Models

With an elf archer on top. Not Steampunk. That, my friend, is FANTASY. Made me think of MtG, D&D and Vingilot in a couple seconds. As well as Xcalibur for some reason.

P.S. be careful with that site, might be virus'd.

The model is obviously independent of the elf on the preview. :p

Give the wings a textile texture rather than wood and you've got a somewhat relevant late 17th/early 18th sci-fi flying machine.

I mean, Gusmao's Passarola airship (1709) wasn't that fly-worthy either.

As for its relevance to a steampunk mod, it depends on how far back the team is willing to start with its starting units. At worse, it might inspire someone to start a prequel. ;-)

PS: Why would the site contain a virus ?

Give the wings a textile texture rather than wood and you've got a somewhat relevant late 17th/early 18th sci-fi flying machine.
And with metal textures it would fit in with later developments.

There are certainly various other types of flying craft beyond steam-powered. If Cavorite can be used to reach the Moon & and Barsoomian fliers use some mysterious energy source along with sails then this vehicle is equally justifiable. There are plenty of unexplored possibilities for non-European steampunk units. With a brass / gold texture could easily see it as a vimana. If nothing else using it as the gondola for a balloon would make an interesting unit. Thanks for the suggestion.

And now we've got a thread where people can post links to other models. Maybe some enterprising unit maker will take up the challenge(s).

Seriously, that site gets me a virus alert every time I open it.

Seriously, that site gets me a virus alert every time I open it.

Didn't get anything and I download two archives from the website. I'll make a full sweep just in case.

And now we've got a thread where people can post links to other models. Maybe some enterprising unit maker will take up the challenge(s).

That's why I kept a general title. Feel free to modify it to something more eye-catchy, though.

Found some pics of Claudia Schiffer…

I don't remember if Tom got the chance to do all the Barsoom beasts, but there are two Poser models at Daz3D, not free I'm afraid.

If someone found a stash of gold recently and don't have anything better to do with it than buying 3D models, there are available here :
Martian Steed for 23$
Martian Hound for 20$
Bundle of both for 37$

I don't report not-free models but these are quite on the spot.

I don't have the ability to buy online, but I'd be happy to send cash to the buyer, as long as I don't have to pony up the entire amount.

BTW, this image of the Thoat is truest to the descriptions of it in the books:

From A Princess of Mars:

..it was entirely devoid of hair, but was of a dark slate color and exceeding smooth and glossy. Its belly was white, and its legs shaded from the slate of its shoulders and hips to a vivid yellow at the feet. The feet themselves were heavily padded and nailless, which fact had also contributed to the noiselessness of their approach..​

The thoat in the picture is a Great Thoat, which is ridden mostly by Tharks & stands 10' at the shoulders. Regular thoats (those normally ridden by humans) are shorter, with a normal height of only 6 feet.

I also have a model to contribute to this thread - the Time Machine (1960 movie version), which comes from a confidential source:

View attachment timemachine.rar

If anyone wants to get really ambitious, we would love to have a 'space race victory' movie, featuring this Time Machine, for the Lost Worlds scenario.

Attachments

• 93250.jpg
    93250.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 212
My first thought: "What if Sergei Eisenstein filmed Lone Wolf And Cub?"

Either the imagination is warped beyond repair or it's time to start writing a Pynchon-style steampunk novel.

@ Supa - every link to something interesting is needed.
:coffee:

Top Bottom