Welcome To Our Worlds

FWIW, When you do decide to go BETA with this, I would be happy to sign up for some testing. I don't know anything about graphics though, so I am not much use as far as making things for it. :( If nothing else, I want to try this just to see how all those units I see Vuldacon using in his EFZI2 get used, and the attempt at haivng multiple maps worked into one is very interesting. It's things like this that make me wish they had done more with Civ 2: Test of Time, or Call to Power; both of those games had multiple tier maps and they worked fine. I am especially wondering how the AI will handle needing certain resources to get to various areas of the map. This scenario looks to be very, very fun. :lol:

FWIW, When you do decide to go BETA with this, I would be happy to sign up for some testing. I don't know anything about graphics though, so I am not much use as far as making things for it. :( If nothing else, I want to try this just to see how all those units I see Vuldacon using in his EFZI2 get used, and the attempt at haivng multiple maps worked into one is very interesting. It's things like this that make me wish they had done more with Civ 2: Test of Time, or Call to Power; both of those games had multiple tier maps and they worked fine. I am especially wondering how the AI will handle needing certain resources to get to various areas of the map. This scenario looks to be very, very fun. :lol:
Thanks for the interest, Sasebo. Multi-tier maps would sure make things like Hollow Earth a lot easier.

I know, and the fact that they did it in Civ 2, but never used it in Civ 3 was very disappointing. Though I think it might have been due to different companies being involved. I hate it when the bean counters get in the way and mangle a franchise. :(

It was more likely a memory issue, back then.

Yeah, they didn't remember how cool it was to have different maps to play in the same game. :lol:

But you have a point, Supa. My guess is that the ability to do that, as well as Wonder Movies, is somewhere in the game's programming; we just have to figure out how to make them work. I can't imagine that they handed the game to a programmer with the instruction: "make it do less".

I can't imagine that they handed the game to a programmer with the instruction: "make it do less".
OTOH there must be features - beyond those unfinished but embedded - that programmers & other parts of the team were not given time/resources to implement.

OTOH there must be features - beyond those unfinished but embedded - that programmers & other parts of the team were not given time/resources to implement.

Well, yes, of course. I'm not as down on the C3 creation team as a lot of others seem to be. I have a lot of respect for those people who had to set the first bar. My point really is that our job, on the other hand, is customization, and part of the fun of it is figuring ways around the programming.

Before my Great Crash I had a little bookmark library of Tricks and Tips I'd collected over time - from Civinator's 'Resource' Cities to Tom's Charmed Buildings. These are, literally, the tricks of our trade. I need to get more involved in the Wiki, so that these things are properly compiled.

But I also think there are still plenty of undiscovered horizons: for instance, I'd like to have a flc and a bik, each sized to the proportions of a Wonder Splash. I'd bet I could get one of them to work in-game...

[*]Intrigued? Can't decide what's up in the picture? wondering what's steampunk about it? Search using the scenario title & chemistry as terms for another clue.
[/LIST]

I thought Kekulé was a subtle nod to the moon crater, hinting at a Moon Conquest Scenario. I'm clueless about the picture and how it relates to the chemist.

Aw, don't be so mysterious.

Top Bottom