Altered Maps X: Ten Time's a Altered Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
A map I think I made way back in '07. It was for an RP, but it's since expanded into an entire story line I hope to write down some day.

Zar, endowed with mystical powers, created an empire the likes of which hadn't been seen in three centuries; and up until now it had all been done by the BarBar tribal expansion. In the story, it's up to the Myentar operative Zer0eye, of Cobalt Knight descent, to persuade Albadon-a nation so far only neutral because of its intense mountain terrain-to join the alliance and strike against The Empire. With only Palvoria or Albadon as options for a theater of war, his quest only escalates as his ancestry reveals something much more sinister behind Zar's power.

I'll explain more if anyone wants me to.

A map I think I made way back in '07. It was for an RP, but it's since expanded into an entire story line I hope to write down some day.

Zar, endowed with mystical powers, created an empire the likes of which hadn't been seen in three centuries; and up until now it had all been done by the BarBar tribal expansion. In the story, it's up to the Myentar operative Zer0eye, of Cobalt Knight descent, to persuade Albadon-a nation so far only neutral because of its intense mountain terrain-to join the alliance and strike against The Empire. With only Palvoria or Albadon as options for a theater of war, his quest only escalates as his ancestry reveals something much more sinister behind Zar's power.

I'll explain more if anyone wants me to.

Spoiler :

Ahhh, I always used to make up my own maps and story lines to go with them when I was younger, I'll see if I can find any and try to post them later :)

A series of maps of the Ottoman Empire that I am working on right now.

@superbeaver

Something like this?
Spoiler :

De jure Vassals/Autonomous regions but de facto independent

If, they have pink centres and red borders, than its both de jure and de facto vassals/autonomous regions

I think he means on the big image :)

Ah. Some nations have different divisions than just 'provinces' or 'states'

Like in China, there are the provinces, the autonomous regions and the city-regions so they all have a different colour

What do you mean by OT?

How come Iceland has more regions than the whole UK? we do have regions within our kingdoms!

That's what I was thinking, even Greenland has regions!

An Alternate History I'm working on. This map is obviously incomplete, with only the European Powers, the Ottomans, and the Independent African Nations represented. It's 1900, three years before the Great War happens(in this universe).

How come Iceland has more regions than the whole UK? we do have regions within our kingdoms!

That's what I was thinking, even Greenland has regions!

The map only takes into account the highest level subdivision for each country. So states for the United States, republics/oblasts/krais for Russia, provinces/municipalities/ARs/SARs for China, "countries" for the United Kingdom, municipalities for Greenland, and so on.

Erm, why would Italy and the Balkans come together, and why would they take Libya as well as some of the Americas? Who's taking the southern Iberian Peninsula? Whoever they are, shouldn't the French have defeated them?And what about the US? Did the Spanish-American War never happen? Why did the Dutch lose Suriname but keep Indonesia? Why have the Brits lost India and a lot of their other colonies? Why is Germany dealing with Africa? Etc., etc.

Erm, why would Italy and the Balkans come together, and why would they take Libya? Who's taking the southern Iberian Peninsula? And what about the US? Did the Spanish-American War never happen?

Italy+Balkans+Conquered Libya is the 2nd Roman Republic, formed between the Western Roman Republic, and the Byzantine/Eastern Roman Empire. The two Romes remerged after the failure of the 4th Crusade.

After the Western Roman Empire barely survived the barbarian invasions, they were able to reorganize themselves and retake Carthage, which eventually led to all of Libya being Roman.

In Southern Iberia is the Granadan Empire, which has been an ally of Rome ever since the fallout of the 4th Crusade.

The 4th Crusade, in both histories, got money-greedy and invaded the Byzantine Empire. Here, Byzantium, although they lost Greece to the 4th Crusade's Latin Empire, never lost Constantinople due to the Walls being able to withstand the siege, along with the strategic ability of the generals of Byzantium. When the Western Romans heard about this, many were outraged, and a pair of popular senators led a riot into the Vatican, which was able to overpower the Swiss Guard (it was a big riot) and kill practically every important or semi-important character in the Vatican, up to and including the Pope.

When the Papacy was able to reorganize in France, they got almost all of Europe to hate the two Romes. This lead to the two Rome remerging, along with Rome seeking alliances with the Islamic nations, which shared a common enemy with the Papacy.

The USA still exists in this timeline, though with vastly different territory. The USA and the Iberian Empire fought a war lasted from 1880 to 1892. The war resulted in the American conquests of Cuba and Puerto Rico, which would lead to their admission as states in 1903 and 1906 respectively.

Rome beat the Netherlands to Suriname. Sorry.

The British Empire proper had moved their capital to the Americas after the French-Roman alliance invaded the British Isles and took it over. The British Throne moved to their colonies in America, where they had a large amount of territory, even after France regained the Louisiana territory. Britannia proper has much of the Americas, Australia, and India, plus Indochina. The country inhabiting the British Isles is Albion, a country mostly unrelated to the British Empire that had risen after the French Empire collapsed with the disastrous and short reign of Napoleon IV. In other words, Albion and Britain are separate political entities. But don't worry, with Britain's late entry into WWI, Albion become proper British territory.

The German territory in Africa is the result of the Germans being late into colonizing after the collapse of the Napoleonic Empire. The German colonial situation is a lot like our history's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom