1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndarielHalo

AndarielHalo Chieftain

Odd question... is there a way to limit the Units per Tile without it being at 1? Perhaps change it to be 10-20 units per tile?

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Look under BUG options, there's a tab (A New Dawn) where you can limit units per tile to any number you choose.

3. Zorn

Zorn Chieftain

That's weird then, because I am sure that I did disable three tile radius, but met. ad. increases it still. Cap. ad. doesn't, however.

4. Ziltodi

Ziltodi Chieftain

Are settlers supposed to cost 780 hammers right at start of the game? Installed AND2 and started game, everything else seems fine but is that a bug or a feature i just dont understand? Just absurd that it nearly costs 100 warriors to make 1 settler...

5. Rezca

Rezca The Greatest Jaggi

What speed setting? Epic, Eternity, Quick?

I remember that a few of the settings temporarily had their growth/production settings played with while they were testing some things, so it's not a feature I believe.

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Exactly, games has still to be balanced properly. I'm working on it.
    And thank you Rezca, I'm getting tired of repeating it every time: when you report a problem (especially a balancing problem) I need to know
    - revision (build) number, you can find it hovering your mouse over the flag next to the minimap
    - settings (worldsize, gamespeed, difficulty level and possibly map type and era you're currently in).

Thank you :)

7. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

I have just installed ROM + AND (revision 645) on a new windows 8 computer and am unable to get it to load. It starts loading as per normal but after about 10 seconds it just gives up, no error message, no activity, nothing.

I have successfully loaded vanilla BTS so that works fine. Anyone else face these issues? My specs are very high on this gaming laptop so that should not be the issue.

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

I remember some older revision had a problem while loading, but only sometimes and I don't know the reason. I'd suggest to download the latest revision and try this one.

9. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

I understand the latest revision is 645? Thats the one i loaded. Strange.

10. Arkatakor

Arkatakor Chieftain

Ok wait i got it to work. I tried recopying the latest revision and it seemed to be ok - sorry about the false alarm.

11. 45°38'N-13°47'E

No problem, the latest revision is 657 anyway. :)

12. hollywooddchi

hollywooddchi Chieftain

I'm having some trouble with my promoted Warlord to Field Commander.. He doesn't accumulate any exp. from battles within his zone of control. Is this a bug or, as usual, I've missed something important... Thanks

V. 657
    50 civ game
    Huge map
    Epic timeline
    Elizabeth(ENG)
    Prince difficulty

13. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

RE-EDIT: Well, I thought the original 'bug' was a false alarm but I'm not so sure now. Under what circumstances should I be able to train units? Are they supposed to be disabled at the start of the game, and what enables them? I'm seeing greyed-out Warrior, Worker and Settler icons in the city screen; in one game I started I was eventually able to build them but I'm not sure why.

14. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Sounds like a faulty installation to me. Can you upload a savegame; also, are you using the latest revision?

15. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

I downloaded it from the links in the main thread only this morning - are those up to date?

I figured there might be a faulty installation problem (there were a couple of XML notices during loading, too), so I'm reinstalling now. Here's an early autosave: http://www.filedropper.com/autosavebc-2500

EDIT: Ah, I think I was using 1.75! Derp.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

1.75 isn't supported anymore since more than 1 year now. Download the latest revision from here. Use the download link for AND 2.1 final or the Mirror. :)

17. 45°38'N-13°47'E

After a quick try with the new tech tree, I see no AI giving any priority to matchlock. It can be skipped and most civs in my game already have railroad, thermodynamics, etc, but they're still using maceman and knights. :(

I wonder if it's a dll code problem or something in the new tech tree; anyone else seeing similar problems?

And about religions: greeks discovered Islam, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Nagualism, Kemetism and Hellenism. And they are on the 9th place over 12 civs in the score tab.

I've tried only one game, so it might be a random problem; but if it isn't, we definetly need to change something.

Anyway I like very much the new tech tree and other changes; and techs are better displayed too in the tech tree. Great work Vokarya, really great work.

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I'm playing an Epic/Prince game on Perfect Mongoose map placement Everywhere with Low sea level and Huge size with 10 AI. I'm up to 1515BC and because I selected Huge I have not met another AI yet (which id fine by me actually as I dislike crowded starts).

One thing that I've already changed is the Civic Chiefdom. I reduced the -50 local continent maintenance to -10 and removed that superficial and so unnecessary 3 city limit that was imported by Afforess from C2C because of City Limits and the attempt to curb player and AI expansion. I stand in Total Opposition to this being in the Mod. It Hurts the AI's progress.

Since I have not made it to matchlock I can only guess that maybe it has a resource(s) requirement(s) that is too difficult to obtain. Hydro has added so many preq's in C2C that if they are not weeded out situations like this could occur imho.

And the religions, this has been a long long standing problem in AND. One item is that the Temple of Zeus is the Only Holy Shrine that gives a +15% science boost in stead of the gold boost all other give. This is a Civic problem though as it's Civic driven not necessarily a Religion founding one.

The Religion path is too closely connected still even though there was a bit of improvement on the link between the 1st 2. Kemet and Hindu both are wrongly placed in the tech tree because Firaxis didn't research very well when these particular religions came into being. Mono actually predates Poly and that makes for a confused religion time line.

I'm really liking the woodcutter and the insertion of a few more early techs to help diversify the tech pathing. Vokarya's work here is on par with his work in C2C which was extensive and corrected many pthing problems because of the influx of a large scale tech importation.

JosEPh

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

You have a good point on the skippability of Matchlock. I didn't realize how self-contained the Renaissance military techs are. That was there in the original tech tree, though. It could be that you just noticed it. One thing that I did change was that Flintlock and Riflinghad absolutely astronomical flavor values: Flintlock had Military flavor 55 and Production flavor 25, and Rifling had Military flavor 35. I thought that was a mistake because I had only seen a handful of other techs above 10 (Mountaineering had 35's, so I toned those down, but I left Corporation and Derivatives with Gold flavor at 15) so I reduced them to 10. How do flavor values play into AI tech choices?

One thing that does come to mind for fixing Matchlock somewhat is to move the exit of Explosives from Refining to Steam Power. That would mean you would need the entire Gunpowder-Matchlock-Flintlock-Explosives line to get into Steam Power and from there into the rest of the Industrial Era.

The core defense line (Warrior/Archer/Longbowman/Arquebusier/Musketman/Rifleman/Infantry/Modern Infantry/Mechanized Infantry) doesn't have any resource requirements (Arq/Musk builds faster with Lead but doesn't require it). I think that line needs to stay resource-free so that you can still somewhat defend yourself even if you have a bad location. So the tech is the only prerequisite, and if you're not seeing them, then I'm pretty sure the AI's are skipping the tech.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

@ 45*,

So far the 1st 4 religions in my game have been founded by 4 different AI. And I got beat to Mono too! :p

@Vokarya,
    The palisade in my Capital after I finished a Wonder (Colossus) tripled in size. Once I built walls (the walls for Iroquois)they returned to normal. I'll post a screenie tomorrow.

JosEPh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.