1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Catch-22 Matthew!

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Then the crash is probably related to the no-name civilization. If the game can't draw the civilization's artwork, it crashes.

3. Civ Fuehrer

Civ Fuehrer Eat, Sleep, Mod

So the game literally raped and killed itself...:cringe: It is so biased against me, right when I thought I had a working game, it CTD's... And I barely play this game either.
    EDIT: Well I say farewell to playing Civ for another month or two, I'll have a word with Glider1 and Jdog5000 about Civ caps for BarbCivs and I'll be on my merry way back to laboring over ATOM.

4. Supercheese

Supercheese Zeppelin Commander

If by "Civ caps for BarbCivs", you mean "Max number of civs allowed in the game", then I'm pretty sure this option is already in place.

Look in Revolution.ini in the Rise of Mankind default directory (not under /Assets).
    It has the following:

Code:
    [BarbarianCiv]

------------- Technical settings -------------
    [B][U]
    ; Max civs - This component won't add new civs with this number already in game (-1 for DLL limit)
    MaxCivs = -1[/U][/B]

; Change odds of barb city turning into a minor civ
    FormMinorModifier = 1.00

; Minimum population needed for a barb city to settle, default 2
    MinPopulation = 4

; Minimum number of contacts (with any and full civs) to settle, default 2 on both
    MinContacts = 0
    MinFullContacts = 0

; Base odds of Military style buildup
    BaseMilitaryOdds = 0.50

; Former barbarians get all techs known by this fraction of players
    BarbTechFrac = 0.65

; Reduce tech given to former barbarians alone on a continent (larger means they're more behind)
    ; Does not apply when NewWorldPolicy is 0
    NewWorldReduction = 0.12
    NewWorldErasBehind = 1

; Number of bonus techs that builder type barbs get
    BuilderBonusTechs = 3

; A militaristic barb civ will declare war on the first civ it meets within this window of turns
    MilitaryWindow = 35

; Max Dist between capitals for barb civ to consider immeadiate declaration of war (must also be on same continent)
    WarCloseDist = 21

; Affects number of (non-defense) military units given to barbs
    ; RevDCM default is 1.0, RoM default 0.33
    MilitaryStrength = 0.33

Notice the portion in Bold & Underline. I believe that may well be what you are looking for!

5. Civ Fuehrer

Yea, it could help for now, but it will get annoying, having to count how many civs there are in the list every time I want to start a game.... I'd rather get the makers of RevDCM to have the python/dll properly check if there are remaining civs instead of if there are remaining leaders.

6. Afforess

Look in the civilopedia for civilizations, you will see two blank spots at the top. I assume someone has (either me or Zappara, I have yet to figure out who...) accidentally created 2 civilizations with no leaders or anything. RevDCM is working perfectly.

7. Afforess

Okay Civ Fuehrer, I found the cause of the 2 empty civilizations. It was generalstaff's unit's fault, he had CIVILIZATION_DUTCH, which is really the Netherlands, and ABYSSINIANS was spelled wrong. I've fixed them both for the next release.

8. Civ Fuehrer

Well now I look like an idiot and an ass since I posted this at RevDCM's bug thread. So then why can't I get into the world builder? Even though I may have a 'huge' world that shouldn't stop WB since I have a 4gb vista 64 w/ dual core...

9. os79

os79 Deity

Am I ever grateful I had megacivpack installed! I'm into early Industrial Era (yeah, many, many turns past the turn that crashed me in another game) and no CTDs :D. I'm now saving like crazy every time I conquer a city or make a significant decision because of potential MAFs that are unsolvable but work-around-able.

10. os79

os79 Deity

I went right ahead and corrected the errors and guess what? It is savegame compatible! My savegame did not crash. So you can easily release it as a patch because you are going to do beta before a next official release right?

11. Afforess

I don't think it is. Did you correct all 6 errors? It was those 2 errors, but they were duplicated in 3 different files. Double check.

12. os79

os79 Deity

In Modular Civic Units Folder...
    In Guerrillas folder...
    In Imperial Guard folder...

Yeah, three folders :D.

Not "a dumb user" as you described them in another thread :snicker:.

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I get this error, dont know if anyone put this here yet or not, if so sorry.

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<string>", line 1, in ?
    File "<string>", line 52, in load_module
    File "CvEventInterface", line 17, in ?
    File "BugEventManager", line 96, in ?
    File "CvEventManager", line 12, in ?
    File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in ?
    File "CvMainInterface", line 6, in ?
    File "CvScreenEnums", line 71, in ?
    AttributeError: type object 'CvPythonExtensions.CivilopediaPageTypes' has no attribute 'CIVILOPEDIA_PAGE_CONCEPT_AND'

14. dexy

dexy Warlord

OK, good job. I'll get on it tonight :hammer:

15. little_cyclone

little_cyclone Loyal Civ4 & C2C mod player

Found a CTD.. Occurs during the AI's turn after hitting enter. Unsure what the cause is tho.. I originally thought it had something to do with other Civ's Cavalry clashing with Guerilla's I have rampaging through the countryside (as it always seemed to CTD after an AI induced battle involving the two) but after multiple loads and replays of this save (including deleting all Guerilla units at one point) I don't believe thats the source :(

Log: {Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} {The World's Fair} Arctic Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming Education {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Attached Files:

16. Afforess

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically; everyone has had the experience of being the dumb user, that's why I didn't name names. ;)

That's what happens when you remove my dll, but not my python.

Good luck.

Okay, I'll check it out.

17. WRobN

WRobN Chieftain

Civilization4 (updated)
    Warlords (updated)
    BtS 3.19
    Rise of Mankind Full 2.81
    A New Dawn 1.53

BlueMarble also installed

Win XP Pro 32, build 5600

Full path to mod: C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Mijn documenten\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind

A New Dawn.log =
    {Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Error message 1:
    Code:
    tag:ppi[]ER_BARBARIAN in Info class was incorrect
    Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ForceControlInfos.xml
    ([] is a square sign)

Error 2:
    Code:
    CIV IV:Beyond the Sword:Civ4BeyondTheSword.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at "0x05e895f0" referenced memory at "0x00000140". The memory could not be "read"
    Click on OK to terminate the program.
    Loading will pop up the Civ loader. But after a while error 1 shows up.
    The loader continues to load and suddently pops up a next 2nd error.
    Then the program terminates.

Rise of Mankind worked before but was a bit slow. I read about the perfomance increase from this mod so i gave this a try.
    I pointed the installer to the "C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\Mijn documenten\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind" folder in wich it installed.

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah i bet thats its then, i tried a debug dll. :blush:

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I believe this is your problem. Path should be here:
    C:\Program Files \Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

If C is you Main HD and where CIV IV is installed.

IIRC every time someone has posted they installed RoM or AND to the My Document path they have problems.

JosEPh :)

20. WRobN

WRobN Chieftain

I install all MODS into doc&set.
    The people of the BUFFY and Sevopedia mod told me to never ever use program files.

Why do you think this mod needs to be installed in program files instead of my documents?
    I doubt this will make any difference...but i will try

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.