2018 U.S election

Yeah there is some wild revisioning going on to attempt to spin this as a Republican win.

Did you expect anything different? The whole "Democrats will lose because of this" was nothing but concern trolling anyway...

Anyways, Florida looks to be decided within the margin of people Rick Scott disenfranchised.

In Georgia the Republican is up by 300,000 and he disenfranchised 1.5 million. The electoral fraud is so blatant it would be hilarious were it not such a serious problem.

The GOP underperformed the map in the Senate by a long shot, losing races in several Trump states. I don't see how this can be spun as any sort of win for the GOP.

Except that literally no one expected the Senate to flip to the Democrats before the Kavanaugh hearings.
A Blue Wave meant exactly flipping the Senate. By early October that was a tattered meme but it still had its adherents.

The GOP underperformed the map in the Senate by a long shot, losing races in several Trump states. I don't see how this can be spun as any sort of win for the GOP.
thats a product of which senate seats were up for election, the Rs were favored this year and they'll be at a disadvantage in 2020
Did anyone notice the Republican's Senate map was mirrored by the Democrats Governor's map? In both cases, it was 22 to 9, just with parties reversed.

The results were pretty down the middle. Currently, it's +3 and +4 respectively.

It looks like the Democrats are about to clinch the House. RCP has them at +21. Two more flips will do it.

J

The good news out of FL is that the ballot initiative to restore the franchise to felons passed. Which means that the next election will take place in a very different environment.

Maybe all the relevant old white people will just die off first, worth hoping for I guess.

Not maybe, inevitably. The GOP was a lot more dangerous when they were trying to quietly diversify without offending their racists. Now they have committed to "racists or not at all." Only ever increasing shenanigans can make that viable, and the shenanigans are deep into diminishing returns.

The only problem I have, as I've said before, is that we simply do not have time to wait for that. Every year we delay taking serious measures to combat climate change is a significantly bigger chance that human civilization will actually not be able to survive.

It looks to be semi-official that the Democrats have won the House. RCP currently has them at +24.

I am watching Beto's concession speech. It's aiming at 2020.

J

Not maybe, inevitably. The GOP was a lot more dangerous when they were trying to quietly diversify without offending their racists. Now they have committed to "racists or not at all." Only ever increasing shenanigans can make that viable, and the shenanigans are deep into diminishing returns.
In addition to what Lexicus said, there's the issue that an increasingly extremist GOP will not accept defeat peacefully and will urge its followers to resist with violence. We're already reaping the bitter harvest of Trump's extremism.

The only problem I have, as I've said before, is that we simply do not have time to wait for that. Every year we delay taking serious measures to combat climate change is a significantly bigger chance that human civilization will actually not be able to survive.

Yeah, well, the survival of human civilization is not the biggest deal there is.

thought people would be more upset over the Supreme Court and punish the Republicans harder
Apparently, in the U.S. 50% turnout is considered a high mark for a midterm election, which for me, living in a country where 70% is the norm, is a catastrophic failure.
Yeah, well, the survival of human civilization is not the biggest deal there is.

The people that hold the power will probably be dead in 2 decades, so they don't care.

Which is how we ended up here.
But the same happened with tobacco and with leaded fuels and what-not and we've actually been seeing disastrous figures on all that and people still somehow delude themselves that it's not going to happen within their lifetimes when it already has.

"Veronica Escobar and Sylvia Garcia made history on Tuesday night after their respective groundbreaking wins led them to become the first Latinas from Texas to represent the state in the U.S. House of Representatives."

The first two, ever? Que?? :faint: There were Latinas in the Alamo for :gripe:sake!

"Veronica Escobar and Sylvia Garcia made history on Tuesday night after their respective groundbreaking wins led them to become the first Latinas from Texas to represent the state in the U.S. House of Representatives."

The first two, ever? Que?? :faint: There were Latinas in the Alamo for :gripe:sake!

People defending the Alamo weren't even in the US, much less the US congress.

It looks to be semi-official that the Democrats have won the House. RCP currently has them at +24. J

Dose this mean that democrats take control of the oversight committee ?
Time for some swamp draining.

Potentially they meant specifically female Hispanic representatives in Texas (Latinas).

I can believe that not being a thing until now due to mysogeny and racism.

Dose this mean that democrats take control of the oversight committee ?
Time for some swamp draining.
Yes. All the committees in the house will change sides. Let's see what landmines the Republicans leave behind on their way out.

Tax Cut 2.0?

Rewirte rules across the board to favor their position?

There hasn't been a real whiff that Trump will attempt to invalidate the election at least.

Top Bottom