A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. I came here before when I couldn't get the game to work, but it turned out to be a "computer can't handle it" issue. I've got a newer comp, and it plays everything great!

I installed AND and it's really fun but... Well, I'm not sure why but it appears that every time I install it, I can play a game, but as soon as I try to do a new game, it crashes. It'll open just fine, and let me choose the kind of game I want to play. The loading bar pops up, slowly fills up but the music starts skipping and then it says: "Runtime Error, this application has asked something to close in an unexpected manner"

Any ideas...?

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

Hello all. Apologies if this question has been answered in a previous thread...

I just D/L RoM:AND + the patch. I chose the "Blue Marble" option, plus one of the snazzy interface choices (steel?) Installation took forever, but I'm patient...

I load AND from the BTS menu... and then I wait... and wait... and wait some more

Eventually, it loads... to a title screen with no (text) menu options. The cursor is present; I'm able to click on "dead space", but I cannot start a new game. When I do click on the areas normally occupied by "single player"/"multiplayer"/etc., a freeze (occasionally) results. Even when the game does not freeze, I'm stuck. What am I doing wrong??

I use Windows XP. Decent system. No major problems with any other CIV IV modpack//mod-mod.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn

And, like I said before, it does load to the AND intro screen... but without any text.

Also, I already confirmed that my language choice= English.

EDIT: I have this same problem (unresolved) with another mod... "Legends of Revolution"

Are you sure you installed AND to the proper place?

Well I looked at it but i couldn't find anything when i started a custom game. I will try to reinstall but i don't think it will work.

Looks like goodie huts in the WB are still not showing, can this be fixed without breaking a minimod?

ok i fixed it by merging the AND stuff with the ROM stuff as they were previously separated

Where is the "choose Religion" option gone to? (choose which religion you want when founding one)

You can still set it in the advanced map setup, but it doesn't seem to work!

No more option for it in the popup config menu...

I NEED this! multo importante!

A small quastion...

Will it cause AND to become unstable if I use Realistic Diplomacy from ROM in this?

A small quastion...

Will it cause AND to become unstable if I use Realistic Diplomacy from ROM in this?

Not necessarily. More like redundant. Because all RD stuff is now in DLL sources so RD is no longer really needed :).

Not necessarily. More like redundant. Because all RD stuff is now in DLL sources so RD is no longer really needed :).

Yes, but I don't seem to see options like "Do not bother me" even with "expanded diplomacy" enabled.

Where is the "choose Religion" option gone to? (choose which religion you want when founding one)

You can still set it in the advanced map setup, but it doesn't seem to work!

No more option for it in the popup config menu...

I NEED this! multo importante!

This is a currently known issue. No fix date has been given, waiting on someone else for the fix.

Ok some update:

I had AnD installed in the bts install dir mod folder, now I have xcopied all over to the my documents/my games/blabla/mods folder.

Now when I start a new game, the bug config menu is working as it should, all there, only if I load my previous savegame it's bugged like before.

But the revolution icon still doesn't show up,no matter if it's a new game, and I fear that the whole revolution system isn't loaded.

There is an error shown when i start the game (first turn) :
Code:
BugConfig - failure parsing Assets\Config\Revolution.xml at line 127
maybe that's the problem?

Attachments

• PythonDbg.log.txt
    125.2 KB · Views: 75
  • PythonErr.log.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 72
  • PythonErr2.log.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 97
I've explained it before. The game does not like non-American characters. Switch to English or remove any non-Ascii characters from city and player names.

If u talking to me Aforess, it doesnt change anything if i play in english version or french version. Still having automatized promo for my units... I will take an other look, but honestly i dont think it changes anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom