edge of Darkness or something . ı really feel better in movies some of bad guys find an unhappy end ; doesn't happen that much in real life .

The White Tiger on Netflix. Excellent even if not very flattering about India.
OMG! So good! I find myself always liking movies with Indian casts/stars, Life of Pi, Slumdog Millionaire, etc., and this one did not disappoint.

Godzilla v. Kong - After three tries, I was finally was able to make it through the part I originally slept through, this time, without falling asleep... well... I fell asleep again, but my wife woke me up and made me watch it, so we can finally move on to the next movie. The Hong Kong battle between Godzilla and Kong was AWESOME (I'd already seen the fight with Mechagodzilla in the first viewing but I'd slept through the Godzilla v. Kong part)... glad I went back to watch it. Its funny because rewatching part of the film, my wife and I kept pointing out plot issues, etc.,... but then quickly dismissing it with a "C'mon... of all the stuff going on... that's what you're hung up on??" How did Kong know how to pop his shoulder back in? How did Godzilla blast, then scream all the way to the center of the earth?... It doesn't matter :nope:... you sit down to watch a movie called "Godzilla v. Kong", you give up any right to complain about realism or plot holes:yup: They promised muthafreaking Godzilla versus muthafreaking Kong... and they delivered.

Bale's Batman was blank slatey enough to let his villians shine. Which was metagood, but not really good as such.

"ooooh, I'm a growly ninja, rwarrrrrrr."
I thought Bale was a pretty good Bruce Wayne... his Batman was meh. The thing I liked about the Bale Batman movies though, is that they really lean hard into the notion that Batman is basically a really rich overequipped ninja, in an overly elaborate, ostentatious costume.

I thought Bale was a pretty good Bruce Wayne... his Batman was meh. The thing I liked about the Bale Batman movies though, is that they really lean hard into the notion that Batman is basically a really rich overequipped ninja, in an overly elaborate, ostentatious costume.

"Bankban and robbers".

Best of both worlds. Get a rich character with explanation and backstory and motivation for the action sequences, a hero you want to win, but he stays boring enough to let the villains take the spotlight. The conglomerate movies are a little different, then the villian that requires the heroes to combine into Captain Planet needs a backstory and to be cool, sure, but the personality is then the interplay between the heroes, they need to be more emotive. Think purple bad and big green mean. They'd be terrible in their own standalone together, they'd be backwards. Right?

I didn't care for Bale's Batman, either. I mean, he was fine, he did the job, and it was other aspects of those films that made them worth watching, anyway. I think I mentioned in the other thread that I haven't really loved any of the live-action Batmen since Adam West, who was doing a parody. Except for West and Kevin Conroy in Batman: The Animated Series, they've all been unsatisfying. Netflix's Daredevil is the evolution of Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, and features a well-developed hero and villain (and proves that the Batman character could be done well). Daredevil benefits from being a series rather than individual feature films, in terms of developing its characters. Heath Ledger's Joker was supposed to be an enigma, so putting him in a film worked better than he would have in a series. His lack of a story was part of his story.

Don't forget to watch Batman and Robin. :mischief:

That's the one with the nipples, right?

this last Marvel one in which the Alien person caused a rapture stuff . Was not surprised at all to see Captain America anointed as a god .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom