2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

Random topic: who is the best player currently in the NFL regardless of position?

I’d go with either Aaron Donald or Patrick Mahomes.

Good choices. It's hard not to go with Mahomes, though there is merit in the quality of experience...which he lacks.

I was telling my wife that the last interception might cost Seattle the game, and then it almost did.

Good choices. It's hard not to go with Mahomes, though there is merit in the quality of experience...which he lacks.

Donald is pretty monstrous and should be a contender, probably ahead of Mahomes right now who is still making significant mistakes this season. Mahomes is probably going to wind up as an even more dangerous/annoying to defend player than any previous QB though.

Donald often eats double teams yet still puts up edge rusher numbers as an interior defender. He's been playing at a level similar to/above peak JJ Watt production for years now. On pace to be the best player ever at his position. Mahomes is too, but he's not as far along.

With the news Colt McCoy is starting Sunday, someone pointed out the QBs the Pats have faced on this "historic" start:

Ben Roethlisberger
Luke Falk
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Josh Rosen
Matt Barkley
Josh Allen

After Colt they'll be facing Daniel Jones, Darnold (or Luke Falk again) and Baker Mayfield. They have a stretch where they face Lamar Jackson, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott, Deshaun Watson, and Kermit the Frog so that should be abetter test

side note: Jets fans are amazing for creating a parody (I HOPE) of that dumpster trump subreddit with The_Darnold in honor of the GEQBUS (God-Emperor Quarterback of the United States)

Daniel Jones appears to not be a joke. That said, he doesn’t seem to have much talent around him, especially if Barkley won’t be there.

I was telling my wife that the last interception might cost Seattle the game, and then it almost did.
It’s worth noting that there’s no way we would have won that game in LA. The crowd noise screwed up their offense which gave them a 5 yard delay of game penalty. 5 yards closer and the field goal attempt would have been good.

side note: Jets fans are amazing for creating a parody (I HOPE) of that dumpster trump subreddit with The_Darnold in honor of the GEQBUS (God-Emperor Quarterback of the United States)
O.M.G. :eek: Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :rotfl:

Thanks so much for that LC! What a great find. I am still laughing :goodjob:

I think it’s shameful there are so many good NFC teams yet only 2 of them will get the wildcard spots. NFC as a whole is so much stronger.

those Teddy chants give me goosebumps and he deserves them, he played his best game by far today

I love watching us go 3-0 with Teddy and the Panthers going 3-0 with Kyle Allen while the Falcons are a fully healthy team sitting at 1-4

those Teddy chants give me goosebumps and he deserves them, he played his best game by far today

I love watching us go 3-0 with Teddy and the Panthers going 3-0 with Kyle Allen while the Falcons are a fully healthy team sitting at 1-4

I really thought that last season's dismal performance was a fluky injury driven thing, but at this point it seems pretty clear that the Falcons just suck.

Meanwhile, this might be the only time you'll ever see me cheering for the Packers and they seem to be coming through.

Honestly I kinda did too, but apparently not, they're horrible and Dan Quinn doesn't know what he's doing anymore. Everyone thought the fact they picked up the fifth-year $12.8 mil option on Vic Beasley was idiotic (For perspective, that's more than Ryan Kerrigan or Luke Kuechly make this year) and he's doing his best to prove them right.

also yeaaaah Dallas looks pretty bad right now lol

first 5 drives: Interception, punt, interception, punt, missed 54 yard field goal

Their defense has settled down but giving up 17 is probably 14 more than they could allow to win this game

the crazy thing is they only have 3 fewer yards than the Packers and Rodgers doesn't look very good (thankfully everyone else on my team went ham today so I don't need him)

Dallas' vaunted o-line is getting manhandled all game. The Birds literally gave them the blueprint to win this game and they're failing at all counts.

Dallas' vaunted o-line is getting manhandled all game. The Birds literally gave them the blueprint to win this game and they're failing at all counts.

The question of the moment is whether four days rest vs ten days rest has made that much difference in the Packers defense, or is the Eagles O-line that much better than the vaunted Cowboys line. The Eagles punched holes that I could have run through and Elliot is seeing nothing but green and gold.

Meanwhile...Mason Rudolph got knocked waaaaaay out. You know the guy is clocked when he loses consciousness too fast to get his eyes closed.

Last edited:
About Dan Quinn: I hope the Falcons fire him and then he gets rehired as the Seahawks defensive coordinator. There are certain coaches that can’t handle the responsibilities of being a head coach but are good as an offensive or defensive coordinator. Gus Bradley is another example.

edit: unrelated note: rumor going around that Elway wants to trade Von Miller, and the Eagles are the favorites to land him. If this is for draft picks rather than (good) players in return, in the short term, the Eagles would instantly become a very dangerous team. And it’s not just Von Miller. Allegedly, it’s a lot of their good players.

Last edited:
My understanding is being a head coach and an offensive or defensive coordinator at the same time is a lot harder than just being a coordinator. Having said that, I will not pretend I have any personal experience coaching a football team in any way at any level.

Last edited:

Yup, he seems to be really settling in now, and as someone who has been rooting for him it makes me happy too.
Drew may not be so happy because Payton now has no need to hurry him back.

And yes, I think we can conclude that the Falcons suck.

Also, how 'bout them Colts! With their defensive injuries, I figured they'd be doing well to keep it respectable.

Redskins fire Gruden.

That may be the first head coaching job in the history of the NFL that no one will take.

Top Bottom