April 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Yeah, the Samurai starting on a civic rather than a tech is a great change for Japan.
Representing the beginning of the Sengoku Jidai. Now, all we need is someone shouting "SHAMFUR DISPLAY" whenever a Samurai Unit is killed.

Sad to see no buffs to Warrior Monks, and no further nerfs to monopoly tourism.

The monks got a combat strength boost. Maybe it is just in line with the other CS changes to units, I dunno. But there was a change.

Also, may I raise attention to the fact that the Mountie is now at 290 Production instead of 400?

One idea was that to attempt to pet the cat would result in damage to the Scout and all adjacent hexes.
I think that's accurate, but maybe I've just been watching too much "My Cat from Hell." :p

TSL Huge Earth map does not properly show river names for me.

Same for me, though I'm not convinced that this a new bug (and I consider it as one, as the serious sideeffect is likely still that no floods will happen then in the entire game)...I started a game with old, standard-sized TSL Earth map and it is the same. And if I remember correctly, my last game on this map was the same. No named rivers, no floods.

Oh, come on. You're going to get like 5 extra science or something. It just makes the placement game a little more fun.

More that they got attention while other civs like Scotland could have used a minor boost at least.

Edit2: A drought appears but no dust clouds animation in the affected tiles.
This, combined with the animationless Gentle Eruption from a volcano during the livestream yesterday, makes me wonder if Natural Disasters (or at least just some of them) are bugged such that no graphics appear? That'll really suck if it applies to tornadoes, hurricanes, sand storms, and blizzards, cos then you'll hardly be able to tell what tiles they crossed over.
Look at that, a barbarian galley . . .
Did they really change what naval barbarian units spawn??? Can anyone confirm???

This, combined with the animationless Gentle Eruption from a volcano during the livestream yesterday, makes me wonder if Natural Disasters (or at least just some of them) are bugged such that no graphics appear? That'll really suck if it applies to tornadoes, hurricanes, sand storms, and blizzards, cos then you'll hardly be able to tell what tiles they crossed over.

Did they really change what naval barbarian units spawn??? Can anyone confirm???

With the Barbarian Clans Mode active, I saw several Galleys. I became used to them. Then I failed to notice the Quadreme hiding amongst them and it killed my Scout.

The monks got a combat strength boost. Maybe it is just in line with the other CS changes to units, I dunno. But there was a change.
Oh wait, I didnt notice then, I'll go back and check

I don't get why they boost Korea. Now that Rationalism needs +4 adjacency the flat +4 from Seowon is huge. A meaningful nerf would be make the flat bonus +3, so one has to build two mines to get +4.

To nitpick my own post, Korea is slightly nerfed when so many units and UU got a strength boost and it seems like Hwacha is still at 45/60 (melee/ranged).

Also, may I raise attention to the fact that the Mountie is now at 290 Production instead of 400?
You can draw attention to it but it is mentioned on the first post of this thread ....

• [Gathering Storm] Mountie: Combat Strength increased to 62 (was 60). Added additional National Park charge. Costs 290 Production (was 400).

You can draw attention to it but it is mentioned on the first post of this thread ....

• [Gathering Storm] Mountie: Combat Strength increased to 62 (was 60). Added additional National Park charge. Costs 290 Production (was 400).
I know that, I just didn't see anyone talking about how the Mountie is now cheaper by around 33%.

I'm kind of ok with the balance changes (Scotland excepted). I really don't expect a great deal, and the hype/sky-high expectations flummox me.

luxury improvements in Corp Mode still very broken, but lots of farms and unique improvements (not sure if more than before)

But I registered an account purely to say this: how is this still not fixed? It is just unacceptable that we need to use a jerry-rigged mod to make this mode playable, after two updates.

It is baffling to me why people care in any measure about a gimmicky "pet" option when such glaring bugs remain to be fixed.

Top Bottom