Extinct Animals

one smaller and if you have time one bigger, i have no problem if the tile tile overlaps terrain (graphically speaking)....also the larger one at a different view point. thank you.

ps: ( king julien's voice ) i am watching the penguins of madagascar a fourth time, and i am laughing to death, is there anybody outthere who could create those units ?? if not the SKY SPIRITS will descend UPON you....:scared:

: ( king julien's voice ) i am watching the penguins of madagascar a fourth time, and i am laughing to death, is there anybody outthere who could create those units ?? if not the SKY SPIRITS will descend UPON you....:scared:
Moderator Action: This question would be better asked in either its own thread or in the units request thread.

But you are interested in your girlfriend. Clearly something could be arranged… would you trust her if we left her alone with Poser?

oh man really, nice and candly job of you to create those units. oerhaps they could be smaller so we could have a roger, a cangoroo, the whole line?? maybe you have time to create them.good luck. :thumbsup:

hey, in the original post Supa, you have the aquatic brachiosaur as just an image, was wondering if that was going to go anywhere or if you would change into something like a plesiosaur/nessie?

and the mammoths are awesome

Side note: many scholars believe that the North American mammoths died out near the end of the last ice age, however this is not the case. a small poplulation still make their home in and near New York city; this species is more intelligent than their elephant cousins and are capable of utilizing human languages; they are more commonly known as the Snuffleupagus.

hey, in the original post Supa, you have the aquatic brachiosaur as just an image, was wondering if that was going to go anywhere or if you would change into something like a plesiosaur/nessie?

Still pretty much just a preview. It'll eventually get made. If a Nessie is needed, I'd rather start from a Plesiosaur model than a Brachiosaur.

Still pretty much just a preview. It'll eventually get made. If a Nessie is needed, I'd rather start from a Plesiosaur model than a Brachiosaur.

... Well, a Nessie WOULD be kind of cool ...

-:Dz

Since Nessie doesn't even exist ;) then we could just use the Plesiosaur as a placeholder.

Macrauchenia

Macrauchenia was a South-American mammal, first appearing in fossil record 7 millions years ago and disappearing only 20 000 years ago. That makes it one of the few South-American families to survive the great American interchange.

Woolly Macrauchenia

Although Macrauchenia lived in an environment akin the modern african savanna, I've taken the liberty to produce a woolly version. Blame James Gurney. It was also the occasion to play again with the Hair Room (or how to lose tons of CPU cycles for a barely noticeable effect).

Download
Model by Smith Micro.

i cannot beleve my eyes GREAT JOB.....GREAT ARTIST....WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

ps extraordinary unit, very sensible created, simply superb....go on man, go on :eek:

Great stuff, I've never even heard of these guys before, though they look like Tapirs of today a bit.

I love the coloration on that brown guy :)

Aren't there some included with Play the World?

Thanks for the comments.

RickFGS & Takhisis > There were a Deinonychus and a "Raptor" in PTW extra. I've got no plan for a dromaeosauridae for the moment but it's not impossible I'll do some in the future.

Great stuff, I've never even heard of these guys before, though they look like Tapirs of today a bit.

They definitely not fan-favorites. I don't know why I have a soft spot for them - they haven't appeared in any fiction I remember of. I suppose they did appear in one of the [many] prehistoric books I got my hands on when I was a child.

By the way, the short trunk makes them look like a tapir, but that's where it ends. The Macraucheniidae family (or its order, the Litopterna for that matters), left no modern descendant. Also, they're not particularly close to the tapirs.

By the way, the short trunk makes them look like a tapir, but that's where it ends. The Macraucheniidae family (or its order, the Litopterna for that matters), left no modern descendant. Also, they're not particularly close to the tapirs.

Yeah, but the tapir unit in the database looks like it could be a predecessor to the Macrauchenia, even if it actually isn't. This suggests that in an 'Evolution' mod, for example, the Tapir could be plausibly used as an early Mammal type, which upgrades to Macrauchenia, which then upgrades to dog/horse/elephant... it's all about suggesting the real evolutionary paths without having to actually make each & every step. You've probably already thought of that.

Interesting. Suggests an ape -proto-human - human parallel upgrade path as well. So I guess at some point you'll reduce your Kongs down to real-world size.....? We don't have any apes or gorillas as yet, though there is a Yeti somewhere....

BTW, the fur looks great to me.. very nice! They're both amazing, Supa. You're the King of this type of modeling, no doubt.

methinks that if you would have the bison 3d object you could easily remix a lot of new animals like the extinct long horn bison, the ur, and so on on....i would have some need for a gaur (bos gaurus), the largest animal in the cow family, and the gaurus will fit very well in the asian mod made by shiro...maybe you spend some time with this...it would be formidable....:)

Top Bottom