Altered maps IZ: gib clay!

White people couldn't so much as walk past a damp rock in the ocean without thinking "this probably belongs to me", huh.

(I'd say "good on the Japanese for getting in on that action", but, um, no not good.)

They were on our land when we got off the boat.

Southern Africa Shuffle to create/improve nationstates out of existing states in Southern Africa. :smug:

Pink: Barotseland
Yellow: Botswana
Brown: Kalanga
Purple: Tsonga
Red: Sotho
Green: Xhosa
Light blue: Zulu
Blue: Afrikaanerstan

Attachments

• southernafrica2.jpg
    southernafrica2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 486
Who gets the light and dark greys of Safrica, is it a battle royale for the unclaimed land?

I just couldn't decide what to do with those areas.

Namibien would like some clay.

I made a map of the US counties (colored in green) that have more people than there are global cases of COVID-19.

I made an update, as well as one for states/provinces in North America.

Here's an updated version of the map Warpus posted earlier.

Last edited:
Why does it tell us to relax right next to a note that Spain has 20k deaths lmao

At least it mentions that people will go uncounted.

by the way, I have an extension (Imagus) that, among other things, automatically finds largest available image sizes, so I here's your 1024x527 coronavirus map at full, legible size 3695x1901

Spoiler large :

Last edited:
Why does it tell us to relax right next to a note that Spain has 20k deaths lmao
I don't, know, it's like YouTube showing me ads for people who assure me I should rest easy for they'll help me draw my will, if I should need it.

Whazzat? Neat.

Population!! Very cool map.

I am continually surprised at how barren Spain is

That's what they call 'emptied Spain', or the Ibearian Lappland, due to its low population and population density.

It is in no small part due to the effect of Madrid and the radial infrastructure system, that basically drives you through Madrid to get anywhere else. Between that and the fact that Madrid is a sort of tax haven within Spain, big companies, and therefore massive numbers of jobs tend to flock around it, and that's how you get that island in Madrid surrounded by nothingness until you get to the coast.

That and Spain is relatively underpopulated. It's larger than Germany but only has about 60% of the population, iirc.

Speaking of Germany, it's interesting to see how East Germany is a low plain with a towering mass in its midst which is Berlin.

What's with the random strands of blue up there in Canada?
Speaking of Germany, it's interesting to see how East Germany is a low plain with a towering mass in its midst which is Berlin.
Post-Cold War unification involved annexing the East German population and lands into (Western) Germany but not keeping the two together.

In the top-left I assume that's Alaska. In the top-right.. Uhm.. One of those could be France, but they only have 1 (or 2?) islands there. Denmark has an island they think they own, but their flag is red and white too.

I also see brown and black, so maybe it's local indigenous flags? I have no idea. Looking again at Alaska, that's black there too it seems. So scratch Alaska

Neat flag map.

Do you know if there's more of those?

Neat flag map.

Do you know if there's more of those?

It looks to be original content by the guy who posted this map here

I looked through the comments earlier and didn't see anything, although I wasn't looking that closely. Maybe there's a link to some of his other maps there somewhere, if he has any

Top Bottom