Jurassic Park: 65 Million Years in the Making...

Hi Balthasar. ;)

I confirm I still have it. In fact, I've got two versions, one dated from February 1st 2009 and the second from 29 March 2009. I don't know why specifically I've kept two versions but I used to do it with EfZI2 and FfH2 so I could keep track of the changes over the versions and sometimes go back to a favorite.

If needed, I think I can upload the mod. However, it could be the chance for LM to patch it before releasing the mod again. :)
Please, please reupload it. If LM doesn't update it then it may be lost forever.

Please, please reupload it. If LM doesn't update it then it may be lost forever.

Ok then.

I slightly updated the scenario, merely fixing the obvious following bugs.

Bugs:
Ellie Sattler, Alan Grant, Ian Malcolm, Donald Gennaro, Tim Murphy, Lex Murphy can't upgrade. Their 'Upgrade Unit' checkboxes aren't checked.
Robert Muldoon can't bombard: Operational Range of 0.
Ankylosaurus upgrades to Plateosaurus, Stegosaurus to Triceratops, Torosaurus to Robert Muldoon.
Anklyosaurus should be spelled Ankylosaurus.
Armed Artillery with a cost of 0.

Feedback/Suggestions:

Am I supposed to be able to build railroads ? It don't think that should be in this particular scenario. Right after I captured the Allosaurus Pen, I saw a railroad next to the location. I guess the Captured workman built it.

I don't know how to build a Supply Boat in the Dock. I control the Dock, I have 'The Dock' resource but I don't have any boat to build. I can't see anything wrong in the BIQ. Perhaps the lake is not large enough to allow sea-unit to be built ? I don't remember the limit, maybe the lake needs a few more tiles. In my current scenario, post-win, it seems I can't build the boat in the East-Dock. The Dock (location) has been destroyed but I built a Cache on it. The cache is connected by road (and railroad) to the East dock. [..] Okay, I see it now. 'Jurassic Park' Civ starts with no starting techs. It should start with 'InGen'. Same things for Humanity, The Dinosaurs and Biosyn.

And made the changes LM talked about in this thread :

This [Temporary H.Q. cost] has been halved.

Successfully changed. They [Workman] now have a meager attack of 4, and a pitiful defense of 1. Hopefully this will help! :)

None other change were made, not even adding my JP leaderheads. I hope to see a new version of this great scenario in the future. :)

The scenario
Newest fixed biq (27th March 2012)

Indeed.

LM is still around but posting seems to be infrequent. The last three are the beginning of this month, Jan & last October. Better to have it now than take the risk of it being such a long time - if ever - that LM replies.

If I recall correctly, doesn't the dock autoproduce supply boats?
Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the Jurassic Park faction cannot build any military units that I can remember, giving them a huge disadvantage. Also, if someone were to remake this scenario, I would probably recommend splitting the dinos into herbivores and carnivores, with only the carnivores at war with everyone else.

If I recall correctly, doesn't the dock autoproduce supply boats?

There isn't any human GW for the Docks. Supply boats were always meant to be built but a bug didn't allowed it. It is now fixed and you can build Supply Boat once you've captured the Dock (needs 'The Docks' resource to be built).

Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the Jurassic Park faction cannot build any military units that I can remember, giving them a huge disadvantage.

You should be now be able to build Workman (4.1.1) from the start. Conscript needs Shell. When I first played, InGen couldn't build a single A/D unit up until you've got shell.

About that: there is another bug I've just seen. The Workman can be built by the Dinosaurs. It is now fixed.

Also, if someone were to remake this scenario, I would probably recommend splitting the dinos into herbivores and carnivores, with only the carnivores at war with everyone else.

LM's call, although it works very well like this.

Also, if someone were to remake this scenario, I would probably recommend splitting the dinos into herbivores and carnivores, with only the carnivores at war with everyone else.
Herbivores could be barbarians with 0 attack ability - around & a nuisance but not a threat. Would be a lot simpler to implement than creating a whole new faction. Would get basically the same results.

That sounds like a decent solution,BlueMonkey, but given these are dinosaur units and can probably kill you by accident just by stepping on you, it doesn't seem quite right!:lol: Maybe a little attack strength would be in order?

All right, I tried it a couple of times as the JP faction. The first time I had it set way too high in difficulty, and got squelched. I lasted longer the second time, but it is still really, really hard! Some points:

1. Muldoon still can't bombard; he doesn't have the bombard box checked on the right hand side.

2. Does the JP faction have something to see invisible units? If not, we might want to add that somehow. Muldoon might make a good candidate.

3. I was not able to build any roads on the plains, I don't see why that is in the BIQ file. Any ideas on what I am missing?

4. I definitely agree with the idea of not requiring shells for the upgrades, unless one is added up North somewhere. Requiring everyone to get to the Underground Bunker is way too hard! All the high end units will still require it anyway, but you need the upgraded units to be able to get there in the first place.

5. I've yet to get Alan and the kids out alive, I never seem to be able to take The Docks, and the other cities in that area are just too hard. How to manage it?

The AI kept sending hordes of raptors through the mountains to that square just to the west of the Visitor's Center. I stopped that by puting Hammond there. Most of the cities are limited to 2-3 population because of the low food situation in most areas. I guess that makes sense, but it is hard to make workmen without a food surplus.

I do want to thank Supa for posting the DL, I had wanted to try this one a few times, but it had been removed by the time I saw this thread. Definitely fun on the bun! :cool:

One additional point that I forgot before: If anyone is going to play with this one or try to update it, the costs of the wonders needs to be looked at. Given the food/luxury situation here, popultions are low, and production is also very low as a result. 1000 shields for some of the wonders could take over half the scenario to finish! I changed a few numbers and will try them out to see if they are more reasonable. You don't want the AI clogging up it's production with some of those monster wonders.

If anyone wants to try and MOD this and re-upload it, that would be awesome. I kind of lost stuff on my computer, so I'm going to have to dig around and find the lost files, which could take a bit, as I'm seriously busy with school and the likel

Just a quick bump. I got a request to reupload this, but my files have long about been destroyed by a virus. Does anyone have this mod? I'd really like to get it back into circulation! :)

Top Bottom