A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
0100010 said:
1. Please turn off the freshwater flag for jungles in FeatureInfo. (I consider this as part of BetterRoM) I am fairly certain that this adds to the stupid factor when the AI decides where to place cities in jungle zones. When I turn fresh water on jungles off, the AI makes someone better (though still mostly dumb) choices for placing cities in jungle zones. They have a somewhat greater tendency to place them closer to natural freshwater than just anywhere that next to a jungle tile.
Better solution. I'll tweak the AI so they ignore fresh water from jungles. ;)

0100010 said:
2. Enable the ability to build improvements on an oasis (again just another featureinfo xml change)
Yeah; I'll do this; I agree, it is needed.

I still think jungles should have freshwater turned off (it gets weird when the jungles are cleared)

You forgot to make this change to oasis in the patch (no change in file from patch 1.73D)

Afforess, I love what you have done with AND, 1.73D is the best yet, but I was wondering if there is a way to turn off random city names when using personalized maps?

Just type in your preferred name for that city until there is a way to do that because there isn't :).

I noticed a weird thing happens for the harbor. As you can see in the Civpedia it has health and commerce. However in the actual yield it shows health, commerce and .... production?!?! Where did that come from? Note that I have shrimp and fish resources so the health listed is correct. Any idea why I have this error?

Trade Routes? Trade routes can provide production, and the Harbor boosts trade route values.

Question: Is there another way to get Semiconductors aside from the WORLD wonder, that I'm missing, or can only one civ build those awesome robotic units that require the resource (as opposed to the identically named technology)

I found short clips for Wonder footage, two of the historic Cheomsongdae and Dosan Seowon, but where or who would I best submit them to?

Question: Is there another way to get Semiconductors aside from the WORLD wonder, that I'm missing, or can only one civ build those awesome robotic units that require the resource (as opposed to the identically named technology)

yeah, should be a national wonder imho

Hello! First of all congratulations for your excellent work, as ever...:)

Second, I have observed the resource refinement buildings (sulphur distillery, stone pit... ecc) have dissapeared from the game with 1.73. Is this intentional or I have some fault in my loading? :confused:

Greetings ;)

Yes, Resource Refinement, and other content was removed from the game to produce better balance, and better overall gameplay.

So, I think this mod is maturing very nicely right now. No significant bugs that haven't already been reported. I'm really loving playing the way you've been

But as the lady said, "What have you done for us lately?" ;)

Here's some suggestions for 1.74 and beyond:

• Do one of the following in UnitInfos:
    1. Convert the <Special> tag into a list, allowing a unit to exist on multiple cargo manifests.
    2. Create a logical argument <lSpecialCargo> that can override the <SpecialCargo> entry, and convert the special tag into a list. Examples:
      • <lSpecialCargo>SPECIALUNIT_PEOPLE&&SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE</lSpecialCargo>
        <DomainCargo>NONE</DomainCargo>
        (Would allow a cruiser to carry missiles and great people)
      • <lSpecialCargo>!SPECIALUNIT_TRACK</lSpecialCargo>
        <DomainCargo>DOMAIN_LAND</DomainCargo>
        (This is a better implementation of SPECIALUNIT_TROOP, I think)
  • If not possible, a second (and maybe even third) specialcargo tag in unitinfos and at least one but maybe two nSpecialCargo entries.
  • If any of these are used, we could allow Great People/Spies/Scouts and Special Forces troops to be carried on any fighting ship.
  • New improvement: Training Base. Instead of giving a defense bonus, Training Bases allow a high level unit to teach lower-level units, through either XP or Promotions (I favor promotions) of the same Domain in the stack, rules following something along these lines:
    • Max units of a given domain trained per turn (surrounding training tiles cannot be shared between same domain training units if 2 forts are 1 tile away from another), to be referred to from now on as training tiles:
      • Land Domain = Surrounding unimproved land tiles (roads excepted).
      • Water Domain = Surrounding unimproved water tiles (tunnels excepted).
      • Air Domain = Surrounding air tiles except city and town improvements (will not train over cities and towns, will train over forts and other training bases so long as they are not being used to train other air units). Needs at least one completely unimproved tile.
    • Max trainable XP = float(teaching unit base strength)/(training unit base strength)*(0.5+(tech+wonder+project+promotion modifiers))
    • Max XP per unit/turn = float(Max usable training area)/(# of training units in stack)*(1+(tech+wonder+project+promotion modifiers))
    • When units of the same type are being trained, training could be based on promotions:
      • Max Promotions copied per unit = (int)(trainer promotions)-(trainer promotions)/3+0.5
      • Max Promotions copied per turn per unit = (int)(Max usable training area)/(# of training units in stack)*(1+(tech+wonder+project+promotion modifiers))
  • Button for missiles and other units that can have a 'packed' status, that converts a number of them into one land unit for transport. Of course, only implement this if you can keep the AI from doing stupid things with it.

I'm going to repost this because I'm curious about it.

I'm going to repost this because I'm curious about it.

You have to trade for them with the civ that built the wonder. They have a monopoly.

That seems a little silly/imbalanced. How likely is the AI (or hell, another player) going to give you a one-of military item that builds incredibly advanced weapons? Guess that's another change to national wonder for my personal build, though it doesn't help anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom