Western US (Old West) Map & Terrain

All eagles are bald.

Yeah, but we're talking about an AMERICAN BALD EAGLE here buddy boy; blackish-brown back and breast; a white head, neck, and tail; and yellow feet and bill. This majestic creature stands three feet tall and has a wingspan better than 7 feet wide. It is at the top of the food chain.

Which is exactly what I meant. ;)

Bald=no hair.

Bald also means (according to the free dictionary, I don't have an English one at home) : Lacking a natural or usual covering.

Beside, an old meaning of bald is actually white headed.. thus American Bald Eagle. Nothing to do with a lack of hair. ;)

The Bald Eagle however is primarily found in the vicinity of water, therefore would be found mainly in coastal areas. The common inland eagle in the West is the Golden Eagle, slightly smaller than the Bald Eagle and also at the top of the food chain.

The Golden Eagle and the Bold American Eagle have a quite different plumage. Which one is needed ? Both is also an option, but I'd prefer it if was a mod/scenario oriented decision. ;-)

I like the whale image.

(Is it bald?)

The Golden Eagle and the Bold American Eagle have a quite different plumage. Which one is needed ? Both is also an option, but I'd prefer it if was a mod/scenario oriented decision. ;-)

Aluminum made a pretty good Golden Eagle some time ago, apparently an AOK conversion. Tom also made a nice Eagle, taking the tail off of an Ancient Eagle conversion. What we don't have is an American Bald Eagle. It's definitely a mod oriented decision.

Giant Eagle D&D Mystra

I've found in D & D Mystra
lacks the white head.

Wotan49
:coffee:
300 Post

Attachments

• Giant Eagle D&D Mystra.gif
    Giant Eagle D&D Mystra.gif
    69.5 KB · Views: 542
Here`s some of my input you have been needing!!!

I Think that for scouts should be replaced by mountain men.

While fortresses should called rendezvouses.

Fort Cheyanne was a major rendezvous.

Any questions about other topics please PM me!

Hi Caseyboy,
I've been letting Civ Army's Voyageur , Sandris' Coureur de Bois, and the AoK Hunter all take turns trying to fill that role in my mod, but I agree with you that a real Mountain Man would be more accurate to the era. You picked a good pic for it.

More importantly: Rendezvous!

I've been trying to remember that word for months! This would be my Northwestern Civ's equivalent to the Rodeo, the Fiesta and the PowWow. I'd heard about the Rendezvous some time ago - saw a TV show, I think - but could never remember the word for it. Good work!

found this description for it, which I like:

The tradition of the rendezvous was started by General William Ashley's men of the Rocky Mountain Fur Company in 1825. What began as a practical gathering to exchange pelts for supplies and reorganize trapping units evolved into a month long carnival in the middle of the wilderness. The gathering was not confined to trappers, and attracted women and children, Indians, French Canadians, and travelers. Mountain man James Beckworth described the festivities as a scene of "mirth, songs, dancing, shouting, trading, running, jumping, singing, racing, target-shooting, yarns, frolic, with all sorts of extravagances that white men or Indians could invent." An easterner gave his view: "mountain companies are all assembled on this season and make as crazy a set of men I ever saw." There were horse races, running races, target shooting and gambling. Whiskey drinking accompanied all of them.

2. What were the most important Forts and/or Trading posts in the American West? I've identified Laramie (Wyoming), Walla Walla (Washington), Bent's Fort (Colorado), and Defiance (Arizona) as the top five Forts. Am I right?

Laramie is incorrect.

Fort Cheyanne was much more important than Laramie.

The others are good.

Laramie is incorrect.

Fort Cheyanne was much more important than Laramie..

Fort Cheyenne, where? The only one I get on google is near Las Vegas. Laramie was a critical point on the Oregon Trail, and was the only military outpost in a hostile 800 sq mil area. You'll have to make your case for that, Casey.

Top Bottom