A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returning to Coal Plant unique building for Japanese civ. Shale Plant doesn't employ a citizen while Coal Plant does.

Crashes allocating video memory

About every 20 turns the game crashes saying not enough video card memory. If I load the last autosave (I autosave each turn) I can play for another 20 or so turns.

I installed AND only, standard map, most game options switched on.
I never had memory-issues with FFH or even CivV so I think there should be enough video memory. My system is Win7, 32 bit, 4GB RAM, Intel Duo processor. Graphic Card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. It’s the newest driver, I checked it.

I include the last save. I did not found the log-file, where exactly should it be? I found at "Beyond the Sword -> Logs" an error file from today, I include it also.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0790.CivBeyondSwordSave
    404.8 KB · Views: 67
  • PythonErr2.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 57
Crashes allocating video memory

About every 20 turns the game crashes saying not enough video card memory. If I load the last autosave (I autosave each turn) I can play for another 20 or so turns.

I installed AND only, standard map, most game options switched on.
I never had memory-issues with FFH or even CivV so I think there should be enough video memory. My system is Win7, 32 bit, 4GB RAM, Intel Duo processor. Graphic Card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. It’s the newest driver, I checked it.

I include the last save. I did not found the log-file, where exactly should it be? I found at "Beyond the Sword -> Logs" an error file from today, I include it also.

How much video memory is available ? Try reducing Civ4 graphics to lowest and use smaller maps. On larger maps every plot and its improvements increase the needed video ram. Don't use Alt-Tab if playing fullscreen.

I am 8 turns away of a cultural victory and get a forever "waiting for other civs"bug ( in modern area).and175
I consider it as a win.
anyone interested in logs of this game.
the first part of the game was difficult to keep my cash positive ( I had the future buidings turned off.

Some remarks of the later part of the game :

The inflation is terrible high and makes the coropration to costly.
I like the revolutions in the later part,it remembers of the old times of the rev mod. Next time i modify some rev setting. The strength of the reinforcements rebels was too slow.

I Played on a standard map and quick speed and alot of fun(although the game was about 30 hours in human play time).

Still have no idea what's causing this. I've tried multiple clean installs...

Hello all. Apologies if this question has been answered in a previous thread...

I just D/L RoM:AND + the patch. I chose the "Blue Marble" option, plus one of the snazzy interface choices (steel?) Installation took forever, but I'm patient...

I load AND from the BTS menu... and then I wait... and wait... and wait some more

Eventually, it loads... to a title screen with no (text) menu options. The cursor is present; I'm able to click on "dead space", but I cannot start a new game. When I do click on the areas normally occupied by "single player"/"multiplayer"/etc., a freeze (occasionally) results. Even when the game does not freeze, I'm stuck. What am I doing wrong??

I use Windows XP. Decent system. No major problems with any other CIV IV modpack//mod-mod.

Weird bug:
I am upgrading my units with major research reduction for few turns. Spearmen to Pikemen in this case. Anyway, the bug is that I'm getting extra units without even having to train them! I'm uploading the savegame here.
Installation info: Formations and Black UI.

Hi, when playing with single units with AND 1.75, the archer is not aligned in the middle but on the side to the right, hope this helps.

Nevermind, only happens when you install the formations during setup.

Hi, new here. Really looking forward to playing your mod, looks great! :)

I have just downloaded it, and was just looking through the Sevopedia before starting playing, and I am unsure if I have a bug.

It could just be that it isn't finished, in which case fine, I'm not complaining, I mean you did this for free and all, I'm just checking that isn't that something went wrong with mine when I downloaded. With some of the things it might be some things have been altered or removed or added, which might explain why they aren't in some parts of the Sevopedia. Just a few missing things, like:

The ski resort building is mentioned on the "Mountains Mod" page under "A New Dawn Concepts", but is not in the buildings list.

The civics Communist and Supremacy are listed on the "Civics" page under "RoM Concepts" but they are not in the civics list, whilst the Military civics are on the list but not mentioned on that page.

A few of the buildings don't have graphics on their pages.

And oddly, on the unit list, the first 50-so units have no names and when I click on them, their description is 0 cost, strength and movement, and the text "TXT_KEY_RESTRICTED_UNIT" and that they can nuke, when the pictures are of normal units, such as tanks and swordsmen and so on. The first unit that is normal on the list is the A-10 Thunderbolt.

The last thing may be the Sevopedia again, or it may be something else. Under the "RoM Concepts", the page "Holy Wars - module" says that there is a module, which to add you must move a file from a folder called "Unloaded Modules" in the RoM's Assets folder to the "Modules" folder also in the Assets folder. However when I go there, there is a "Modules" folder but no "Unloaded Modules" folder.

Again, if all this is just what the current content of the Sevopedia is right now, then I apologise, I'm just checking that I do not have a problem with my copy of the mod.

One last thing, which is not a bug, but I might as well put it here, is that when you say that every part can be turned off, that if you turn off the change to the way corporations work, in that you do not found or spread them (I know it's micro-managing but I enjoy spreading via using the executives, lol ;)), you don't turn them off completely, and you still have all the new ones including the guild like ones, and they all have their special exec unit for spreading?

A couple of games now, I've been getting this error in the log at the beginning of my turn:

Error in BeginActivePlayerTurn event handler <bound method FavoriteCivicDetector.on BeginActivePlayerTurn of <FavoriteCivicDetector.FavoriteCivicDetector instance at 0x183D6710>>

Doesn't have any noticeable effect, however, and the turn continues normally.

Also, I noticed an AI player getting a "Dark Age has begun!" notification, which I understood was somewhat impossible. I've noticed it in previous games, too, stretching back to at least 1.74.

Foul

Hi, when playing with single units with AND 1.75, the archer is not aligned in the middle but on the side to the right, hope this helps.

That's because you installed unit formations, which were not intended for single unit mode. ;)

Hi, new here. Really looking forward to playing your mod, looks great! :)

I have just downloaded it, and was just looking through the Sevopedia before starting playing, and I am unsure if I have a bug.

It could just be that it isn't finished, in which case fine, I'm not complaining, I mean you did this for free and all, I'm just checking that isn't that something went wrong with mine when I downloaded. With some of the things it might be some things have been altered or removed or added, which might explain why they aren't in some parts of the Sevopedia. Just a few missing things, like:

The ski resort building is mentioned on the "Mountains Mod" page under "A New Dawn Concepts", but is not in the buildings list.

The civics Communist and Supremacy are listed on the "Civics" page under "RoM Concepts" but they are not in the civics list, whilst the Military civics are on the list but not mentioned on that page.

A few of the buildings don't have graphics on their pages.

And oddly, on the unit list, the first 50-so units have no names and when I click on them, their description is 0 cost, strength and movement, and the text "TXT_KEY_RESTRICTED_UNIT" and that they can nuke, when the pictures are of normal units, such as tanks and swordsmen and so on. The first unit that is normal on the list is the A-10 Thunderbolt.

The last thing may be the Sevopedia again, or it may be something else. Under the "RoM Concepts", the page "Holy Wars - module" says that there is a module, which to add you must move a file from a folder called "Unloaded Modules" in the RoM's Assets folder to the "Modules" folder also in the Assets folder. However when I go there, there is a "Modules" folder but no "Unloaded Modules" folder.

Again, if all this is just what the current content of the Sevopedia is right now, then I apologise, I'm just checking that I do not have a problem with my copy of the mod.

One last thing, which is not a bug, but I might as well put it here, is that when you say that every part can be turned off, that if you turn off the change to the way corporations work, in that you do not found or spread them (I know it's micro-managing but I enjoy spreading via using the executives, lol ;)), you don't turn them off completely, and you still have all the new ones including the guild like ones, and they all have their special exec unit for spreading?

Some of the Civilopedia Concept pages are way out of date, I'm aware. Some buildings have no graphics because artists don't take requests (wrote a rant on it a while back), and I am not an artist myself. The no-name unit bug is fixed in Patch A.

There are several options for corporations. Modern Corporations enables the extra modern ones. Guilds enables the medieval guilds. Realistic Corporations removes the manual spreading and executives. If you want only the BTS corporations, have all three options off.

A couple of games now, I've been getting this error in the log at the beginning of my turn:

Error in BeginActivePlayerTurn event handler <bound method FavoriteCivicDetector.on BeginActivePlayerTurn of <FavoriteCivicDetector.FavoriteCivicDetector instance at 0x183D6710>>

Doesn't have any noticeable effect, however, and the turn continues normally.

Also, I noticed an AI player getting a "Dark Age has begun!" notification, which I understood was somewhat impossible. I've noticed it in previous games, too, stretching back to at least 1.74.

Foul

Turn on python error logging and upload your logs. Also, be sure you are using Patch A. Dark Ages ARE impossible with Patch A.

Some buildings have no graphics because artists don't take requests (wrote a rant on it a while back)
I remember that rant. Always annoyed me that the code modders were in general often helpful with various requests, but artists rarely if ever were, doesn't seem to matter what game modding community you're talking about.

I remember that rant. Always annoyed me that the code modders were in general often helpful with various requests, but artists rarely if ever were, doesn't seem to matter what game modding community you're talking about.

For those of you who want to be in the loop, the rant is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8547980&postcount=3

Anyway, my pet hypothesis is that artists tend to be more emotional creationists, so only create things when they enjoy to do so, whereas programmers tend to be constructionist creationists, where we will create things just for the sake of creating things, and enjoy it.

Keep in mind I have no evidence to back that up - just a hypothesis.

For those of you who want to be in the loop, the rant is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8547980&postcount=3

Anyway, my pet hypothesis is that artists tend to be more emotional creationists, so only create things when they enjoy to do so, whereas programmers tend to be constructionist creationists, where we will create things just for the sake of creating things, and enjoy it.

Keep in mind I have no evidence to back that up - just a hypothesis.

A good one IMO, the plural of anecdote is not data, but that hypothesis fits everything I've seen.

Some of the Civilopedia Concept pages are way out of date, I'm aware. Some buildings have no graphics because artists don't take requests (wrote a rant on it a while back), and I am not an artist myself. The no-name unit bug is fixed in Patch A.

There are several options for corporations. Modern Corporations enables the extra modern ones. Guilds enables the medieval guilds. Realistic Corporations removes the manual spreading and executives. If you want only the BTS corporations, have all three options off.

Wow, that was a quick response, thanks! I'll go download the patch now.:)

When i try to install i cant choose many of the options such as corporations, diplomacy and mountains the only thing i can choose is UI color, blue marble and formations and when i install i can't find any the new changes in the civilopedia. I have tried to download several times but it's always the same. What have i done wrong?

What you're looking are game options now Seashore, either in the start-up screen or the RoM tab in the BUG menu.

I think your database may be too small. ;) In the Morrowind community (for example), many artists were quite happy to take requests. Over there, the usual complaint was that the artists _did_ fulfill a request of a modder but then saw theor work wasted because the modder in question didn't finish his mod. Which led to a "community policy" that a modder needed to show some of his work (to demonstrate that he'd be able to finish a project) before artists would be willing to contribute, but if one managed to do that, finding artists who did requests wasn't difficult, provided that the task was manageable and well-defined.

(Probably way too much information and mostly unrelated to you, Civ, or AND - just wanted to offer a differing perspective. ;) ).

When i try to install i cant choose many of the options such as corporations, diplomacy and mountains the only thing i can choose is UI color, blue marble and formations and when i install i can't find any the new changes in the civilopedia. I have tried to download several times but it's always the same. What have i done wrong?

The options are now all available when setting up a map. ;)

Update coming _______:confused:

No tentative date.

I think your database may be too small. ;) In the Morrowind community (for example), many artists were quite happy to take requests. Over there, the usual complaint was that the artists _did_ fulfill a request of a modder but then saw theor work wasted because the modder in question didn't finish his mod. Which led to a "community policy" that a modder needed to show some of his work (to demonstrate that he'd be able to finish a project) before artists would be willing to contribute, but if one managed to do that, finding artists who did requests wasn't difficult, provided that the task was manageable and well-defined.

(Probably way too much information and mostly unrelated to you, Civ, or AND - just wanted to offer a differing perspective. ;) ).

I've never dealt with modding other games in any great detail, so my observations only come from modding 3 games, Civ4, Minecraft, and Sim City 4. In all three, artists never took requests. With Sim City 4, modders were actively hostile to one another.

Anyway, everything so far is purely anecdotal. Anecdotes prove nothing. Which is why I called it a "hypothesis" and not a "theory", since a theory implies you have positively correlated observations to reinforce your hypothesis. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom