A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, ALL Improvements seem to be screwed, at least here (so i'd like that someonelse could confirm this to report this as a Bug), e.g. if i place city ruins 1 in the worldbuilder, i get whaling boats instead, if placing city ruins 2, i get a mine, if placing a tribal village (thats what i called "Goodie huts ;-)), i get a shaft mine....

Confirmed! I haven't checked if the same thing happens when the worker is done building these improvements. But the ones in the world builder are derekcuf.

Workers build improvements fine here. Didn't notice any improvements other then cottage line messed up in the civilopedia either.
Didn't try using WB in final version yet though.

Me too. I installed without Blue Marble. I didn't know it was already installed anyway.

So just tell me EXACT FILENAMES of BM files so I can see if I can figure out how to create two separate fpks. Or at least try... PM me info if you wanna.

D'oh. I wondered about the terrain. (Didn't select Blue Marble, but yep, it's there.)

Workers build improvements fine here. Didn't notice any improvements other then cottage line messed up in the civilopedia either.
Didn't try using WB in final version yet though.

Just tried to use WB with latest version (1.75A) and confirm that improvements are messed up. None of the icons gives correct improvement on the map..

One thing i just noticed, must have been there aloooong time.

But in the CIV4UnitArtStylesTypeInfo, there are two (2) Horseman in the African art files:

Code:
                <StyleUnit>
                    <UnitType>UNIT_HORSEMAN</UnitType>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSEMAN_AFRICAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSEMAN_AFRICAN</LateArtDefineTag>
                        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSEMAN_AFRICAN</MiddleArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>
also:

Code:
<StyleUnit>
                    <UnitType>UNIT_HORSEMAN</UnitType>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MALI_CAVALRY</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                        <LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MALI_CAVALRY</LateArtDefineTag>
                        <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_MALI_CAVALRY</MiddleArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </StyleUnit>

It has to be conflicting someplace:confused:

People complaining about improvement pictures, screenshots would help. A picture speak more abundantly than 1k words ;).

People complaining about improvement pictures, screenshots would help. A picture speak more abundantly than 1k words ;).

Picture of what? :) Buttons in WB looks just fine, problem is that they generate wrong improvements. Choose mine and you get farm, but how you take picture of that?

Guys, I am aware of the bug. It will be fixed next patch.

Afforess, any updates on my CTD bug? Since last time, I've tried loading single-player games, multi-player games at 6000BC, and multi-player games after playing some turns. The single-player and 6000BC multi-player games load perfectly fine. The resumed multi-player games crash. All types produce identical logs.

The mod looks overwhelmingly interesting. So I gave it a try, that is however until I tried to actually start a game. After checking of my desired game options (in custom scenario), I pressed "LAUNCH!".. But at the loading screen I suddently receive an error. An C++ runtime error, in the civ4beyondsword.exe - and the game CTD.
- Any solutions some of you can suggest? :)

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to give this mod a try. Ooh, and I'm playing the version 1.75.

The mod looks overwhelmingly interesting. So I gave it a try, that is however until I tried to actually start a game. After checking of my desired game options (in custom scenario), I pressed "LAUNCH!".. But at the loading screen I suddently receive an error. An C++ runtime error, in the civ4beyondsword.exe - and the game CTD.
- Any solutions some of you can suggest? :)

Any help would be appreciated, as I would really like to give this mod a try. Ooh, and I'm playing the version 1.75.

Need alittle more info than that, like 3.0 GZ, 2 Gb RAM, XP etc:dunno: Just a thought:hmm:

After checking of my desired game options (in custom scenario), I pressed "LAUNCH!".. But at the loading screen I suddently receive an error. An C++ runtime error, in the civ4beyondsword.exe - and the game CTD.
- Any solutions some of you can suggest?

Which map size were you creating, and are you using the 3GB switch? I couldn't create the two largest map sizes (C++ runtime error during map creation) without it.

I have a 750 2.67 GHz with 8 GB of memory computer, window 7, 32-bit. I followed step by step instructions for installation, but I do not understand why, when the installation is finished, the program creates a subfolder called "rise of mankind - a new dawn" in the folder "Rise of mankind". When I select "rise of mankind" in the mod does not change anything. The mod will only work if I extract the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn." To run the mod, I have to select the contents of the folder "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and copy it to the "rise of mankind." Unfortunately, the game is interrupted shortly after when the save file reaches 1,000 kb (MAF). Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks.

I have a 750 2.67 GHz with 8 GB of memory computer, window 7, 32-bit. I followed step by step instructions for installation, but I do not understand why, when the installation is finished, the program creates a subfolder called "rise of mankind - a new dawn" in the folder "Rise of mankind". When I select "rise of mankind" in the mod does not change anything. The mod will only work if I extract the "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn." To run the mod, I have to select the contents of the folder "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" and copy it to the "rise of mankind." Unfortunately, the game is interrupted shortly after when the save file reaches 1,000 kb (MAF). Is there anyone who can help me? Thanks.

1. You'll need to enable the 3GB memory switch since you're using a 32-bit operating system. There's an instructional topic for this on the RoM board.

2. It sounds like you're installing RoM and then installing AND to the same directory. You no longer need to install RoM separately because it's including in the AND installer. So, just install AND and everything will work fine. Except multi-player, which is still totally broken for me. :p

I have had this before, mine was normally at 1.4mb...
The best advice i had was to look into the WB and see who was at war, use the diplomacy to ensure that all are at peace and it worked for me...

The Atotoztli and Wu you added have a few minor issues. The traits of Atotoztli make here the same as Boudicea and she should have a favorite religion (Mesoamericanism). I should also mention that Zap made a version of Wu using his added traits; I also added a soundpack for Wu (from one of cyberxkhan's diplomusic packs). Since you are taking over these two LHs, let me hand over the files I worked on before I knew you added them. I am just uploading the Soundpack files and relevant XML. If I did not put in work with the LHs, I would have been fine with your work. I also have to thank you for having the Dido LH as default, it helped "lighten" my project.

Also, I made buttons a while back for things which had missing art, which I think you missed. Let me provide a link. I am assuming that any changes you want to make can be patched.

Attachments

• LH.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 153
The Atotoztli and Wu you added have a few minor issues. The traits of Atotoztli make here the same as Boudicea and she should have a favorite religion (Mesoamericanism). I should also mention that Zap made a version of Wu using his added traits; I also added a soundpack for Wu (from one of cyberxkhan's diplomusic packs). Since you are taking over these two LHs, let me hand over the files I worked on before I knew you added them. I am just uploading the Soundpack files and relevant XML. If I did not put in work with the LHs, I would have been fine with your work. I also have to thank you for having the Dido LH as default, it helped "lighten" my project.

Also, I made buttons a while back for things which had missing art, which I think you missed. Let me provide a link. I am assuming that any changes you want to make can be patched.

Helo, how i can use your icons? I want add the icons in actual instalation.

I saw this bug in AND1.74
Among a stack of units with a GG, two Dragons get 114/82 and 61/50 of experience.
They should receive a new promotion. But nothing happend !

Environment :
Win7 64b / 4Go ram / HD4850 last DRV
AND 1.75 ( no patch ) + "A new flavour" MOD
I can't find a new dawn.log !!! ( nowhere below /Sid Meier's Civilization 4 )

Location of the stack : 115°82'E, 21°39'S

View attachment 268978

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom