1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I had to craft an LSystem (the code that governs exactly how the buildings are laid out on the map) specifically for the Palisade, and it uses a very unusual piece of code (szSpecialLayout:CitySurround) to make the Palisade grow with the city. Palisade does not work the same way as Walls. Walls are built from a collection of wall, post, and gate segments while the Palisade is one unit that scales up with city size. I guess Palisade doesn't work very well with Wonders with unique layouts; I think I was able to reproduce what you saw in WorldBuilder, and I got the same effect with the Great Lighthouse, plus an even more spectacular size growth if I WB in Space Elevator (not that this will ever happen in game, but it was interesting to see). So the city "space" that the Palisade is trying to surround winds up extending just out to the Colossus/Lighthouse, and that is how you get the supersize Palisade. The only alternative appears to be locking down the size of the Palisade when it's built, but then you have to either have a really large Palisade to start and a lot of empty space, or a Palisade with buildings poking through. I don't know which is the better alternative.

2. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

IIRC I've increased those value because I was thinking that AI was more willing to research those techs, but I'm not 100% sure: it could increase the value AI gives to those techs when trading. I'm not sure, I need to test.

That could work, I agree.

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Second test game (in autoplay), 6 out of 11 religions were founded by the same civ. :(

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

And that Civ was probably the Tech leader too I bet. Or had Spiritual as a Leader trait.

Did you post your set up Options? Like I would bet you are using REV, Realistic Culture spread, Fixed Borders, Inquisitions, maybe even Start as Minors, while I use None of those. I know you like Mastery Victory but I do not use it. I select 3 -4 Victory conditions only at a game set up and not always the same ones.

Do you enable Multiple Religion spread in BUG?

But even with all these set up differences for play style If the Tech prereqs for some of the Religions are changed it creates divergent paths to get a religion instead of a singular path that is here now. The Poly/Mono/Buddha line break up was very easy and simple to do when I introduced the idea in C2C.

JosEPh

5. 45°38'N-13°47'E

You've lost your bet. ;)
    Russian civ, it's not the tech leader as you can see in the attached savegame; and Katy definetly is not Spiritual

Again, NO Rev, YES Realistic Culture and FB (but they're not influencing religion in any way). YES Inquisitions, NO Start as Minor; YES Mastery Victory, but it shouldn't influence the early game in any way.

Yes, but it doesn't change anything.

I'll do more testing but I think we have something that has to be changed. :)

Attached Files:

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I just tried to load your save and I got a pop up saying AND2.1 is an invalid mod directory! Ignoring! :lol:

Change the Mod's name did you?!

Edit: Wow!!! That just put my computer into an endless loop for starting BtS!

If you Have renamed the Mod to AND2.1, you better be telling everyone that this SVN version needs to go into a New Mod folder with the Name AND2.1. Or it's something you've done on your end and it's not on the SVN because I'm using 663 with no problems till I tried to load your save game.

JosEPh

7. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I'm going to try some experiments with religion founding myself. Here is what I'm looking at for an experiment:
    * Noble difficulty, Standard size (8 players), Random Script map (try different combinations), Revolutions on, Start as Minors on, Fixed Borders on, Realistic Culture Spread on, Inquisitions on, Multiple Religion Spread on.
    * AI autoplays for 400 turns. This should be enough time to found every religion except maybe Islam.
    * Go into WB and see how many holy cities each civ controls.

I'll post what I discover.

8. 45°38'N-13°47'E

My fault, it's the folder I use for experiments, although it contains now just a standard AND2.2 final version. The folder name is "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn 2.1"

9. 45°38'N-13°47'E

That's what I've done twice and those are the result I've got (large map and blitz speed, so that I only need 250-300 turns to discover every religion).

10. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

This is going to take some more running down than I thought. The size-expansion of the Palisade is really bad with Stables. You're not likely to see it with regular Stables because of the limitation on showing only Wonders and defenses, but the National Courier System uses the Stable as well. I tried it with four different civilizations (Assyria, Egypt, Japan, France) and got the same ballooning effect every time. Another issue is that when Walls-type buildings go obsolete, their defensive bonus and graphics stay, so a Palisade can still appear in the Renaissance era if the city built it but didn't bother to build walls or high walls before Rifling. Not sure what route to take anymore.

11. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

Bug which resets your customized F1 list, the city management screen, each time you load/start civ. I know i've reported this before and that its not the biggest thing, I just find it really annoying..

C2C fixed this bug awhile back, I can find the revision if you want, maybe its an easy fix? I'd appreciate it!

12. thecaesar

thecaesar Will appear randomly

I have an interesting problem...I installed and launched the mod, and it gave me a bunch of XML errors while it was launching, but it still let me launch the game. I'm like, "Eh, all right then." I start playing the game, and I soon figure out that for some reason or another (most likely those errors) I, along with all of the AI players, cannot build units in my cities. No settlers, no military, no workers...yeah. Only buildings.

Will reinstall fix this? I'm going to try that, hopefully it will, but I'm just posting this anyways.

13. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Try redownloading AND again, might be a corrupted/unfinished download.

14. Moth Bones

Moth Bones Chieftain

A couple of instances of pointless AI unit promotions; the arctic combat promotion for units operating on a continent with no tundra or ice.

The BUG display options seem really flaky. I always set them to hide unconstructable buildings, but that's not happening a lot of the time.

The early Woodcutter is great. I hate feeling railroaded to chop down loads of forests early on, it's really nice to have this improvement option.

15. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

There is a building filter inside the city screen. Select buildings, and then the first icon in the row of icons. This filter is 'show unconstructable buildings ON/OFF'.

The default is ON I think, so its just a matter of click on the icon to turn it off.

Its kinda unfair to make generalizations like 'the bug display options seem really flaky'. In this instance it was just you not being aware of the building filtering system, i've been using BUG for years and it works fine.

16. 45°38'N-13°47'E

If you can find it that would help; the only hint I've found so far was in C2C rev1748 but that was imported a long ago; I guess the problem can't be in CvCustomizableDomesticAdvisor.py because AND2 version and C2C version of this file are almost identical, the only difference being a couple of lines regarding properties (which haven't been imported in AND and shouldn't cause any trouble).

17. 45°38'N-13°47'E

Again on the religion issue, in the latest test, 4 religions have been founded by the same civ and I think that's good enough playing on a large map with 12 civs. More testing will follow.

18. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

Think this is it.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11258723&postcount=5096
    Not sure of the exact revision though.

19. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

I did 20 test games myself (standard size, 8 players), and I wound up with one AI with 5 or more religions half the time. I'm not sure if this is more a problem with the religion system or just one civilization being tech leader. I did note that Maya is in an excellent position to grab Kemetism at the start of the game, since they start with Ritualism + Stone Tools, the prereqs for Ceremonial Burial.

20. 45°38'N-13°47'E

That revision was imported a long ago. If you look at the pyhton file in both AND and C2C, they are identical. So either the problem stands in C2C too, or it depends on something else. :(

Edit: I've never tried Custom Domestic Advisor, I'll have a look.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.