1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukey52

lukey52 Chieftain

ok great thanks for your help got it working now :D

2. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

What exactly is the reasoning behind Cartogrphy making peaks cost only one movement point? Hills still cost two movement points but peaks do not?:crazyeye:
    I think peaks should cost more to move though to give some of its tacticle value back.

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Peaks do cost more to move through, they cost 3 movement at the beginning of the game. Although, I do agree Cartography shouldn't lower it directly to one, but to two instead. I'll tweak that. ;)

4. dexy

dexy Warlord

Can you post a savegame before this happened? Even better, if you have saves for each turn a couple of turns back, post them all.

5. os79

os79 Deity

Read a couple post above that quote :). Even Afforess requested that i make a Debug DLL of my game because my setup is too different than just normal install.

The above is the result of my Debugger DLL that I made.

For more details on Debug DLL, ask Afforess or get that compiling DLL instruction PDF from the Modiki, forgot where.

6. Afforess

For everyone who uses Kaspersky AV, I got AND put on the whitelist, so you should not be getting anymore virus warnings. Please PM or post here if you still have troubles.

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Good, makes much more sense now.;)

Kaspersky is not as bad as Norton. If I do not disable Norton it will delete the installer.:crazyeye:

8. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

Afforess, do you have any idea about my problem?(2 pages before)
    I have tried a reinstalling rom so many times, but the problem persist.
    Do you think reinstalling BTS would fix the problem?

9. Afforess

I can't help you without more information. What version of Civ do you have (i.e Complete Pack, Steam Edition, Expansion Packs, etc..), Are you sure you are installing it to the correct destination? It defaults to the BTS folder, but not if you installed to a non-standard location or have a different version, like the complete pack. Also, have you tried disabling UAC (google it, if you don't know how).

10. Degenx2

Degenx2 Chieftain

Sorry to be pestersome, but I'm still having this problem.

I've tried reinstalling RoM and AND and tried several things while doing each such as running the installer as Admin etc. I'm really stumped here.

11. Stormwind

Stormwind King

AFAIK, RoM needs to be installed/unzipped in Program Files\Path to Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind and AND into that folder.

12. Afforess

Let me go through this step by step.

1.) Mods should NOT be placed in the My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods Folder. Ever. It causes problems, trust me.
    2.)Put Rise of Mankind 2.81 (make sure you patched it) in your C:program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. (The path might not be exactly the same, but it is in program files, that much is always the same.)
    3.) Install AND, and make sure you set the destination as your Rise of Mankind folder that you just copied to the path above.

I also posted instructions in the last question in the FAQ.

13. Tomcat1962

Tomcat1962 Chieftain

Havent found this one in the previous pages:

Does anyone else also have problems with "missing" units?

Directly after loading and examining the sevopedia, i stumled over "missing" units.
    The "button" is there, so no pink squares, but when u click through the units, some
    haven't any data or gfx attached (like on the first screenshot).
    On a second click on those units, everything seems to bee fine (like on the 2nd screenshot).

Haven't had such a problem before with plain CIV IV nor with ROM nor while my own personal modding steps.

Clean Rom 2.8 Full install´-> patched to 2.81 + AND Full (without seamonsters)

Attached Files:

14. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

Wow:eek:
    After months of unplayability and instability, I finally managed to get a game into the Renaissance(let alone into the Classical Era) I had two random CTD's that were unrepeatable (I think it's because I had new seed on reload checked) and a few dozen errors from RevDCM's Barbciv python component, a weird textual error that didn't give the name of a civ when something or else happened (I caught a screen shot) and I was the first guy to research Theology... at 1245AD... a little over one thousand years differential in real life, but I like seeing how off my teching is than when it really happened. All in all I'd give this game a 6 for how fun it is and it's speed, but the errors can really break the feeling of a game, especially when they lead to a CTD. My last dozen games always resulted in a repeatable CTD during late Ancient Era so this is a huge improvement for me.:goodjob: Now I'm off to (FINALLY) use my first nuke in the late industrial/early modern at I'm guessing around 2142 then off to continue on ATOM, which I'm really stoked for.

Attached Files:

15. Afforess

It happens because you clicked really fast, and your computer wasn't fast enough to re-draw the screen. It happens because of all the content. I've seen it happen in clean RoM too, it has nothing to do with AND.

16. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

If you click the unit or building again, it will show it.

17. Tomcat1962

Tomcat1962 Chieftain

@Afforess: Ok. No offense or harm intended with bringing this "bug" up. Just very curious here about this, because it really really never happened here to me, even with the mega pack running, which adds a heap of stuff...

@NBAfan:
    ;)

18. Stormwind

Stormwind King

I think someone in this thread already mentioned that Guard Units display as pink. I saw this too, on the other hand, when I select some of my units and go looking at some Guard Units again, they display fine. Then when I deselect them by fortify or sentry the Guard is pink again.

Another think which bothers me since I first played RoM (2.52 or 2.6). Units that RoM added (for example, Iron Frigate) are displayed most of the time with a model of the unit they are based on (Iron Frigate shows as Ship of the Line), only sometimes and when selected their true model is shown. Is there any rule of thumb or any hint how to circumvent this ?

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

This has something to do with animations and can happen with any units not provided by firaxis in any mod. If you have all animations off then the base unit that the unit was built on may get displayed. Modders can't edit this base unit model, don't know the technical term, but they can skin. The only way around it is to have the basic unit animations on.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

@Afforess, I now have two repeatable CTD's occurring unfortunately it is with RoM 2.81, AND 1.53, AAranda's religions/units/buildings plus all my mods including the ones I am currently testing, so posting a save wont help you. I will get into debug mode when I get back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.