2012 NFL Offseason

As a minimally educated guess, Cleveland and San Francisco.
Cleveland is currently planning to draft Tannehill.
And reports say that the Faguars aren't interested in Tebow.
Shahid Khan is, but their GM isn't. Khan has stated that he would have overridden the FO to draft Tebow if he had been the owner during the 2010 draft.

I don't get it, Peyton. Titans or 49s made more sense.

Cleveland is currently planning to draft Tannehill.

I don't understand why. Not without trading down first anyway. Tannehill is not a 4th pick QB. The difference between him and McCoy is not worth the price difference -- assuming Cleveland has receivers who can catch in the first place.

I don't understand why. Not without trading down first anyway. Tannehill is not a 4th pick QB. The difference between him and McCoy is not worth the price difference -- assuming Cleveland has receivers who can catch in the first place.
All true. But since when have you known the Browns to make intelligent decisions?

The weirdest thing is that it seems like Tannehill isn't even going to start for the team if they do draft him, but that they're going to have him compete in the preseason with McCoy and Seneca Wallace. That's possibly the least intimidating group of quarterbacks I've ever seen.

All true. But since when have you known the Browns to make intelligent decisions?

The weirdest thing is that it seems like Tannehill isn't even going to start for the team if they do draft him, but that they're going to have him compete in the preseason with McCoy and Seneca Wallace. That's possibly the least intimidating group of quarterbacks I've ever seen.

Challenge accepted?

'05 Lions:
- Joey Harrington
- Jeff Garcia
- Dan Orlovsky

Challenge accepted?

'07 Lions:
- Joey Harrington
- Jeff Garcia
- Dan Orlovsky
Jeff Garcia has had flashes of skill before, and even some truly decent seasons. You can't say the same about any of the Browns' QBs.

Jeff Garcia has had flashes of skill before, and even some truly decent seasons. You can't say the same about any of the Browns' QBs.

But this was '05 Jeff Garcia. It's was said in '05 that, of Harrington and Garcia, that one likes men and the other caviar (like there isn't wrong with liking either).

EDIT: '08 Lions QBs were probably worse: Orlovsky, Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Henson.

EDIT: '08 Lions QBs were probably worse: Orlovsky, Drew Stanton, Daunte Culpepper, Drew Henson.
Truly the foundation of a zero-win season. :p

To be fair, I believe Culpepper gets more flack than he should.

True. When you have one knee pretty much destroyed, you're probably not going
to come back completely from it.

Re Tebow to Browns - If there is one thing Tebow is not, it's a West Coast
system quarterback. And as long as Holmgren is in Cleveland, they'll be looking for
West Coast guys.

I'm not sold on McCoy being a flop (if you can call a 3rd round pick a flop). The Browns had a lot of drops last season: 43. The average drop rate last season was like 27. If you give McCoy 16 more catches, and give him the yards of his average completions he works out to an average NFL QB last season. Certainly not the guy who will take you to the SB, but not a backup either.

If the Browns want to contend, Tannehill is not a big enough upgrade over McCoy to justify the lost opportunity the 4th pick brings.

This post will look really stupid when Tannhell leads the Browns to the Superbowl in 2014.

I'm not sold on McCoy being a flop (if you can call a 3rd round pick a flop). The Browns had a lot of drops last season: 43. The average drop rate last season was like 27. If you give McCoy 16 more catches, and give him the yards of his average completions he works out to an average NFL QB last season. Certainly not the guy who will take you to the SB, but not a backup either.

If the Browns want to contend, Tannehill is not a big enough upgrade over McCoy to justify the lost opportunity the 4th pick brings.
Agreed. I think the lack of any competent receiver other than Greg Little is far more pressing.

David Garrard to the Dolphins on a one year contract.

John Clayton, he of the McCann Award, claims that the Chargers are not as well equipped to deal with the Manning Broncos as they were with the Manning Colts because the Broncos' rushing game is better than the Colts' was. His basis: the performance of Willis McGahee in a mediocre season in which his numbers went up pretty much solely because of the presence of Tim Tebow.

Ye gods. >.<

John Clayton, he of the McCann Award, claims that the Chargers are not as well equipped to deal with the Manning Broncos as they were with the Manning Colts because the Broncos' rushing game is better than the Colts' was. His basis: the performance of Willis McGahee in a mediocre season in which his numbers went up pretty much solely because of the presence of Tim Tebow.

Ye gods. >.<

Yup. If Denver doesn't draft a RB or sign a decent free agent, their running game
is going to be 2010 Colts putrid.

Top Bottom