1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Is Fixed Borders on? It's a known cause of a later game CTD, if so, make a WBS, and edit it off, and load it up and see if you can get past it.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Then how about taking it out?? Just a thought.:mischief:

3. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Or just turn it off before you start a game.;)

4. Afforess

I'd rather fix it, not remove it. You can just uncheck it anyway, and it's a fairly rare CTD, only a few people have reported it.

5. Sindri Pink

Sindri Pink Chieftain

When I started a new game with AND earlier today I got an error message when I tried to disable the BUG shortcut reminder. It read as follows:

Error in kbdEvent event handler <bound method Bug Event Manager on KbdEvent of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x02ACBA30>>

It says absolutely nothing to me, all I know is that it was very irritating not being able to get rid of the reminder. Is it an error with AND, BUG or something else?

6. Afforess

It's a python error, usually harmless. A bunch of them cropped up in RoM 2.81. Try starting Civilization 4 as "Run as Admin" if you are using Win7, or Vista.

7. Sindri Pink

Sindri Pink Chieftain

I'm using Xp, so that won't do. Gonna load the mod again and see if the error remains. You never know... ;)

8. dexy

dexy Warlord

I've been trying to reproduce this CTD for several nights now (on autoplay), but without success. The bug could be in Fixed Borders, but it could also be anywhere else in the code.

Afforess, if you can reproduce the bug on small or tiny map (I can't load bigger maps with RoM 2.8 :( ), give me a savegame (and saves a few turns back if possible) and I'll try to help. Otherwise I'm stuck, I can't do anything about the bug.

Another thing you can try is to add an assert on CvPlot::setOwner(), to check if the PlayerTypes specified is withing the acceptable range.

9. Afforess

Okay, I'll see if I can whip up a repeatable CTD on a small map, with a default install of RoM full and AND.

10. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

I have civ 4, warlord, bts packed in one dvd(without col).I'm absolutely sure that i've done nothing wrong with the installation(i played rom since aaranda and jooyo's still here, so i'm quite sure i've done it in the right way.And i never got this kind of error.Yeah, i used to got a lot of xml error and MAF, but not like this one ).
    Guess i'll try UAC.Because i'm new with windows 7, and don't know a lot about this feature.
    Thanks!:goodjob:

11. Greeneyedzombie

Greeneyedzombie King

I installed the mod with the installer, and now everytime I try to start the mod, I get a whole lot of xml errors about leaderheadinfo not bieing correct

12. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

OMG Aff!!
    It worked!
    I disable UAC, and it worked like a charm:run:
    Thanks a lot:bowdown:

13. Afforess

Are you 100% sure you installed it correctly? Go to the FAQ and follow the step by step instructions there, on the last question.

NP. ;)

14. Afforess

Okay Dexy, I ran an AI autoplay, and got the save for you. I checked, it's the same crash as Os79, and some previous one's I've seen. To load the save, get RoM 2.81 full, and install AND over it. Do not change any of the checkboxes for components in AND, I left it to a completely DEFAULT install. The Save is running in AI Autoplay, so you may want to stop it right away.

You will need to use my source code and create a debug dll. I assume you understand how to do all that. ;)

View attachment AutoSave_AD-2323-July.CivBeyondSwordSave

15. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

maybe you are running to much

16. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

I found a Civ with no name... :lol: I think it might be because Rev's BarbCivs may have let one too many barbs turn into a Civ therefore making more civs on the map than there are in the list... I don't want to download generalstaff's unofficial leaderhead pack since last time I did, I had CTD's with half of them. I also don't want to download the megapack because I don't want the terrain walking out the door. Perhaps you should put a limit on how many civilizations there can be depending on how many there are on the list. It's the hot-pink civ in the screenie.

Attached Files:

17. Afforess

Out of curiosity, what happens when you go to the diplo screen?

18. Civ Fuehrer

Most likely a CTD but I'll check in a min... on the other hand I found a repeatable CTD, no idea why... here's a save, it's 2.81 full with only AND with everything that's on by default. It's on the next turn.

EDIT: I have a weird feeling that the CTD may be caused by the no-name civ.

EDIT2: Okay, I went to the diplo screen and up popped Lenin even though I'm Russia(I have unrestricted leaders checked)

EDIT3: I went to the World Builder to see what was happening with the CTD but the game gave me another CTD.:mad:

Attached Files:

19. Afforess

Fixed borders can be a CTD culprit. Create a world builder save, edit the fixed borders option off, and see if you can get past it.

20. Civ Fuehrer

How can I if I can't get into the World Builder?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.