A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hazard a guess that's because you don't have your disk in when you're playing :)

I'd hazard a guess that's because you don't have your disk in when you're playing :)

thats what i dont understand, in 3.19 you dont have to have your disk in anymore, of course with the patches installed, (which i have updated to of course):crazyeye:

No wonto something else: Is there anything on this error yet, it keeps coming up when IN CITY and try to upgrade to next upgrade of that unit??

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Mint Green UI} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

I got this error when i tried to go into the WB? Any idea whats it about?

Read this.

Although you're using Windows 7, it should still apply.

It should have nothing to do with Civ let alone AND.

thats what i dont understand, in 3.19 you dont have to have your disk in anymore, of course with the patches installed, (which i have updated to of course):crazyeye:

No wonto something else: Is there anything on this error yet, it keeps coming up when IN CITY and try to upgrade to next upgrade of that unit??

Yeah, it's a very aggressive form of PEBKAC. T2M4UK.PEBKAC to be precise. You seem to be really afflicted by it. I wish you the best of luck resolving your PEBKAC issues, but I'm frankly worried that they may be too far gone. :rolleyes:

As an aside: upgrading from within the city screen is a no-no. Do you have a custom script designed to upgrade a unit from within the city? Perhaps a keyboard shortcut?

Hey, I had 1.73B installed and I had played several hundred turns ( I guess) on Snail. Then today, I just patched to update D over my install, and now my save game won't load. I have no other mods installed or running, just Rise of mankind 1.92 with New dawn 1.73B (now D).

Any Ideas?

Hey, I had 1.73B installed and I had played several hundred turns ( I guess) on Snail. Then today, I just patched to update D over my install, and now my save game won't load. I have no other mods installed or running, just Rise of mankind 1.92 with New dawn 1.73B (now D).

Any Ideas?

RoM should be 2.91. Guess you've got a bit of dyslexia (happens to all of us).

Any chance you have some other modmod installed (like HAND)? If so, you might want to install that again.

If that doesn't work, can you try a clean install of RoM 2.91+AND 1.73+Patch D? Just make sure to install all the exact same modules -- look in your 'A New Dawn.log' file in the RoM mod folder to ensure you've got everything exactly right.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'm sure Afforess can provide you with a copy of Patch B if you've lost yours.

Any Ideas?

Were you playing a multiplayer game, or using locked modified assets? If so, patches will break those saves.

Were you playing a multiplayer game, or using locked modified assets? If so, patches will break those saves.

I was only playing singer player and did not have locked modified assets checked.

And I'm sure scribbler is right, I'm playing with ROM 1.91. I was just recalling the number from memory :p

For the record, here is my log file:
Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Coal UI} {Black UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Battlefield Promotions} {Better Air Interception} {Trading Posts} {Spy Satellites}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

@ mrmistophelees,

You are playing with an outdated version. Update to 1.73 before adding patches.

@ mrmistophelees,

@ mrmistophelees,

By god u r right! But..but... when did u update from 1.72 to 1.73? I reinstalled Civ IV + your mod just about a week ago or so!! Bizarre! :cry:

I suppose this means my save game goes down the toilet now... right? I have to reinstall your mod and then start a new game?

By god u r right! But..but... when did u update from 1.72 to 1.73? I reinstalled Civ IV + your mod just about a week ago or so!! Bizarre! :cry:

I suppose this means my save game goes down the toilet now... right? I have to reinstall your mod and then start a new game?

Yep. 1.73 came out about a week ago or so. :p

I get that too from time to time:crazyeye:. No need to worry though, just click continue and it sould be fine.

It's a removable disk issue, obviously. But I've never had it happen to me, and googling hasn't shown any significant number of people having this issue with Civ IV. So I'll have to guess that either:

1. You've got a mod that tries to access another drive letter for some reason.
2. You need to go into system management and fix up drive letter assignments.

Don't know which, but the link I posted might be able to help with number 2. And if it doesn't, then google \Device\Harddisk1\dr1. That should lead you to a solution. (Just be careful mucking around with the computer settings - don't format data drives :D )

Afforess got 1.73 out either April 30th, or May 1st.

Unfortunately, you'll have to reinstall. And don't try to shortcut it by installing the mod over what you have already. Install everything fresh. RoM 2.91->AND 1.73->Patch D.

It's easy to get confused by it all. There was one player last week that didn't install RoM first :D He was sure he did -- so sure that when he was asked about it the first time, he swore he'd done it (obviously without verifying). Happens to everyone; once you know something is true, it's hard to accept being wrong.

That's the first rule of troubleshooting. Assumptions have teeth. They're the primary reason why we make mistakes -- we have bad info but assume it's good without verifying. I've done it myself.

Now, sometimes no matter how hard you try, you still get stuck with bad info. In that case you need to go back all the way to step 1:

"Initally, the universe we are currently occupying was...so based on that the laws of physics of this universe require that..." It might just take you a bit of time to get back to your problem. :evil:

IOW, you're up s**t creek without a paddle.

:coughcough:

Any comment on my bug report about the infinite loop?

This bug is rather unusual; no CTD - when I end turn and it gets to the "Waiting for other Civilizations" part, basically the wait becomes an eternal one - hence the AI seems to get stuck in an infinite loop of some sort. Again, the game does not freeze - I was even able to exit normally through the menu whilst it was still "Waiting for other civilizations"; Uploaded save + my AND log file for verification.

Upon ending the turn of this save, prepare for an eternal wait...

My A New Dawn.log :

Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Modern Corporations} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
D:\games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Attachments

• InfiniteLoopBug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
It's a removable disk issue, obviously. But I've never had it happen to me, and googling hasn't shown any significant number of people having this issue with Civ IV. So I'll have to guess that either:

1. You've got a mod that tries to access another drive letter for some reason.
2. You need to go into system management and fix up drive letter assignments.

Don't know which, but the link I posted might be able to help with number 2. And if it doesn't, then google \Device\Harddisk1\dr1. That should lead you to a solution. (Just be careful mucking around with the computer settings - don't format data drives :D )

Afforess got 1.73 out either April 30th, or May 1st.

Unfortunately, you'll have to reinstall. And don't try to shortcut it by installing the mod over what you have already. Install everything fresh. RoM 2.91->AND 1.73->Patch D.

It's easy to get confused by it all. There was one player last week that didn't install RoM first :D He was sure he did -- so sure that when he was asked about it the first time, he swore he'd done it (obviously without verifying). Happens to everyone; once you know something is true, it's hard to accept being wrong.

That's the first rule of troubleshooting. Assumptions have teeth. They're the primary reason why we make mistakes -- we have bad info but assume it's good without verifying. I've done it myself.

Now, sometimes no matter how hard you try, you still get stuck with bad info. In that case you need to go back all the way to step 1:

"Initally, the universe we are currently occupying was...so based on that the laws of physics of this universe require that..." It might just take you a bit of time to get back to your problem. :evil:

IOW, you're up s**t creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom