1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Workers of the World!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Plotinus, May 30, 2007.

1. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

By god, though I can only reitterate what everyone has already said, I want to thank you for making some of the greatest units I've seen in a while (or ever, for that matter). Almost all of these will be getting a place reserved for them in my epic game!

The prospecter looks awesome, one of my favorites of the pack...I'm tempted to take the San Francisco map, add him as '49er unit, place a sh**load of gold in the hills surrounding San Fran, and make a cultural victory mod out of it...but then again, it may lack any substance at all and be one of the lamest scenarios ever created. But damn it, I shall try!!! :D

I also have to comment on the greatness of the Meso-American, Egyptian, Native American, and Indian worker. They're all extremely good looking!!! The Roman, African, Satyr also look gre....you know what, they all kick major arse! ;)

Now, if only we had that Southeast Asian worker... :hmm: ;)

As well as the hymn of Communist China, Vietnam, Korea, Germany, and any other nation that was engulfed in the commy movement during the Second World War/Cold War. But I guess the name of the song already implies that...I have a German version of this song on my computer.

2. The Tuna Bomber

The Tuna Bomber Shocking Beyond Belief

Those are great! Only thing to make them better would be for the prospector to have an attack animation, that way hes also a industrial era scout

3. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

thats actually not a terrible idea...an attack with an old Winchester rifle would suit that guy just nicely...shoot them looters who been pannin on his claim

4. Orthanc

Orthanc Shipwright

As we all know, workers make or break (in lack there of) a Civ, even more so than Nukes (for deliverer or recipient!). More than most revolutions have been about workers, so it is natural that each culture (perhaps even civ) should have their own unique worker to really express this difference.

Thank you Plotinus for giving us this needed variety. I've always played with different kinds of workers, now I can really make them unique from eachother. Bravo on another impressive unit set! See you in Unit of the Month!

:thumbsup:

5. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

I third that one! If the Prospector was given a winchester or somesuch rifle, he's going into the FF mod as the "Citizen Militia". Even as is, he may be going in as the new European type human worker (for civs that have a european flavor and aren't dwarves, elvaan, etc).

Excellent work, BTW ;):goodjob:

6. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Super Moderator

I have to admit that the Prospector is my favourite so far too, which is why I've entered him into the Unit of the Month competition. I think a Californian Gold Rush scenario would be great fun, and I'm tempted to make a shotgun attack for him ("Get off my land!" etc). Maybe it'll happen.

7. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

Prospector is my fave too. He'd be perfect for the Farmers in EFZI2 if he had a shotgun. Excellent work on all the others.

8. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

These are amazing - can someone tell me, or link to the suitable thread, that tells me how to modify the main in game graphics, to these guys?

9. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

Such a scenario could really use the historic Californian LH I suggested a while back. (New image there).

10. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

They're brilliant. Thank you!

11. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

Abbadon, look at a thread at the top of the units sub-forum, its stickied :)

12. KrugerPritz

KrugerPritz King

13. Exoticpollution

Exoticpollution Chieftain

These are really nice. I love seeing a bunch of nice units with a few reserved posts beneath them.

But I do hope that the workers of the world don't unite; that would make for one boring Civ game.

14. Gary Childress

Gary Childress Student for and of life

Wow Plotinus! This is unbelievably great stuff! I hope you do modern/industrial age versions as well!

15. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

This... is... just.. great!! :eek: Thanks a lot!

16. woodelf

woodelf Bard

These are terrific Plotinus. :goodjob:

17. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

Darn! :wow:

18. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

You ROCK Plotinus. Rock. Thank you!

ШФЯКЗЯS ФF THЗ ШФЯLD UNITЗ!

19. Balam-Agab

Balam-Agab God King

They look great!

Good Job.

20. beboy

beboy Ut tensio sic vis

Great job Plotinus !!! :goodjob: These were most needed and and I can see a lot of uses for them!! Thanks!