Altered maps IZ: gib clay!

it is at war with eastasia though

am sensing an anti-Polish conspiracy here . North Africa bad , so something like Australia perhaps ?

that map stinks
There are different opinions where the border between oceania and asia should be set, but it's got various things in common. And as you can see here in the ice age sumatra, borneo and java were connected to the asian mainland, which is a big reason why they are considered asian, while australia and papua needed to be reached by water still

Huxley line instinctively seems wrong, to me :p

I'm thinking Wallace or Weber

fixedeurope800.gif

Decided to do some improvements on Europe without respect to ethnicity, politics, religion, geographical accuracy or history. The summary below too reflects this:

1. Great Britain is great enough with Great Britain, so Northern Ireland is part of Ireland.
  2. Belgium is just Catholic Holland. Split between FR and HL.
  3. Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, and the Holy See are all absorbed into their neighbors.
  4. Austro-Slovenia is now a seafaring nation.
  5. Most of Yugoslavia is back together. It looks pretty good even without some of Slovenia.
  6. Moldova is basically just Romania, so that's there too and some other border improvements.
  7. Greece gets an extra stretch of coastline for @Kyriakos, for being an active user.
  8. Czechoslovakia is also back together because I like the name, also they get back the part the Soviets chipped off.
  9. Germany also gets back a little bit of its prewar border because it's nicer looking.
  10. Poland is also compensated with a boost to its eastern border. It could look better but I couldn't be bothered fixing it all in one go.
  11. Byelorussia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan had to go. Pushing everything back made them look weird.
  12. Russia loses Kaliningrad, which is split between Poland and Lithuania.
I think that about wraps it up for me.

What the hell.

let's see what will happen kind of thing . The Japanese Goverment would have already deduced they will be invaded so they wouldn't much dispute the idea if the only response was like limited to a street name plate that adds Turkish .

Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, and the Holy See are all absorbed into their neighbors.
does andorra go to spain or france? does liechtenstein go to austria or switzerland? does luxembourg go to france or germany? is san marino still independent?
Most of Yugoslavia is back together. It looks pretty good even without some of Slovenia.
the border at istria looks pretty ugly
Greece gets an extra stretch of coastline for @Kyriakos, for being an active user.
bonus: greece gets to keep some istanbul suburbs, so irredentists get a partial victory
Poland is also compensated with a boost to its eastern border. It could look better but I couldn't be bothered fixing it all in one go.
is that the pre-WW2 border?
I think that about wraps it up for me.
what happens to transnistria, abkhazia, south ossetia, artsakh, north cyprus and the azerbaijani exclave?

does andorra go to spain or france? does liechtenstein go to austria or switzerland? does luxembourg go to france or germany? is san marino still independent?
Andorra: ES/FR
Liechtenstein: CH
Luxembourg: FR/DE
San Marino: forgot about it

the border at istria looks pretty ugly
Good point! Let’s put a Free Territory of Trieste or something on v2.

bonus: greece gets to keep some istanbul suburbs, so irredentists get a partial victory
I was thinking of giving them Syria as compensation.

is that the pre-WW2 border?
I tried but failed. Anyway, Polish Peak Performance means a nice big eastern border.

what happens to transnistria, abkhazia, south ossetia, artsakh, north cyprus and the azerbaijani exclave?
Transnistria is reunited with Romania.

Cyprus should be part of Greece. Or England. Gotta protect that Suez Canal from Nasser.

Those other ones might get consolidated into a Transcaucasian Republic just because the names get a little wacky for me. Also, some of these republics are like 300,000 people. Too small to fit on the map so out they go!

I'd have thought that one should minimise weird, snaking borders, not create even more.

Tbh, re Greece the map is close to one of the propositions in 1919-20, ie Greece keeping most of eastern Thrace but not Constantinople (and nothing in Anatolia either).
A possibility for what would have been Greece giving Smyrna to Italy.

I'd have thought that one should minimise weird, snaking borders, not create even more.
Good news! I finished my NEW "improved" United States. I also wrote in the numbers to help clear up any confusion.

fixedusa800.gif

1. Maine
  2. Hampshire
  3. Taxachusettes
  4. Rhode Connecticut
  5. New York
  6. New Delaware
  7. Pennsylvania
  8. Maryland
  9. Virginia
  10. Carolina
  11. Georgia
  12. Florida
  13. Alabama
  14. Tentucky
  15. Ohindiana
  16. Michigan
  17. Illinois
  18. Wisconsin
  19. Better Wisconsin
  20. Minnesota
  21. Iowa
  22. Missouri
  23. Kansarkansas
  24. Louisississippi
  25. Big Texas
  26. Lahoma
  27. Nebraska
  28. Dakota
  29. Montana
  30. Wyorado
  31. Ida
  32. Utavada
  33. Arizona
  34. California
  35. Oregon
  36. Washington
  37. New America
What's great about this map is that it's not only good, its 16 color palette is also compatible for viewing on Windows 3.1 systems. No backwards compatibility issues with my maps!

West Virginians hate Richmond so much they sided with the Yankees in the Civil War. You'd have an easier time convincing Texans to re-join Mexico.

Putting Las Vegas and Salt Lake City into the same state, however, would be the funniest practical joke in history.

I kind of hate it mostly thanks to what you did with 23 and 32 and 18

also 27+21 should be merged they're the same anyway

below is an infra map

Spoiler :

I kind of hate it mostly thanks to what you did with 23 and 32 and 18

also 27+21 should be merged they're the same anyway

below is an infra map

Spoiler :

The greek railway has the added issue of most of the country being mountainous. There's a reason why armies had to use the Thermopylae to go to the south :)

That said, parts of it are missing from the map (probably due to how the pic was saved in the host). Eg the peloponnese has a connected system for the northern coast, not bits and pieces with nothing between Corinth and Patrae.

Spoiler :

Top Bottom